Reviews for The Fundamental Things
Scazydramaqueen282 chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
*jaw drops to the floor*

Oh my goodness. That was, just, wow.

The whole thing just left me speechless. Heartbroken. Shocked, and I want to feel outraged that she died, either from suicide or the abuse, but I can't. It just fit, in this reality.

What's also fitting is that while reading this, I was listening to 'Satisfied' by Ashley Monroe, and this line stuck out at me:

All the secrets and lies we keep deep inside; does it have to be wrong to make it feel right

And I don't know why, it just feels like it fits here.

Fantastic story. You have quite the talent here, and I hope you know that. Amazing, wonderful, superb, perfect job.

-Mariah :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
selina chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
*bawling* Oh this whole thing was just a beautiful tragedy that had to end the way that it did. It's tragically touching and kind of breaks your heart while at the same time filling it with some kind of strange joy and understanding."Right now, her hair is in his hands, his heart is in her mouth and completion is the only thing that resonates in both their thoughts."
Jewls13 chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
Oh god. There's depressing and then there's this. Really good though. Really sad, but so beautiful too.
Gilmore chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
This was so sad! The ending..omg! I really didn't think it would end this way. Beautiful written though. Keep up the good writing!
GQSecondAct chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
so glad i didn't read this on christmas...i would have cried my eyes out and felt depressed all morning.

this was strangely beautiful. so sad. heart-twisting, if that's even a word. The very last part...wrapped up the story in an oddly perfect way. so many loose ends, but somehow that seemed in character for the story. emotions put into dangerously simple words but still packed so much of a punch...your writing in this is incredible.

and it makes me shudder to think how she actually died - suicide, her husband, etc.

ah. just sad and scary and ah.

beautiful job.

-molly-
GQSecondAct chapter 1 . 12/26/2004

ah. just sad and scary and ah.

beautiful job.

-molly-
noddingheadgirl chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
omg! she died? killed herself? or did he kill her? i cant decide! I cant believe u ended it like that. wow. it was good tho. i just wish u didnt kill her, u could have cont it.
smile1 chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
Hey,

This story was absolutely beautiful, amazing, extraordinary and everything beyond. So sad and amazingly written. I loved it, excellent portrayel of emotions and characters.

Bye, smile :-)
enigmaticdarling too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
Oh wow. Really heartbreaking, but your writing was just... extraordinary. Your ending was so perfect for this story. Those short sentences all pulled together... wow. Amazing.
miloaddict chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
OMG This left me totally speachless...the end is so heartbreaking...you really did an amazing job with this!
lorecol chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
It was beautiful, it was amazing and so incredibly sad. I'm so sad...

Perfect one parter. *cries*
Leslie Anne Levine chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
Wow. This was beautiful. And so sad. Wow. Thats all i can think of right now...
SamanthaSamiJoe chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
Oh, my god. Oh, my...I thought it was going to be a happy story! I...

Oh, my god.

It was so wonderfully written, and everyone was in character, I loved Jess' daughter (who I assume you added so that Jess would have a reason to stay?). Cute name. I liked how you introduced the red, it being her favorite color. And how, even though all he could see was a flash of a red jacket, he could tell it was her. How it was just...-something- that told him. I like how you show how weak Rory is, even before you tell us about the scars. The self-consciousness, the frightened manner. And I didn't notice while I was reading it, but Jess didn't really do a lot to help her. I suppose he didn't have much choice, the other man had more money, and he could ruin Jess, destroy his life. And now Jess has a little girl to think of. But even at the end, when she comes, when she wants to run away, he doesn't really help. It's more like he wants her to help herself. It just seems weird for him. And the end...oh, god, the end.

It was great.
Meg chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
Holy Sh*t! ('scuse my French. *giggle*) I think this fic is...so, so, so amazing. I just...first off, Ilsa is adorable and Jess is adorable with her. The way he kissed Rory's wrist and cheek. *sigh* You made it so...mind blowing. I think you did an oustanding job. *nods* AMAZING. I loved it. )
Michelle chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
Wow.

That is all.

(oh, and yeah, this is a good reveiw)