Reviews for On Christmas Day in the Morning
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
Ah I love it! (Cept it should've been Maglor because Lothlorien was abandoned by the time Arwen died, meaning that its Lord, Celeborn, would have left, which he would've done only if he were sailing.)
ElanorRose chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
I found this ages ago, but in my business have neglected to review.

This is simply spectacular. Every time I need to breathe, I reread it, because it's so painfully real and hopeful.

Amazing job.
Wayfarer chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
From a cat lover to another, PUR!

Vana, this is a very nice plotline you got here, so fitting for the festive season too. We likes, yes we does... only this would not be the us you know if there's no nitpick... so here's two, to make up for this late late review! ;-P

- Perhaps it's just me old bones, but I would have loved it even more if the sense of time and distance was made more distinct of his existence... because it seems safe to say that EONS has passed since that whole business with meeting Thranduil in Eryn Lasgalen, isn't it? The mood would be that much more poignant and "ambientic" (if there can be such a word) if the time passage was articulated more.

- Going with the ambience line, if a bit of narrative/exposition could be made about his walk to the harbour, it would really add to the thematic feel of this piece, because it is a rather special place he is gonig, for perhaps the most important voyage of his life and this age. A bit of faerie!tale, maybe, to elevate this succinct and purposeful little piece to the heights it ought to be nesting on, that would be sheer catnip on the scratchpost.

Overall, very nice effort!

~W
Otto's Goat chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
Did you know that our stories (this one, and my 'Rose Button') mirror each other slightly at the ending? But I like your ending more: it is fitting (!)

Well, this little piece has put me into an altogether corny, Christmas-y mood. 'Tis sweet, even though I don't usually bother reviewing present-day based fics. It was something I could read and relax to. Thank you, and cheers!
Quinga chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
*applauds*

Yay!
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
Aw! I liked this - the idea of people coming home at Christmas (I scribbled one too, but with the twins). I like Celebrian and Galadriel too.
Unsung Heroine chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
Oh, that was nice, incredibly nice. It fits nicely into this time of the year. And he does have a cat! I love cats.
Eruannath chapter 1 . 12/26/2004