Reviews for I'll Be Home
tallsunshine12 chapter 1 . 7/1/2022
Awwww! Too sad! I love that song and you've done it a great service by reflecting it in your story. Good job!
L chapter 1 . 5/25/2022
Great story.
Here’s a suggestion for a story. You could write one where he actually gets to go home and it not and dream.
hogan macgyver chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Ah man! for a while there I though he was finally home. That song is beautiful but it makes me so sad. Good job! I could see this in my head.
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
This is certainly bittersweet. You can feel Hogan's happiness at finally being home from war, as well as his sadness at still being at Stalag 13. Hopefully, there is an unwritten portion where his men help him to have the best Christmas possible.
ColHogan chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
I came across this by accident. Don't know how I missed it. Beautiful story. I actually thought Hogan had made it home from the war in time for Christmas and I could feels his heartache when he realized he was still at Stalag 13. Hopefully, he will make it home the following year.
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Wow, I accidently stumbled across this while checking the older pages. this was so wonderful, it brought tears to my eyes.
zoey traner chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Poignant and beautifully done, this story brought tears to my eyes. Welcome to the HH fandom!
ML Miller Breedlove chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
Just catching up on some of these great stories. I really enjoyed this one. But darn it, I thought he finally made it home! Oh, well like Hogan said, next year!...maybe.
Sorkin's Gal Friday chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
Aw, this was such a great story. I really liked it.
nom-de-plume13 chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
'If only in my dreams'. How sad, and how true. A very nice story, and I look forward to seeing more from you. Welcome aboard!
Nina Stephens chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
What a powerfully poignant story! Thanks for adding it to our growing HH collection. I hope we'll see more from you in this fandom!
AGroovie1 chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
Excellent! We've all had dreams that seem so real after you wake up - and you could feel the disappointment to wake up back in camp instead of at home.
L J Groundwater chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
Gorgeous. Thanks for writing that, we see precious little of your work! It had to be a dream...this reminds me of a Christmas piece I wrote called "The Gift"-they always feel it, being away from home, don't they? Very well written and nicely timed. Thank you.