Reviews for A Daughter of The Mark
EruntaleofRohan chapter 4 . 11/20/2005
do you have plans to finish this story? I hope you do :) I liked Ellevain, her story is very interesting because she's trying to fit in a place she never expected to be...
Chipcm chapter 4 . 1/24/2005
EllevainWonderful story! Your ideas about 'unwritten'part os Rohan's history are very interesting but still stay close to 'cannon'. I like the names you have given the people Professor Tolkien mentioned but did not name. How inconvenient of him but then writers wouldn't have to do so much research to find good names for those intriguing characters.

It is obvious that you have read the LOTR Appendixes and Unfinished Tales. Have you read the Appendix of Part Three, Chapter 1-The Disaster of the Gladden Field in the Unfinished Tales? I wonder what your delightful Ellevain would thing about that bit of family history?

Have your read Volume XII of The History of Middle Earth-The Peoples of Middle Earth? There are many interesting tidbits about Rohan's royal family as well as the House of Dol Amroth and the Stewards of Gondor.

I am truly enjoying your story but there is one bit of cannon I have to correct you on. Eofer is Brego, Eorl's (only?) son, third son. That makes Eofer Eorl's grandson not son. It always fascinates me that Eomer is a direct male descendent of Eorl; something that Theoden and Theodred were not. This plus being the 'last', as Tolkien put it, of the House of Eorl (Eowyn too, I know) must have made Eomer's claim to the throne more secure than just being the king's sister-son.

This makes Eomer an interesting parallel to Aragorn as Elendil's last remaining direct male descendent.

Drat off track again. I meant to point out that with Tolkien calling Eomer and Eowyn the last of the House of Eorl it is disturbing and sad to think about what happened to all the relatives that you are writing about so well and their decedents. The House of Eorl seemed to have made a steep decline in the last two generations before the War of the Ring. I wonder if Sauroman 'targeted' the extended family in the same way he did Theoden indirectly and Theodred directly-having Theodred specifically targeted for death I mean.

I'd better end here. Just want to say thank you again for the story.
fairjennet chapter 3 . 1/13/2005
Thank you.

Stories like this are the reason I read fanfiction. I can't wait to read more!
Ithil-valon chapter 3 . 1/5/2005
Very interesting story! Your characters and descriptions are so good that I can't tell who is canon and who is not!
korrd chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
Good fic. Will you bring Aragorn in under his alias of course? Will Thengel's wife recognize Ara gorn for who he truly is? Update soon and please work on a SW fic.