Reviews for Sympathy for the Devil
anonymous chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Awesome! Not enough count fosco fic!
Jaded Lacuna chapter 1 . 10/20/2007

oh my gosh that was an amazing fan fic... it had to be one of the best that i have EVER read! up date soon PLEASE! see, i read brimstone by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, some months ago and i read in the back that the character in the book (count Fosco) wasn't theirs technically and was based off of the count Fosco in the woman in white so i read the book. he is like my favorite character and i saw your fan fic and i read his name and clicked and read through this page and i have absolutely fallen in love with the fic. not just because Fosco was in it and he is really cool and all but because you are a REALLY GOOD WRITER :). so yes anyways please continue I'm just dieing to read the next chapter!

jade lacuna

p.s. CONTINUE! thanks
laal ratty chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
I loved this, it fits in very well with the book and the musical though more obviously the musical. Very good.
Assimbya chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
This was amazing. The quality of writing was exceptional, and the characterization was perfect. The story itself gave me chills, which is a good thing. Marvelous.
Lady Bedivere chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
Beautifully written, and exquisitely true to the characters.
Fedora Hat Wench chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
The perfect capture of the two most amazing characters in Woman in White. Beautiful, flowing rythem,rich in detail...Honey, you made a masterpiece. I'm truly impressed how well you kept to the characters nature... and how, in just a couple of words could conjure up some of the most outstanding mental images. I have to tell you, this passage right here made me gasp out loud :

All for Laura.

She tipped it upwards, towards her lips.

All for Luara.

And drank deeply.

All for Laura.

You captured Marian's amazing love and bravery so well, and with just a few words, that I was close to tears.*awe- struck* Can I have your autograph? And your Fosco! O my Lord! Perfect combonation of charm, suductivness, and black I loved it how he lost his balence fell onto Marian. It's a wonder that she survived...great comic moment. And just the right amount of Italian. Thanks so much for putting the translations at the end. I could go on forever, but I don't want to sound as though I'm sucking up to you. Great job and I take my hat off to you.
Tara1189 chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Oh this was wonderful, a truly brilliant peice of fanfiction. And very brave of you to write it. The Woman in White is such a complete story in itself that it's not easy to write about, but you've done it superbly.

I have never seen the musical (it's on my 'to do' list) but you have the characters perfectly portrayed from the book. Particularly Fosco, who is deliciously evil in this. Actually this was written so well, that it took me a while to realise that it wasn't written in first person like the book. Bravo. (Is a sequel too much to ask for...?)
Lucafont90 chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
Wonderful! You captured the essence of Mariain and Fosco. Lovely. One of the best FF I have ever read. Keep up the good work.
IsabellaImogen chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Brava, my dear. That was entrancing. You captured both the characters so very well. I haven't had a chance to see the musical, or even hear the music, but I'm reading the book and saw most of the movie on TV the other day. Which made it odd because I kept picturing Tara Fitzgerald and Simon Callow as Marian and Count Fosco throughout the whole thing, although, as you said, it was based on MC's performance of the role. I found it interesting that Simon Callow is currently (as of August 2005, at least,) playing the role of the Count in London.
liltrick89 chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
I positively love it. The first time I heard the soundtrack to Woman in White (alas! I'm in the USA and can't see the play at the moment... so I rely on a soundtrack given to me by a friend who was vacationing in London), I immediately knew I wanted to read more of Count Fosco and Marian. And you have quenced my thirst for a description of their appearences and for a little romance between the two (even if it is just one sided). Perhaps you will be doing another fabulous one shot centered around "The Seduction" song?

Anyway, great fic... I've already printed it out so I can read it offline (an honor, I assure you, that few fics receive). And in case I haven't said it already... it's really really good!
Rose Walker chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
Hoorah! I knew it had to happen eventually (a Woman in White fic, that is). The combination of Micheal Crawford, Fosco, and Marian was bound to spark some kind of response, although I must admit that I wasn't brave enough to do it...anyway, you've done an amazing job with it. And its a great blend of the book and the musical (I know Lloyd Webber mucks around with the plots, but I can't help liking some of his changes better than the original...). Brilliant - is there going to be more or was that a one-shot?
Countess chapter 1 . 1/11/2005
This story is fantastic! I LOVE your writing stlye! Keep it up!
Les Otho chapter 1 . 1/10/2005
This is absolutely sensational: one of the finest pieces of fan fiction I have ever read. I am not surprised there is so little WiW fanfic out there, as the sheer weight and power of the book scares many (including devoted fans like myself) away from trying to emulate. You take it head-on, and triumph resplendently. I could not agree more with your view of the musical (except in fact, I didn't think Crawford was that good, so different was his Fosco to the one I loved to hate) and you have chosen well in reverting to the old bastard Count. Moreover, reading your story reminds me of everything I experienced during my reading of the original: fear, anxiety, hope, wicked glee, and above all a terrible dread. As I say, this is quite beautiful. Well done.
Muskateer chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
Very, very cool fanfic. I loved it ;)
Gollum's Fish chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
Hm... An interesting interpretation, my friend. You should be careful: writings such as this might serve to give me ideas which may prove ... shall we say, dangerous to your health? To act upon this idea you have planted in my head or not... Oh, what to do, what to do...

Hee hee, couldn't resist, m'dear. Now for the proper review: your story has that edge to it so many Drama/Angst tales lack - you made me shudder with revolsion, which is rather hard to do.

Your writing style has improved vastly, and this one-shot in third person was very well done, in my view - especially as you prefer to write in first.

By the way, Jessica has developed a slight obsession with the song The Woman in White. She sings it all the time, and whenever we're in the car, all she says is: "Put track [WiW] 12 on!" And she sings it. All. The. Time. When she's not singing 'Joseph, that is...

Ah well, namarie, mellon nin - or should that just be mellon in English?

Gollum's Fish