Reviews for Into the Night
kokoronagomu chapter 2 . 11/6/2013
considering that their ages are similar enough that they could later meet in canon would only make their later meeting and relationship even more profound... especially if they figure it out after they've been together a while. but enough of my speculations... (although this could very well be continued in kenshin's and kaoru's meeting and adventures in canon).

your story was nicely written and moving. the fact that kenshin/battousai was more of a lonely, young prodigy with a sword, fighting for his ideals surrounded by his compatriots who feared and depended on him. who had to emotionally/mentally survive his acts as an assassin. i could see a boy who is likely very uncomfortable with social interaction and making up for it by channeling hiko's abruptness when he saved kaoru.

a very belated WELCOME TO RK FANDOM! \o/
a pleasure,
ginny
kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
ټ
PattyBones chapter 2 . 12/9/2007
I love this. I think you did a really good job. I agree with your tone and your characterization. In my opinion it was perfect. Please post up more of this.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 2 . 12/8/2007
I liked the brief interaction between Battousai and Kaoru. It makes me wonder if either will remember it when they meet up again a decade later.

I also like that you don't actually have Battousai and Koshijiro meet each other. It keeps Battousai as a mysterious figure.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
This promises to be an interesting story. I've never read one about Kaoru's father (whose name is Koshijiro in the manga). I've often wondered about her dad. He fought in the Bakumatsu on the same side as Kenshin. It would have been interesting if Watsuki had had Kenshin and Kaoru's dad meet at least once (as he did in his first Rurouni story).
Switchblade237 chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
Very well written- I like how you characterized Battousai too; not the violent monster as he's portrayed in most fics. You showed the human side of Battousai in the Bakumatsu- well done.
WolfDaughter chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
It is a little choppy in places, but I'm sure you could improve that easily enough. It's a very good attempt, and seeing as you never actually mentioned Kaoru's name during the story, those who don't like her as a random character can pretend she was someone else. :-)
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
Your story was interesting if a tad uneven. You have a fine instinct for drama but you really should have acted on your first impulse and included a prologue explaining why the father couldn't make it to the rendezvous point. Since you didn't, it created a loose end (hence my comment about being uneven). There were also a few minor typographical errors but nothing that couldn't be fixed with the help of a good beta reader. All in all, it was a very good start. It just needs a little re-hashing. Trust your instincts and keep writing.
PattyBones chapter 1 . 12/24/2004
I think you did an admiral job. I do not think it was a bad idea of him saving her at that young of an age. The story just needs some polish. I would actually like to see the seen where her father thanks Kenshin. Hope this helps.