Reviews for Scars
Kris Senju chapter 1 . 8/11/2016
we' .
hiccup-mikey-robin chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Half-way this story I cried. It was heart-breaking to learn that a 14-year old Mikey cried himself to sleep after watching through a hotel skylight some human teenagers enjoy themselves during prom night. I hope Nexus can stage a prom night for the Turtles so that they don't have to feel left out. :(
SleepingSeeker chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Gave me chills. Nice dark story here with a glimmer of silver lining along the edges. Very nice. I raise my glass to you ;')
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
Wow. A very poignant story and very true. I really like James and how he has an effect on Raph that makes him take a second look at his own life. Nicely done.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
freakanature06 chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
*isn't sure if she's gonna cry* I... *takes a deep breath* I love it... I can't even describe how much I love this... I... I can't even speak! *laughs slightly* Wow.

~ME~
Jessiy Landroz chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
you know, I dont think I've read this one before Oo; *checks date* submitted in 2001? whoa...

though the newtoon started back in 2003 you actually got Raph's character, (assuming it's the movie Raph here?) pretty well, and yes, going home drunk and getting on the wrong side of dear old dad and 'big bro' wouldn't have been a pretty sight...

very deep and touching, even the small piece you added in the beginning and the ned add more depth to it all, good job! :D
Skybright Daye chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
I had been with precisely two months when I first read this. That was five years ago. It was another year after that before I wrote my own first Turtle fic, but this more than any other Turtles fic is the reason why.

This story was the story that made me want to write for the Ninja Turtles. I remember finishing this piece and saying "This is what I want to try for". I don't know why I never reviewed it - probably at the time I was too shy - but "Scars" has never left me. This is one of those rare stories that touch you somewhere deep and never stop that touching.

For that, for this, you have my thanks.
SilentWater13 chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
wow.

i'm stunned speechless.
Reluctant Dragon chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
Wow. I'm Impressed.

Short, to the point, and extremely effective.

Also well written.

Loved it!

~RD
Sassy Lil Scorpio chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
Wow...I really enjoyed reading this. Loved the first POV from Raphael and his inner thoughts as he struggles with how alcoholism effects his relationships with the other Turtles and Splinter. James was also a great character and served as a great reminder that we can't just look at someone and think they have it altogether. The opening quote fit very well as well as the last quote. Great job and it's going in my favorites!
Invader Sam chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
That was amazing! You have such an incredible grasp of his character; the emotional connection between reader and character is very evident and displayed excellently. All of your work is awesome - keep it up!
Reija Linn chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
Majorly great and touching story. Your settings and details are fab, and I think you hit on Raph's character very well. It's nice how in the end he realizes that though a lot in his life is shitty, he at least has something that other people miss, the most important thing of all - a family that loves you and sticks with you, no matter what happens. At the same time, I didn't think it was schmaltzy... because schmaltzy and Raph really don't go together...
Lone Warrior2 chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
Wow... that was kind of cool. I have parents that use alchohal too, maybe not just to get drunk, but it really isn't cool when they are. I somehow don't think I can envision Raph being an alchohalic, but it made for an interesting oneshot. Good job.

Lone Warrior2
PhoenixAlone chapter 1 . 10/21/2004
This storys in my favorites I'm not fond of dark storys but this is the best kind of matter how bad things may be there is always someone who has it worse and its best to never forget that.

A prayer for all the soldiers who have ever died

in the insane locked up in themselves and the homeless down on bless those who choose to spit against the wind and may no one wait forever for ships that don't come in.-PhoenixAlone
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
o.o When you said dark, you meant it...demons and angst, is all this fic Good job