Reviews for Fire hold thy flame
Escape my reality chapter 3 . 6/2/2009
well so far this has been great so please finish writitng it. or at least tell everyone its done.
milou8 chapter 3 . 9/10/2007
Good! Nice change of the original. I suppose many people will not like the fact that you didn't let everything happen as it's supposed to be but I don't see them in this story without Boromir. I hope you'll send the wizards in Middle-Earth soon! Keep going it's really good!
Medilia chapter 3 . 4/1/2006
plz keep goin with this story it rox
Sexy-Poptart chapter 3 . 3/7/2006
Hey, I loved Snows of Time. This one's going good as well. I have a question. Is this one going to be a HP/LOTR also? Just wondering because in Snows of Time, the people showed up in the first chapter, where as in this one it's been three and it's been just them. Anyways, like I said. It's a good story, keep it up.

Muah

Magda
maliaphire chapter 3 . 10/30/2005
kl stories ( i red the last one aswell ) great idea, so boromir won't die? please don't kill him! i hate people dying, when will the hp people arrive? just wondering please update!
Mad Hattress Skylar chapter 3 . 10/15/2005
This fic is great. I LOVED THE FIRST ONE! And now I can't wait to be reading new chapters(hopefully soon) PAMS! (please add more soon)

Fiona McK
Inwe Nolatari chapter 3 . 9/26/2005
Well...this will turn out to be a very interisting story...very interesting indeed! Well I read your first story, and I really like it, so please keep up the good work on this one and hope to read more from you soon!

Laters,

Inwe
Erutis of Cephiro chapter 3 . 7/12/2005
more harry potter. i thought this was an x-over
BrownieMelody chapter 3 . 6/24/2005
Exams are evil! I agree...can't wait to see what happens though-BOROMIR DIDN'T DIE? Wow, I REALLY can't wait to see where you take this! I love it! Fend off evil exams and update soon!

Brownie
Claws2 chapter 2 . 6/2/2005
Please update soon, as this is a good story. Also, I have something to say to a certain Umbridge-esque fan of the HP and LotR:

You should never use the movies instead of the true canon to correlate data and point out mistakes, esp. in a manner that will impress upon others the image that you are "stuck on yourself," for lack of a better phrase. One possible reason the author had Haldril say what he did could have been she was trying to make him seem realistic to those who may not have read the books. I agree that, for the most part the gifts were given nearly at the same time, however, at least one of the gifts was given during the meeting with Galadriel, therefore, you are slightly mistaken as well. I'm not sure I agree with you about Boromir not wearing body armor, though it has been awhile since I read the books myself. As for Aragorn not noticing, even the best healer can make a mistake, wherever they are, and whoever they are with.

Finally, there is no reason to insult the author about grammar or creative control, and if one were to rip all lines from movies or books completely the same, we would have the exact same story, and there would be no fanfiction. If you wish to do something constructive about the grammar, offer to beta the story, and after you make corrections, return two copies of the story as images or some similar media so the author can assimilate those corrections he or she wishes into the story, possibly add more to it, and send it back again, until deciding it is ready to be uploaded. Even professional authors often make mistakes of spelling, grammar, and punctuation, so what makes you think a fanfiction author with less experience would be any better? On a more personal note, are you reading the actual canon, or the remakes of the books that are based more on the movies?
Vaneria Potter chapter 3 . 5/29/2005
Gimli would never say 'Ack' and Boromir wasn't wearing body armour at any point during the books or the Fellowship of the Ring movie.

We get a short scene of Boromir in half plate-armor during the extended version of The Two Towers, but that is the only time.

For heaven's sake Pay Attention, child!

Also, Aragorn is a trained healer. He would have noticed that Boromir was having trouble with his ribs and paused to tend to him.

As this chapter is already done, could you please at least make a note of it in future chapters?
Vaneria Potter chapter 2 . 5/29/2005
SPELLING! CAPITALISATION! PLEASE!

The gifts and elven garments were given at the same time, not several hours apart.

Celeborn was the one to suggest taking the boats to the falls of Rauros and Galadriel did not say that one of them would fall in the books OR the movies.

If you plan to rip off the dialogue then at least take the time to do it right!
Vaneria Potter chapter 1 . 5/29/2005
Legolas oh so conviniently has a secret compartment.

Right.

Tell me, are you even trying to make sense here?

Haldir and his patrol are border guards in dark times. If someone with the gift of foresight who bears one of the Three Elven rings (Galadriel, in this case) tells them that there is a group of travellers somewhere then you conduct a thorough and proper search! Above all, You Do Not Say That Your Ruler Was Imagining Things!

Not unless you have a death wish, anyway.

If you think something is following you then you immediatly alert your commander, you don't just hope that it will go away!

Did it never occur to any of the elves to wonder what such a diverse group of creatures were doing in the same place at the same time? And why did Haldir not have a look-out to watch for intruders before they came into the Golden Wood in the first place?

Hoping for improvement,

Nathalia
Rikki Felidae chapter 3 . 5/7/2005
Read your first one & really liked it. Hope this one is just as good!
Claws2 chapter 3 . 4/25/2005
Good story, I must say. Am I correct in my deduction that Harry, Ron, Hermione, Sirius, Lupin, and Tonks will be arriving during or near to the Battle of Helm's Deep?