Reviews for A Single, Golden Thread
Gandalf chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
This was really nice.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
I thought this poem was good to read. I didn't catch any mistakes.

All in all, you did well.
Awen chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
Exellent.

Especially loved those lines:

And I would give you my own sight

If it meant that you could see.

Hope this wont be your last poem.
accountxdeleted chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
Excellent poem! I can't believe you wrote this at 2:00 a.m.! I can't even function then. You should really be proud of this. And I think it perfectly describes Frodo and Sam's friendship. Keep up the great work!
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
This is a good description of their friendship.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
so sweet.. not necessarily my favorite from the perspective of word choice, but its appropriate that Hobbits aren't as flowery and beautiful in words as Elves. I love the last two stanzas, and though on an immediate approach, people would think of Sam, but I can see how both of them would say that, for their friendship was not one-way.

"If the darkness came to claim you,

It would have to pass by me,

And I would give you my own sight

If it meant that you could see."

I love that, for it can be said for any friend/lovers from any of the books, including Silmarillion, but it can also be related to our lives as well. great job! don't underestimate things done at 2 AM. trust me, i've done it before!
Piratica chapter 1 . 1/10/2005
Not bad, not bad... better than some that I've come up with...hehe

Yes, I like the third one, whre it said

"And I would give you my own sight

If it meant that you could see"

that was nice, simple and sweet. Much like Sam.
Super Shayde chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
I love the last four lines. This poem is really pretty and really moving...I can't think of anything else to say! Its really good!

- Super Shayde
Malara chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
That WAS good! I liked it! I couldn't write anything like that (although that probably doesn't mean much to you... :) ) It's so NICE to read a poem about Sam and Frodo that ISN'T SLASH! GR! SLASH SHOULD DIE! I'm a tad bit hyper today... :) Anyway, that was a wonderful poem!

Happy New Year!

Malara :)
MithosYggdrasill0612 chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
hey that was pretty good that was amazing...I could never write a poem like that...mine always come out funny.