Reviews for Tainted Roses
Mary Lillian Johnson chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Just loved it! excellent! Nomistakes found. keep this goin!

MLJ
Fleaball chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
sadness! poor rawl! T_T [yeah, that's what i call him cuz thats how they say his name in the movie. stupid people.]

he was kind of a jerk, actually. but he's so sad and pathetic in the lair when he's tied to the gate and such. sadness. christine really shouldve ended up with the phantom. poor guy, he's so unloved. ari told me he dies of a broken heart in the book. *tear*

i named him scruffy. i dont think i told you that xD

luffly written ficlet kata-chan, my love. i like the last two lines best.
The Fellow Marauder chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
...I thought the characters belonged to Andrew Lloyd Webber. But it wouldn't be the first time I would have been wrong.

GOKU: Hee! And it won't be the last, baldy!

SANZO: Shuddup, monkey brat! :thwarts her minion: Go back to French where ya belong!

GOKU: Baka!

Hee-hee. Sorry 'bout that.

I like it. And, you're right: It would ruin the story by giving away the pairings. LING LIVE ERIC! DO NOT LET HIM DIE! HE IS THE BEST DAMN PHANTOM EVER!

Good job, Katie-chan! :hugs: You still sugoi. Though... I have to add this (damn my need to be knowledgable!) I know this is movie-related, but the REAL Opera Ghost (Eric) is more than twice Christine's age. With that said, :shudder:

Love always,

Hitomi
Regina Rex chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
Keep walking, Raoul! Ha ha ha! Great fic!
5asha chapter 1 . 3/30/2005
I loved Phantom of the Opera. Good movie...good story too. Yes, yes cheers to you! very short though...um I'll get over it. Well, tootles!
Dies Irae chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
"moviefiction" is not accepted well in a books category genre. True, you may get some lovely little no-nothing reviews by some nitwits who honestly think you can even BEGIN to get an indication of how Erik's mind and personality works for just watching to mediocre movie, but, as previously said, these people are nitwits. The movie not only jacks up the entire chronological order of the sequence of events, but Gerard Butler's singing was, at times, excruciating to listen to. Would you write Harry Potter fanfiction by going off of the movies? No! Of course not! The same goes for any book that was made into a movie: Lord of the Rings, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Wuthering Heights, etc. In this case, Andrew Lloyd Webber has made a spectacular play out of this book. However, the movie is NOT the same as the play. Phics based of the musical are acceptable, but off of the movie alone? Has society honestly come to this point, where reading books and seeing intuitive plays, or experiencing any story that isn't formed into a little 2 hour summary in the form of film is beyond human comprehension? Open your mind to other possibilities, PEOPLE (do you even deserve such an endearing term?)!
One Lady K chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
Thouroughly enjoyable... And a sequel would be nice... I was very happy at the end when she was with the Phantom... YAY!
neo-lover72 chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
loved it! please continue!
SAPPHIRE chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
I liked your story.
BloodyMarie chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
Please keep Erik and Christine together, please. They are so meant for each other. And pllease make Raoul shove his head down a toilet (lol) no offense to Raoul lovers.
Miranda chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
Very clever! You had me fooled! Great writing. :)
Iris-Ninja17 chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
hehe. i knew it. really nice fic. i loved it. at least the phantom gets her.
The Scorpion chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
hahahaha That was cute! Very amusing! Though I don't see how it was related to the movie at all...was no different from any phic before the movie came out. That is not to say the movie didn't inspire you to write it, but I'm glad to see the movie hasn't changed the way phans continue to view the original story ;) Except maybe the fact that you had Erik's hands be warm instead of cold? Whatever :) Cute phiclet!
Kates chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
*chuckles sinisterly, petting Movie!Raoul on the head as he pouts*

Oh my...luvin' it. So glad to see that, yet again, I am not the only one who believes in E/C-riddled happily-ever-afters. Kudos on a very nice phic! I like the dialogue and descriptive narrative: you say just enough to entrance the reader and entirely capture one's attention, without overloading the tale with too much. Doing so in a one-shot is difficult-I have yet to really master that talent.

Anyways, all that to say-terrific movie-based phic. Long live the Gerry and Emmy-inspired pairing!

Bravo, cheers, etc., etc., et al. {-
runtus maximus chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
I like it, but the poor fop...

"'I thought you liked roses…?'

I beheld him in disgust. 'Not from you.'"

:( That makes me feel so awful for him.