Reviews for Harry Potter and the Subtle Knife
The Shadow Gryphon chapter 7 . 1/16/2013
Love this story! Are the Wizards gonna meer their Daemons? If so, I have ideas for their Daemons.
faeriegal713 chapter 7 . 8/30/2009
I realize it's been well over 1 1/2 years since you last updated this, but I hope that since you started in 2004, that long months between updates is somewhat... normal?

I say this because I have the misfortune of only recently becoming involved in the HP fandom, most specifically the fanfic portion of the fandom. This means that I only recently had the opportunity to come across this work of yours.

What can I say besides the fact that I'm hoping that you'll continue to write and post knowing that there's even one more person reading and anticipating more of your fic. Especially since it looks like you've really got a plan and an idea of where you want to take this. So many writers have only half-formed ideas before they start posting, but I don't see a whole lot of evidence for that here. Instead I see characters actions that are planned and mysteries that are ready to be picked apart and solved.

Plus, I really like the idea of Will and Harry working together. Both are interesting characters with an interesting past, and I've always liked the idea of seeing how the HP world would look when put up against others. With it already being a world hidden within a world, it's so much easier to experiment with the idea that it isn't the only world hiding in our own. Or perhaps in this case, wizards are not the only ones with their own stories to tell and mysteries to unfold.

So, saying all that, can I beg you to please continue writing this story? I NEED to know why Dumbledore is acting so weird and intense and scary. Why was Snape introduced as his advisor? What is Lupin doing with all of this? Why was the rest of the Order missing and what are they up to? And why did Molly agree to being dismissed like that? There's so much going on and I haven't narry a clue as to why! And that's just from the last chapter so much as the other six proceeding!

If you are not going to continue this storyline, that's okay too. I may be the teensiest bit disappointed, but I also understand how that happens. I just want to thank you for showing me the earliest glimpse into how HP and His Dark Materials could be melded together.

I hope you have a wonderful day/night/weekend/week or whenever this finds you!

faeriegal/Amber
Copper.Chips chapter 7 . 8/16/2009
What an interesting crossover o_o I was curious, but I didn't know what to expect -and I'm glad I tried it o

I liked your versions of Harry and Will, and I agree that they could make pretty good friends; I hope they'll finally be able to talk together without interferences " I liked the fact that not just any wizard can see Kirjava, and I'm curious about that -what have Harry and Ginny that others don't? Oh, and I hope so much that Harry (and maybe others, but especially him) will discover his daemon! Since he's born in the same world than Will, he must have one, right? Or maybe not, he saw Kirjava without difficulty, so if he had a deamon he would have seen it already... Hem, I stop babbling about that, sorry "

Mmh, what else... Oh, details: I also liked the affection between Harry and Remus, cause their unofficial 'godfather-godson' relation is often forgotten in fanfictions, and that makes me sad, I really like Remus I hope we'll see Mary soon, I like her too, in pretty similar kind of way, I realise XD

So, I really liked your story :D Your chapters are maybe a little short, but your writing is easy to follow (and I appreciate that cause I'm french XD), and I look forward to the next chapters _ Have a nice day :D
ChocoholicWriter chapter 7 . 9/1/2008
One of a kind. Update soon please.
Shulamit chapter 7 . 2/18/2008
Oh, very nice! I have been waiting for probably 3 years for a good Subtle Knife story and yours is very good! Nice plot and not bad grammer skills either. I noticed very little mistakes, good job! Update soon!
Alice4Ever chapter 7 . 2/10/2008
i thought that your story was incredible! i absolutly loved it! i hope that harry gets a deamon or he becomes an animagus! i think that that would be like totally cool! that way he could relate to will more. i think that would be good! i also hope that harry will be paired with ginny and the three of them (harry, ginny, and will) will go on the adventure. i also really hope that Will will be able to go and some how live with Lyara, couse i hated how the author ended the series. but i really really hope that harry will get a deamon or become an animagus. i think that that will be cool, and so then will will trust him and everyone elce more!

so i really hope that you will update soon! please cause i have to know what will happen with everyone! so update soon please please please!1
Ace Ryn Knight chapter 7 . 2/3/2008
Dumbledore's creepy in this part... I like it!
Firehedgehog chapter 7 . 2/2/2008
cool fic
Pied Flycatcher chapter 7 . 2/1/2008
Nice stuff. :) The chapters are very short though - I don't know why you didn't post them as one chapter.
Omoi-ame chapter 7 . 1/31/2008
AWESOME! U R teh 3rd person to ever update out of everyone i have on alert! SO happy! Great ch., keep it up, please ;P
Goat Writer chapter 6 . 1/31/2008
This is amazing. You actually keep the tone very close to that of the original novels, and you have everyone IC. Can't wait for more.
demented-squirrel chapter 4 . 1/25/2008
I bow to you for taking up the admittedly daunting task of doing a Harry Potter/His Dark Materials crossover. I was honestly quite amazed and rather happy and excited when I saw it and I knew I had to read it. I wasn't disappointed, if only for the fact that it was so short! I admire what you're doing, really, but... I kinda want more now. ; Hope you update soon!
Omoi-ame chapter 4 . 1/11/2008
AWESOME! SO SO SO SO SO cOOL! please update soon _ love teh story
ProbablyNoOneYouKnow chapter 4 . 2/12/2007
I have never before seen a good Dark Materials crossover. Nice job.
Pied Flycatcher chapter 4 . 9/22/2006
I was searching for a good HP/HDM crossover, and amazingly enough I found one. This story seems really good so far. The first couple of chapters were probably the best... seems as though you lost some of your enthusiasm later on; the fourth chapter was rather short. I hope to see more - the story is definitely worth continuing.

Oh yeah, just one little thing. You keep switching between Harry and Will's PoV. That can get a little confusing. You might want to consider sticking to one PoV per scene - and it helps if you include scene breaks too.