Reviews for The Rohan Pride Chronicles, Part I: Alone
Anatone chapter 12 . 1/4/2009
"Dread playfully stabbed Gúthwyn, leaping around her with delicate ease and diving back to produce more anxiety." that sentence is pure genius.
Anatone chapter 11 . 1/4/2009
aww, it's so sad that she thinks her siblings are dead.

i didn't notice anymistakes, but i was wondering something. could you give me the link to the name translator you used? i'm having trouble creating authentic sounding names for one of my fics.

please and thanks, Coliathe
Anatone chapter 10 . 1/3/2009
very good. in my opinion, these chapters are dragging a little, but it's still good. i noticed that you used the wrong form of your/you're a few times
Anatone chapter 9 . 1/3/2009
very very interesting. so did Grima uh rape Chalibeth then?

don't tell me! i'll find out on my own. haha
Anatone chapter 8 . 1/3/2009
so i'm a little confused about something. Mûlnothrim is just one group of people who work at Isengard, right? sorry, but i'm very slow right now
Anatone chapter 5 . 1/3/2009
wow, that was unexpected. i thought he was taking her to Mordor, since it says she was a slave of Sauron. oh well. thanks for the surprise! )
Anatone chapter 4 . 1/3/2009
very interesting chapter. the part where he dragged her like a cow was...interesting.

haha, i love your writing style. it really fits the storyline
Anatone chapter 3 . 1/3/2009
i like the dream sequence. it really gives you a look into what matters most in Guthwyn's life.

i didn't notice any mistakes, so good job. :)
Anatone chapter 2 . 1/2/2009
wonderful.I did think the part where Eowyn and then Eomer and the Guthwyn were shot was rather cheesily done, but as there's not enough cheese in life, i'm fine with it,

Mistakes I found:

- when you write this: sheathe, it shouldn't have an e at the end. i could be wrong, but that's the way i've always seen it done
Anatone chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Very interesting idea. I like the bond Theodred had with Guthwyn;it's very touching. The chasing scene was hilarious, especially when the guards timed them. I love how you add normality to Tolkien's rather dry world.

Mistakes I found:

- you wrote "Your welcome" once
CrayonMentality chapter 71 . 5/30/2008
What a fabulous story, I'm so pleased it turned out well and I took the time to read it. Fantastic.
CrayonMentality chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Oh. Wow. That's all I can say. I'm so, so, so glad that I decided to read this. It's amazing, breathtaking and wholly engaging. Thanks so much for writing.

"Éomer would come to her rescue just in the nick of time, darting past the demon and picking her up before the creature knew what was happening."

That was the cutest thing ever, it really made me laugh.

So even if I completely despise the rest of the story by some strange phenomona it will be worth it merely for the prologue. Which is completely awesome.

Eek, I can't wait to read the rest. Damn exams taking up my time.
Olivia chapter 71 . 2/15/2008
This is an absolutely amazing story! It was such a journey from the prologue to the last chapter. It was long, true, but you spent enough time developing the plot and the characters without going into a lot of minute detail as in Tolkien's Fellowship of the Ring, and I felt like when Guthwyn remembered her childhood and years in Isengard it seemed like a distant memory for me as well as her.

It was slow at some parts, but it didn't stop me from continuing to read, especially as you had some great cliffhangers at the end of chapters! The climax was really exciting too. I have been staying up late at night when I should be sleeping because I wanted to keep reading this beautiful story!

I loved how much personality you put into your characters. I fell in love with them and was very emotional when some of them met sad fates.

Finally, I love Guthwyn. She is such a strong and inspiring character, and it is amazing what she has been through and survived. That might sound kind of cheesy, but I really do find strength in the terrible circumstances that Guthwyn has survived.

Also (sorry!), I did notice a few typographical errors, but they were few and far between and did not detract from the superior quality of the writing. I didn't notice any grammatical mistakes at all, as I recall.

So excited to read the next installment,

Shawny.a chapter 71 . 12/13/2007
i just read this story. i must say that it is DEFINATLY the BEST story i've EVER read. no joke. it's amazing. truely and completely amazing. it seriously couldnt be better. I LOVE IT! i can't wait to start reading part two!
Dissolved Starr chapter 71 . 6/26/2007
Wow! This was totally amazing, i just couldn't stop reading. Your characers are just so rich and alive i felt for sure i was actually there admist them. Im off to read part two now!
205 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »