Reviews for Midwinter Wishes
Unknown Reviewer chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
amazing fanfiction, I actually took the time to type a review
Lauren-Hollie chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Hello,
I don't know whether you still get email alerts when you get comments or whether you even still look at them, but I really just thought I should message you.
I first read this story nearly 10 years ago, when I was an avid reader of your work, and I suppose the release of 'The Hobbit' has made me somewhat nostalgic and I remebered this wonderful author who used to write these lovely stories.
Especially I remebered the one where Glorfindel got to have his happily ever after. After hours scouring trying desperatly to remember your name (i was convinced it was Strange Dragon lol) I found you, and have spent the past couple days re-redaing everything you wrote.
It so strange to think I was only 17 when I first found you, and here 10 years later I find myself as entranced by your writing as ever!
I just thought it would be nice to let you know, that even after all these years your stories stayed with me. Nobody ever wrote Glorfindel quite like you (and he is my favourite character!) or made me feel all warm and fuzzy haha.
I was always so scared to leave you a note saying how much I liked your work, so I apologise. Its a few years late haha, but I hope its made you happy non the less. I left this comment on this story, as it was always my favourite (The Prince & the Shipwright was a serious contender!).
Thank you for putting a smile on my face again, and I hope whatever you do now, your happy!
Lauren-Hollie
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
A great story. Very well written.
blindrain chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
Aw...

Happy endings are the best!

Sometimes they can have you blubbing, yeah, but it's a good thing.

Thanks.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Lovely! :)

Laughing, the elf pushed a handful of golden hair back from his face and bent his head to kiss the child’s forehead.

- and this image is super cute! Not to mention I quite like the idea of all that hair... :)
Levade chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
Dragon, I am SO sorry...I never saw this! Or if I did I never remembered it and never reviewed. :( What a lovely story, and as always I can so see it in my head because you have a gift for using beautiful, descriptive language.

For some this little gathering would have been too small and quiet for a festival such as this, but for the three that mattered it was perfect. They had waited for so long.

So true! Your Glorfindel had waited since leaving Aman, hadn't he? Long indeed, even for an elf.

“If Ammë is not…”

His voice seemed too loud in the silence of the night. It was a wordless fear that they had shared for too long, and the moment the whisper had left his lips he wished that he had not voiced it.

A single tear ran down his cheek and fell silver to the snow where it froze.

*huggles twins* That's a heavy fear to carry so long.

I love that Glorfindel can be at peace and not fight (hang up his sword), and be happy. You know how much I've hoped he'd get that finally! His son is adorable, of course, and just like Ada...how wonderfully frightening! ;) And you brought the twins home. What a perfect Christmas story, even if I do get to it a year late.

I hope your Christmas is warm and wonderful, bright and full of laughter and love.
Silindro chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
aw that was sweet.
Coolio02 chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
Aw, very cute fic. Thanks for sharing with us:-)
Randa-Chan chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
Aw, that was so cute! I'm so happy for Glorfindel and how he has a son and all. What is his name? I'm also happy that the twins have come home to their parents though it is sad that neither Arwen nor Aragorn could follow. Anyways, I just love fluffy stuff at times!

Love Randa-Chan*

P.S. That was a great christmas gift too. _ Thank you!
Vana Tuivana chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
Wonderful, sweet little story. Christmas is just the right time for homecomings, isn't it? I love that old war-time song, "I'll Be Home for Christmas" for just that reason- except that song is sad in a way. This one has the perfect happy ending that you always wish would come to your favorite Elves.

You do the emotions of your characters well. I especially like the Twins (who wouldn't?) and Glorfindel's little boy... so sweet. I love the idea of Glorfy getting home and starting a family after all he's been through. Wonderful story. My own Christmas-homecoming-tale feels so pale and emotionless beside yours.

...and a Happy New Year to you!
random person chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
This was beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes.
Unsung Heroine chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
That - was just TOO cute. Really. And yes, you are very much right - they deserved it.
Maiden of Valinor chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
You always manage to brighten my day! I have been having a most depressing holiday season and this was exactly what I needed. It is perfectly adorable! you really amaze me.
Ellfine chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
Beautiful!

I especially love Glorfindel's interaction with his son and resting with his wife when the twins come to visit him. Now I have to go hunt for more of your works! Well done!
Karri chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
That was delightful. :-D Glorfindel and his elfling are just wonderful! And I am always glad to see the twins choose Valinor. :-)