Reviews for The Brightest Stars
omegarulesall chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
amazing, a great story. keep up the magnificent work.
Rastaban Bright chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
You've put a lot of thought into this story and it was well written and well planned out.

Even though it was short you managed to capture my imagination and I could understand what you had Thomas feeling.

I really enjoyed reading this, you did an excellent job.

~Ark
Acey Dearest chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
And here I'd just complained in my bio about no good fics these days...

This was really good, intriguing. Thomas' point of view was done well- it sounded almost exactly like him. At first when I began reading I thought, "Oh, dang it, I bet this story is going to go too fast..." but it turned out not to- the pacing was perfect for the story and plot.

The two parts I liked best were the funeral scene at the beginning where Thomas admits his jealousy of Van and how he still loved Fiona, and at the end, when Thomas receives the medals and refers back to the brightest stars. It just struck me as very appropriate, very like Thomas.

Hope you write more.

Sincerely,

Acey

sqifer-fan chapter 1 . 1/3/2005
Its not often you find a good fic that manages to capture the characters as well as you have. Keep up the good work.
Zinou chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
o.O

Wow. Yay. x.x Out of the blue, a good read.

Great short, very concise but detailed all the same. It's nice to see Thomas be written about with/in intellgent capacity. And not bastardized. Not many people take the poor guy seriously ... but by giving him the spotlight here you threw him into quite the fitting sleuth's role. Giving him more depth... bwhee.

I like how Thomas was comparing himself to Raven and getting a bit abhorrent of that fact. This line:

"If I didn’t need his help for this, I’d probably get up, shoot him, and go back to sleep.

Oh, God, here I was sounding like Raven again!"

I thought was cool. *nod.*

You also had Raven dead-on. It's somewhat hard to explain x.o, but when I can 'hear' the FCs' dialogue spoken in their voices, it's the ultimate sign of ICness. Which is good.

Nice job.
Fionasaurus chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
hello...*claps*that was a wonderful was very sad in the beginning,but in the end you turned it to be quite a happy tale.I have no critisism(sp),so I just give you applauding and keep up the good work.
Tatsu-no-Houou chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
Haven't reviewed fics in the longest of times, but I feel this one deserves it!

I liked how you had Thomas Schubaltz in a 'detective' type of role after Van getting killed. It felt both true to his character and also felt like an evolution to his character.

Raven was also well played out. His 'gruff'ness along with his annoyance about not being able to kill Van was also in character.

Great job!