Reviews for God Bless Us, Every One
Aileil chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Thanks a whole bunch. Christmas is my favorite time of year and 'A Christmas Carol' is one of m favorite books, SGA is one of my favorite shows, and Rodney is tied with Carson for favorite character on the show. All in all I'd say that with this story you couldn't miss. Thanks.
Jen-NCIS-Lover chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
Lovely story!
Azamiko chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Nice past Christmases.
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
aw, that was a wonderful story.
Nanook of the North chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Great story. I enjoyed it. I love Rodney stories.
Lorency chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
Aw. Such cute story.
Hromiko chapter 1 . 6/8/2006
Okay, it's not my goal to be a jerk (always a great way to start a review), but you could really use a beta. I accept that fanfic isn't like a school essay or published book, the author doesn't need to get too caught up in grammar and spelling when she is trying to express herself in someone else's playground; however, a basic readthrough the next day after writing this could've removed all kinds of annoying mistakes. I'm not even half way through Sumner and I couldn't ignore it anymore. You've left out 'not' a few times in sentences which don't make any sense without it, for example: "He had been back here in years" referring to his childhood home. You've also left in words like 'the' in: "He looked around the Sumner was headed into a different doorway." Probably you had the Colonel then decided you needed to mix it up some and put Sumner instead without removing the 'the.' There are a small number of misspelled/wrong words (like your instead of you're, cause instead of case of pnuemonia, hokey instead of hockey) and missing or extra apostrophes (one of the best Christmas' instead of one of the best Christmases; Chaya grip instead of Chaya's grip, though that whole sentence is messed up). I'm not sure what you were thinking with this one: "My sister was modified." What, she's a robot that can be reprogrammed? ;) Surprisingly, you seem to be lacking commas that are important for making things make better sense (like in the sentence above: He looked around, Sumner was headed) when so many other people seem to pepper their stories with loads of useless ones. There are other problems, but I don't want to try to go through every mistake (unless you're looking for a beta ;)) and you probably aren't planning on fixing something two years old anyway. There are definitely much worse offenders out there, people who can't seem to string a sentence together (me for instance, I can't even think of someone else's plot to modify into an SGA story...) or spell two words right, but you've got a fun idea here and it would be much more enjoyable if I wasn't getting knocked out of the mood every few sentences with mistakes that a quick proofread would've revealed.

That's a lot of harshness, but it's only to make the story better. I think you had a great idea here. I always enjoy stories that take familiar themes/ideas/plots and put in my favorite characters. McKay is definitely the most Scrooge-like of the bunch. I like the look into McKay and think you did a pretty good job capturing him. I enjoyed your picks for the ghosts. Gaul is sort of like a mini-Rodney in the making before he died, not exactly the relationship of Scrooge and Marley, but the best you'll find in SGA. I can't remember the ghost of Christmas past, was he the jolly big guy or the ethereal woman? Either way, even if Sumner isn't exactly who I'd think of, you have a great feel for his character there when he's waking McKay up. Chaya was a good ghost of Christmas present (she would make the best ethereal woman if that's Christmas present...) and she's pretty ghostly even if she's not dead per se. A wraith for Christmas future was just perfect. But what happened to McKay in the future? It doesn't appear he ended up dead like Scrooge. Did he end up with the Genii or something? I want more of that future AU story! :) Very nice ending, makes me all warm and tingly inside with friendship goodness. I'm not sure I get the seeing dead people thing, I mean I know what Rodney's recently seen, but what's John seen? Is it just a reference to remembering those who've died?

Sorry this turned into such a long review. If I didn't care I wouldn't have pointed out things that bugged me. :) I figure every so often it's my duty as a reader to help improve a story rather than just gush at it. Keep on writing!
Tazmy chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Nice move making Steve the Ghost of Christmas Future. You should do a read through of this story and correct some of the grammar and incorrect words. Otherwise, good job!
Chasing Liquor chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
This was about as warm and cute as I could take. As always, well done.
Dr. Dredd chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
Even though it's July, I still love a holiday story. (OK, I'm more of Aaron's persuasion, but who cares?) :-)

Speaking of Aaron, I liked that part of the fic. It was neat to see a college-era McKay, with long hair and all. Reminds me a little of some friends of mine.

*claps* Hope to see another good holiday fic from you in six months from now. ;-)
fanficaddict chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
Aw! that was so sweet! :D Love the choices for the spirits LOL loved Rodney's reaction to each of thme Bravo! Well done!
illman chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
Great Christmas story!
Wedgewood chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
lol, what a great Xmas fic! A wonderful spin on the old story, great job, and Merry Christmas!
PurpleYin chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
Wow that was so good. And nice you worked steve in in his own evil way helping.

i love fics that deal with mckays backgorund and this was nice, with references dotted through, like russia and why he doesn't like christmas.

the last line is very touching too, the whole fic is though, lovely and christmassy.

thank you for writing it.
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
Very nice and imaginative story! Nice take on a classic story, though too bad Rodney didn't ask for a Red Rider BB Gun. ;-)

“Geez, only you would argue with a ghost!” - Love that line!

Nice pick of people to play the Ghosts of Christmas...and I'm glad you used Sumner since I was a little peeved that they killed him off so soon! Chaya was a surprise, and yes, I did think that 'Steve' would make an awesome Death...well, you know what I mean. ;-) And I did feel a chill when Steve showed Rodney a possible Earth that had been decimated...I almost expected him to show Rodney his grave...or worse, him being tortured by Kolya.

The way we saw his past and present holidays, I really felt bad for Rodney...maybe send him a cookie?

Again, great story and can't wait to read more!