Reviews for Silent Night
E-Dantes chapter 9 . 12/17/2012
Is sad to see how Bruce will always be Bruce, but at least is a Bruce with more emotion. In a way, he was right, nor Nightwing or Batwoman were good enough for getting the Joker, but still wasn't Dick's fault. Katy wasn't good for that job, but is sad Bruce couldn't talk to her. And of course is sad that Dick had the same problem with Barbara. Really, Dick get the worse of all because he looses all the family he has.
Your works have a curious mix of sadness and sweetness in them.
AJRedRobin chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
This was powerful. I liked the fact that Dick Grayson in this as Nightwing (and having been Nightwing on his own)and Batman's partner (though short lived) from a different perspective. I never quite understood about Jason Tod. Tim Drake I liked, because he felt Batman needed Robin. Damian Wayne, I don't understand the dynamic there. I want to read Chilled Next to see if this is resolved.

Whether he is Nightwing or Robin, I think what Dick Grayson brought to the table was a brightness that kept Bruce from delving too deep into his own demons. He needed someone to remind him that life is not all darkness and horror. I didn't see that with Jason Todd, and Tim, though somewhat like Robin, he still wasn't Dick Grayson. And Bruce needs Dick. He needs someone to care for, a son or partner, or friend, who can pull him from the darkness of his soul so he never steps over that line.
Lilybet chapter 9 . 9/28/2011
I love this story. I think you were quite right in re-writing the breakup of Batman and Nightwing. The Joker here is a perfect villan, always more intimidating from the shadows and truly terrifying up close. An excellent reworking of The Killing Joke too, and it shows how much you have made Kathy loveable that I really don't want her to be dead. As ever Batman/Bruce's complex personality has been well written. LB
mb chapter 9 . 2/18/2008
Now I'm sorry I felt the ending of the last story was Disneyesque. Kathy's dead... I did like how you had more of Nightwing in this one, but Kathy... I think this one is my favorite so far, however, maybe I'm just a shallow fanfic reader who likes the drama a little too much, but- I don't know. Hopefully Chilled will be more hopeful (and they'll be more Nightwing). Thanks for writing.
koriaena chapter 9 . 2/6/2005
great AU series! you're right. the whole stream of robins didn't make all that much sense. but maybe batman was trying to make up for the lacks he made with previous robins? or something? anyways, cool stories.
Rider Paladin chapter 9 . 2/4/2005
"Batman had begun his career alone. He would end it the same way. Alone."

A truly sad way to end a story, and even sadder knowing that Batman was as close to happy as someone as obsessed as him could get with Dick and Kathy and now he's all alone again. Worse, he's accepted it. It's very sad when someone is so messed up inside that s/he thinks that they're always going to be alone. Somehow, I think Batman finds that morbidly comforting, because being alone is what he's used to. Whether he admits it or not, and I don't think he's ready to admit it to anyone besides himself, even the Dark Knight needs someone he can confide in. Sure, he has Alfred as a father figure, but he needs friends, too.

Fortunately, I've read the summaries for your subsquent Batman/Nightwing stories on your site and so I know that Batman and Nightwing will reunite and rebuild their relationship. I wonder if you'll use source material from the comics or go in a completely new direction. Either way, you'll most likely make it an interesting read.

(By the way, what do you think of the current Batgirl, Cassandra Cain?)
robster72 chapter 9 . 1/23/2005
A great, rather subdued ending to the story. It certainly makes more sense than "Robin gets shot, this is too dangerous you had better leave". Considering that Batman can hardly walk out of his door without having bits blown out of him or his costume torn in some revealing way just to show his muscles. Anyway very nice show of self doubt and poor Batman is alone again. I look forward to the next story!
Knottaclue chapter 9 . 1/23/2005
I enjoyed your version very much and it was a logical sequence of events with just the right touches of drama. Still-wouldn't Dick have given Bruce at least one chance to apologize before taking off? After he thought the whole confrontation through wouldn't he have realized Bruce was deliberately pushing his buttons to drive him away? Just a thought:) Thanks for a great read! I'll be happily looking forward to reading the next part in the series.
Dagmar Buse chapter 9 . 1/23/2005
Hey! *glares*

What's that supposed to do, make us tune in for the next instalment? As if we wouldn't do that anyway ...

This is just a snippet, a morsel to wet one's appetite for the feast. As such, it's plain mean. *grumbles*

It's also damn good, as usual. *grudgingly*

*chains cmar to her PC* I'm not letting you get away from there until you give us more, more, MORE! *cracks whip*
TheDudeLordOfFantasy chapter 9 . 1/22/2005
that was awesome!

But its over...aw...now i'm sad...

i enjoyed this greatly...you must have another one up soon! Seriously!

Dude this tocked but whats gonna happne next?

is bab's gonna find out?

will batman miss a partner?

I must know so seriously have another story up soon! P{LEASE!

Thanks!

Until next story...BYE BYE!
Knottaclue chapter 8 . 1/20/2005
You are really good at describing moment by moment detail and keeping it intense. The major confrontation seemed like it was over so quickly, but it was satisfying. I was surprised by Nightwing showing up (though it made sense) and was also surprised that he didn't try to kill the Joker himself (even though Batman wouldn't let him). All in all, another great chapter!
robster72 chapter 8 . 1/20/2005
Another superb chapter. I did enjoy the build up tension in the theatre and Batman suspended between his own morals and killing the Joker. Glad to see that Nightwing is helping him out! Just hope they can resolve their differences!

Look forward to the next one!
Dagmar Buse chapter 8 . 1/20/2005
Oh.

Very intense, very good.
TheDudeLordOfFantasy chapter 8 . 1/19/2005
once again i applaud your work.

So NIghtwing came to help? YAY

Is Batma gonna yell at him now?

I must know! I will be waiting for your update!

_
MrQuinn chapter 7 . 1/19/2005
Damn, did Dick really say that about Bruce's parents? Kinda cruel, but I see where hes coming from. So, the legendary Batman and Nightwing have broken up? Boy, you sure know how to shake things up.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »