Reviews for The Island
Thunder.Blade132 chapter 13 . 5/27/2014
No! You can't do this to me! (I have yet to check, so maybe you are as kind as I wish you to be) You can't just end it there! I have yet to see a sequel in your archive of stories... but maybe, just maybe I missed it the first time round. Please tell me that it's there? Please? I love this little fic, and there's so much potential for more. Normally, I'd be fine with it ending there, except you IMPLIED! That's the worst, when authors do that. You can't just imply something and then just leave it like that! You have to bring back Saruman and the Shire, and Isengard! And... and Merry! Seriously, I may have been a bit disappointed with Merry in the beginning, but no more! It's good... but it could be better if there's more. I'm going to go look for the sequel, and hope that it's there. I would add a 'for your sake' or a 'or else' but really, I can't think of a threat to threaten you with. You'll get off lucky this time, even if I can't find it.
Thunder.Blade132 chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
Beautiful... Just beautiful. I loved that choice. It's obvious once you explain it like that. I feel like I'm missing out on something things because when you answer reviews you make reference to LOST, and I have no knowledge of that, but even besides that, this is still an amazing story. Now, I just have to tell myself to trust you in saying that no knowledge is required of the show. (And so far, that is true.)
Thunder.Blade132 chapter 9 . 5/27/2014
Wow. They actually made it all back to camp alright. i guess I should expect that. I mean, they can't be in danger ALL the time, otherwise it wouldn't be quite as good. It needs some relief, so time for the reader (and the characters) to breathe.
Thunder.Blade132 chapter 8 . 5/27/2014
Hmmm... I have a bad feeling. What, with Legolas running off ahead, Merry trying to follow, and Aragorn and Pippin left behind, those four are now splitting up... Now, the rest of the party needs to be separated and then we've got trouble.
Thunder.Blade132 chapter 7 . 5/27/2014
Aw, I love the gruffness of Gimli and him trying to act all tough. Of course you would lose to Merry, how could you think other wise, Master Dwarf? I can almost hear Merry and Pippin's snickering after the first game.
Thunder.Blade132 chapter 5 . 5/27/2014
Haha! I loved the hesitation when Legolas and Gimli decided to bridge the gap between their races. And... I've now decided that wether it be Pippin or Merry who looks into the Palantir, it's still awesome. Good job. You now have me converted to Merry's side. (At least for this fic. Wonder how the movies would have gone if it were Merry like in this one. Hmmm...)
I also really liked how clueless Boromir to what was going on with the Palantir and Merry. I hate it when that happens. Your listening to a conversation, but nothing seems to be making much sense when you know it should be.
Thunder.Blade132 chapter 4 . 5/27/2014
Wow. You know, with all this talk of the One Ring, and everyone focusing on Frodo disappearing right in front of their eyes, the last thing I thought they would exclaim is "Where's Merry?" I mean, seriously. Good show.
Thunder.Blade132 chapter 3 . 5/27/2014
This is getting good. I actually thought you wouldn't have it be the "One Ring" but rather, just a magic ring, but I definitely like this better. I also enjoyed your little twist to Merry seeing the Palatiar (Palatier? Palathaire? I cannot seem to remember what it's called... that black orb thing. I'm only assume that's what it was.) instead of Pippin. Although.. sigh, I like the thought of Pippin with it better. It's only a thought though. I'll have to continue reading to see if I like it this way. Who knows what you'll do with it. I do approve of the choice though, and it makes me very excited to read on.

I have to say, I loved the imagery that came up with Pippin's question to Aragorn. "Are you smuggling weapons?" The way I saw it, I could see his cute little smirk and eager expression for an adventure shining right there. Ha! It's great.
Thunder.Blade132 chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
Man, this looks promising. I have to say, I loved how you portrayed Boromir with Aragorn and Pippin. I think that was my favorite part. I'm very excited to see where this goes, since I have no knowledge of Lost except the basic 'People get stuck on an island and have to survive' premise.

I also like how you've kept the whole world the same... but it's still AU. And Frodo has the Ring still? Hmmm. Sounds like trouble is coming up for our heroes.
NinjaHobbit242 chapter 8 . 3/26/2014
Yep! They DARED to kill Charlie! It made me really mad...I've stopped watching the show after Charlie was pretty much forgotten...Claire and Hurley's reactions made me cry hysterically, though! I was in too much shock to cry as Charlie died!:(
NinjaHobbit242 chapter 5 . 3/25/2014
Good! Great! I wish I had stumbled upon this sooner!:)
NinjaHobbit242 chapter 2 . 3/25/2014
Dude, I love Lost. And I love Lord of the Rings. I love how you've managed to take Dominic Monaghan in his two completely different roles and kind of mashed them together...it's awesome!:) PS, I LOVE CHARLIE PACE3 lol
RowenRae chapter 13 . 2/13/2014
I must admit, when I first started reading this story I wasn't so sure about it, but it definitely grew on me. I've read through almost all of your stories and I absolutely adore them all. It would be impossible to chose a favorite. Perhaps one of your Quarantined stories, but I really can't decide. I'll be coming back to read them again, that's for sure.
LinaAl chapter 13 . 8/4/2013
Wow. If the original "Lost" was like this, I would pretty much like it.
Nikikeya chapter 13 . 8/15/2011
This is just begging for a sequel... The fellowship off to Mordor, with Merry with his GPS and Gimli and Legolas texting each other. Gollum stealing Pippin's iPod. XDDD And the Fellowship catching a taxi to Lorien. xDDDDDD

O_O Orc Motorcycle Gangs. xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

And Sam's day planner:

1. Get Mr. Frodo's clothes set out

to breakfast.

3. Make sure Mr. Pippin stays away from Bill (Who in this story is a beat up Van they're driving. XDDD)

4. Make sure Mr. Frodo eats well and then refill the water skins. Etc.

I dunno, there's so much that could be done there, little bits of technology snuck in for amusement. XDDD