Reviews for Sepulchral Elegy
Adi Sagestar chapter 2 . 9/28/2007
He needs a hug...
Thessaly chapter 2 . 9/28/2005
Bravi, bravi, bravissimi...This is a damn good phantom fic. Nice Leroux/Kay combination work - Leroux is so flawed (but then so is Susan Kay, the other direction). You've got the ratio more or less right. Morbid, certainly, but a much better take on one lonely phantom than anybody else on this saccharine site. I love the way he talks to things - you've got the voice down just right. Can't wait for the next chapter.
la chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
I really like it! But then again, I really like all your stories. Yay for the morbid! Keep it up, you do a great job!
Senna Wales chapter 2 . 5/11/2005
Wow. You two definitely enhance the meaning to "horror" and "depression." Chapter 1 was indeed horrific. This chapter was indeed.. depressing. You two are so awesome, but I'm almost glad this was the last chapter you got to because I, for one, am thoroughly depressed now. LOL. :)

What I love most of all is how well you connect the song titles to POTO, and how well the chapters connect to each other. They're not disjointed vignettes. Instead, they tell the same story. That's gotta be tough to do. Amazing what you've done. :)

Critiquing the chapter itself.. It was definitely a nice transition from Mad!Erik to Depressed!Erik, from action to reflection/explanation. Oh, so hopeless! It made me want to cry! :P Erik's destruction of the elephant.. quite symbolic. Poor Erik, he's so cursed he can't even die when he wants to.

His dialogue is so haunting.. My favorite lines:

“Twenty years…Twenty years, and for what? For whom? For Erik? What does Erik matter? No one but Erik will ever hear Erik’s music…And when Erik is dead…”

So tragic! And, yes, I think I've had enough morbidity for one day.. whew.. but do update soon. I can't wait to see what craziness you'll come up with next. :)
Senna Wales chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
WOW! Uhh.. You definitely were not kidding when you said this was The Most Morbid Phic You'll Ever Read. Or, that I and the rest of us will ever read.

Wow. Wow. That was really surprising. Practically every single paragraph of this chapter surprised me, added some new twist to the story.

At first I thought Christine, for some bizarre reason, was watching Erik take off his jacket. And shirt. I mean, who else would get to do that, and be so mesmerized by his hand?

Then (surprise!) I found out it was Erik just dressing/undressing himself. That was pretty odd.. considering he'd mesmerized himself. LOL.

So then I figured he was just dressing in front of an ordinary mirror in his house. Hahah, I guess I was not being an alert reader, because what ordinary mirror would he actually watch himself in in his house? All of them are covered.. so therefore it must be..

WHOA! It's the torture chamber! Another twist. So, uhh, he's.. hanging out in his torture chamber for fun? That alone is a pretty morbid idea. :)

"Then it began." ...Wow, so now he's... torturing himself. For fun. That. Is. Morbid.

Then the heat begins to addle his brain.. begins to talk to his own reflection..

Then, finally, I found out it was all just an experiment. On himself. An experiement to see how tortured someone might get by testing himself.

Wow. That was quite a twisted ride all in one maddeningly morbid phic! Pulled it off quite nicely, too. :) Loved the narration, how glibe and careless Erik was in his dialogue to himself. :D
odeius chapter 2 . 4/12/2005
awesome fic, I hope y'all will write more of it.
phantomy-cookies chapter 2 . 3/31/2005
How very, very clever of you, dearest. I’ve nearly been rendered speechless. (Nearly.) Haha.

I will say, though, that if it weren’t for your pre-disposition to use CD titles for chapter headings, a more appropriate name for this piece would have been ‘The Torture Chamber.’ (LOL) Never before had I thought to contemplate what Erik’s chamber of torture truly was. Yet suddenly it seems so fitting that a connection between his memories and his murderers would be separated only by a single door. Standing in one room suddenly becomes analogous to the other.

