Reviews for The Price
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
Oh... Sad!
WhyMustIWrite chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I really enjoyed seeing this scene in Imrahil's pov, and glimpsing his thoughts. Your style and characterization was beautiful.
Fleur du Feu chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
This is a wonderful little story, I love your Imrahil's thoughts.
Aki no Ryu chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I love that last part: "His life was yours, brother, but his death I shall deny you." and "let it be said that he stood fearless at the last, Faramir of the White Tower, this greater son born of lesser sires." Thank you for this drabble!
x19Narya90x chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Brilliant. Your writing style is so beautiful; it's fluid, and formal without being stilted. I especially love your last line - so powerful. Faramir is one of my favourite characters in the book, partly for the reasons you write about in this story; he's fearless, pure and honourable. A greater son born of lesser sires, indeed.
Dale chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
I love the way you turned Theoden's line to Saruman on it's head:

"A lesser son of great sires am I, but I do not need to lick YOUR fingers! Turn elsewhither! But I fear you voice has lost it's charm!"
Deandra chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Very powerful piece. Even though it is prose, it almost has a poetic feel to it. I can well imagine that these *were* Imrahil's thoughts and feelings on this occasion.

Well done!

- Deandra
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
Just heartrending and very well written.I love this glimpse of Imrahil's thoughts,it feels very true.
alena chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
There is such a wonderful, wonderful rhythm to your words, carrying the heart onwards, it seems. It's incredibly moving.
scifiwasabi chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
I always love your stories, because you give so much insight into canon characters.

I love how you write also-descriptive when you need to be, but not overly so. Your writing is also clear and consice. :D
mahari chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
Bah, Losse. I know I don't review as much as I should, but this one compelled me to do so. Hauntingly beautiful.. the last line was exquisite. Well done!
Arahiril chapter 1 . 12/24/2004
Very well-written, and a nice look at Imrahil, a character far too often overlooked. And I like the anger he feels towards Denethor - heck, I'd be mad as a hornet too. Excellent.
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 1 . 12/24/2004
Beautiful story. Imrahil's definitely one of the lesser-appreciated characters, I think, and you described his feelings towards Faramir wonderfully. I especially liked the last line.
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 12/24/2004
"Is it not enough that you put him from your heart, that you must now fling him before the Nazgû l’s feet like some carrion offering, brother mine?"

What a great line! And what a wonderful vignette! I can just feel Imrahil's anger burning like Faramir's fever.

I hope you'll write a longer piece about Faramir...