(Poor, unhappy Erik! You truly are the victim of your own, wretched horrors.)

There’s an irony here that is almost too prolific for words. Were old Leroux to have read this, I’m sure he would have commended you on the subtle nuances of your meanings. (Even IF you’ve dashed a bit of Special Kay in here… LOL)

Oh! And I positively ADORED this line: ((“Hmm? Little elephant of death? Where are the knives and the razors? Shouldn’t my blood flow until my veins are dry and the carpet is soaked enough to grow mold? Or shall it be pistols? At dawn? A duel between one man and one monster and both of them are Erik. To the death. Who would win? Isn’t that the question.”))

That’s referring to himself in the third person, baby! Yeah!

My Lady Scorpion, I am forever in awe of your genius. You never cease to astound and captivate me.

*Bows*

(To continue, or not to continue? That is the question.)
phantomy-cookies chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
“The most morbid fic you’ll ever read?”

My goodness! You sure weren’t kidding me! (LOL)

What an absolutely creative and thoroughly intriguing idea! Erik gives the torture chamber a test run! I love it! Absolutely love it!

No one can engage the readers’ senses the way you do, my Lady Scorpion. I suddenly found myself IN the torture chamber, breathing that same scorching air and wanting to cuddle with that noose myself!

What I really find fascinating is that you’ve taken the theme of reflections, images, and illusions to highlight the complete madness of your character. I don’t think I’ve ever read an Erik that personified Leroux’s more than this one. There is genius in him, there is reason in him, but there is also pure and unadulterated insanity in him. He’s gorgeous! (In that figurative way of speaking…)

And only you can bring in that subtle bit of morbid humor at the most inappropriate times…

((“My voice soaked gently into the stores of velvety black powder that rested there, and I laughed softly, absently amused by my own sense of humor.”)) ROTFL.

Just when I thought your writing couldn’t impress me any more than it already has, you go and pull this on me. Bravo darling! Bravo!

*mwah*
Redrose chapter 2 . 3/17/2005
AH! PLEASE UPDATE! This is so beautifully written! The flow is incredible! Please don't stop here! There isn't enough good horror pieces on this site!

LOVE IT!

redrose
RhiannonLove chapter 2 . 2/1/2005
Wow . . . You're going on my favorite authors list, pronto!

I really like this story so far. Your writing is awesome, and I love how you show Erik's "creepiness." No wonder Raoul heard Christine muttering, "Poor Erik." I feel like sighing that right now! He truly is a poor, almost wretched, creature . . . but (even though this sounds corny) all he really needed was love and acceptance, I think. That's what he really longed for, no?

Anyway, update soon! Please! *puppy-dog eyes*
ElfLover chapter 2 . 1/26/2005
Melodrama! Madness! Morphine! And all those other M-words! This fic has it all, including spooky chapter titles (I can't believe there's actually a song called "Horror of Erik". I absolutely have to have this CD...).

*grovels* Update! Please!

ElfLover
ENTR'ACTE chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Wow... This is a really creepy fic. I truly enjoyed it. It was nice to see Erik portrayed as something other that a nice, fluffy bunny who breaks down in tears every five seconds and can't let go of Christine's wrist for one minute. It's always nice to read a little horror. The imagery you used was very enjoyable to read as well. I was so happy to find someone on this site who can actually use grammar correctly, as well. Congratulations.
naivephantom chapter 2 . 1/25/2005
I love this! Can I say more? Yes! Update soon! Much fmeek to you too!
loveroftrapdoors chapter 2 . 1/15/2005
Poor, unhappy Erik!
Daroga's Rainy Daae chapter 2 . 1/12/2005
I love it and you know it! This is awesomely creepy. Like I said, the first chapter reminded me of those demented salad finger animations... The second chapter stood alone and was very shivery-cool. I hope the next chapter is just as good, and I read the titles of songs yet to come... sounds trippy. I can't wait.