Reviews for I'm Sorry You're an Idiot
Lunatique chapter 18 . 1/5/2012
And that's all of it, I suppose. One thing I really like about this story is your sense of humor. I was reminded of Terry Pratchett's style as I read, and a lot of parts like the reflection on the German bunmaker's birth, the thought process of Naraku's baboon-double, and Kagura's thoughts and lines at the beginning of this chapter were really funny. I hope you keep up the humor writing, because you're good at these turns of phrase and setting up funny situations. As for the rest, it looked like the plot was heading for the climax bringing together the disparate story elements so I was sorry to see it end there.

Overall, this was a fun romp in a worlds-collide sort of way, and your original universe looks like an interesting place, too. I enjoyed it.
Lunatique chapter 12 . 1/3/2012
Heh, some interesting things going on here. Kibel makes for a tragic yet interesting villain, and Aerie remains a sympathetic and faceted (and facetious!) character. The willingness of the canon characters, particularly Kikyou, to sit still and listen to long speeches from Aerie stretches suspension of disbelief, but maybe you were trying to make fun of fanfic convention in that regard and I like that Aerie both makes good points and messes things up from time to time.

I think Kileb's story would have been better as a blocked-off section in itself rather than a giant block of dialogue (it also could have been shorter). The introduction of the servants at Naraku's castle, while a bit sudden, was an angle I hadn't seen explored and adds some complexity to the story. I'm also wondering where the Shayanui storyline is going, hopefully he plays a role later on.

Overall the story shows characteristics of one that grew in the telling rather than being planned. That can be a fun process, but I can also see why you didn't finish it (in addition to dropping out of the fandom). Still, I enjoy the silliness and adventure, and I get that dash of nostalgia for the earlier days of Inuyasha.
Lunatique chapter 6 . 1/1/2012
Heh yeah, I'm going over your Inuyasha stories because it's the only fandom you wrote in that I'm familiar with. Be very afraid. I like to check out the stories of people who write me well-thought-out reviews, because usually those who write interesting reviews also write interesting stories.

Anyhow, I'm liking this. I like the comical take on the modern-girl-in-canon-setting yarn, and how Aerie is neither an incompetent nincompoop nor a game-breaker Mary Sue but a sympathetic, reasonably capable character with powers appropriate to the fantastic nature of the setting. The hint of deeper emotions and backstory in the original character and the lively character interactions build a foundation that carries the Mood Whiplash from funny/endearing/quirky to tragic/violent/angsty surprisingly well. I'm looking forward to how you bring together the disparate and unexplained elements.
Ganheim chapter 18 . 3/1/2007
Chapter 17

who was not used to carrying three, but he seemed to have forgotten this.

[Though as far as carrying goes, Shippou seems to be essentially weightless anyway. He rests on the Inu-tachi’s shoulders all the time and they only seem to notice his presence. The only time that his weight is complained about is when Inuyasha is lying down wounded and Shippou jumps on him, a la “Open Mouth, Insert Foot”.]

“Now, Kagome, I’m so pleased to see you,” he said, spinning and taking her hand without missing a beat.

[Quite like Kouga in the canon, not overdone. That’s pleasant to see.]

“But I’m going to kill him, not any old load of rocks,”

[Reminiscent of Sesshoumaru saying that nobody else is going to kill Inuyasha.]

Chapter 18

although the occasional whoseewhatsit worked very well for making coffee when what he’d wanted was a death ray.

[It’s always a Death Ray, and often a coffee machine instead.]

Say, a house inhabited by teenage boys.

[Despite how many years I walk this earth, I will never understand how the societal expectation came in so many regions of the West that pre-adult males are supposed to be messy, while such a low expectation is not mirrored for females in those same reasons or for either male or female adults. I’m sure one day an answer will come…or I’ll get bored with the sociological research and find something else to nitpick.]

“Alright.” Inuyasha very nearly spat out the word. It contained all the force one expects it to have at the end of an argument,

[In such a forceful tone and with the implication of it being slightly drawn out, wouldn’t a more written out “all right” be more appropriate?]

…hadn’t argued for thirteen minutes and twenty-three point six four two nine seconds.

[Yes, mister Spock.]

“Lord monk! You there?”

[Though I know that’s one of the possible and fully valid translations for ‘houshi-sama’, I have to say that for some reason it looks slightly odd.]

She called his name. “Can you hear me?”

[Though this works and there are no technical flaws, I find it funny that his name doesn’t appear in the dialogue, though it would probably look funny if it _did_ show up in the dialogue.]

By this time, Inuyasha and Kouga were no longer speaking to one another.

[So things have settled down, in their manner of speaking?]

“He has a sword?”

“You never noticed?”

[Reminds me of several conversations I’ve had with others on the same topic.]

Give me yours.”

[Wouldn’t the two swords have to be approximately the same length? Sango has a wazakashi, their blades are generally shorter than two feet, a typical katana is close to three feet.]

Naraku: (shakes head) A grammar geek. Very sad.

[Seemed a lot like me when I took Japanese in college. Favorite class I ever took.]
BAFling chapter 18 . 11/13/2006
that was great! I still don't get what a whoseewhatsit is? But it sounds funny. It works funny too! The end was so cool. I can't wait to see what happens next! I had almost forgotten about the wishing thing! Hahaha! And now we know why the title is the title! You're so clever X3

did u get my emails? I think I might have sent them to the wrong address...twice.

Anyhoo, I hopw lileantaili...or something (his name is long! and hard.) I already read 17 I see. Yet I don't remember it at all! (this does happen to me withnovels I've read, too) I'm ashamed I couldn't remember such an interesting chapter. Then again, I enjoyed it twice!
Wiffenfeifer chapter 18 . 6/28/2006
So they are finally out of the cave - and into Kileb's mind? That's certainly out of the frying pan into the fire! I imagine it's strange in there - not entirely ugly, though. Better his mind than Naraku's! I can't wait to find out what it's like in there...

Good job, by the way. I'm eager to see what happens in Kileb's mind, and to see how the unspellable Lelentaeli fares. You've set things up for a coming chapter that could be most amusing.
Kyoumi chapter 18 . 6/22/2006
Oh, darn! I forgot to review!
NefCanuck chapter 18 . 6/22/2006
Well, very entertaining chapter but man Inuyasha has *got* to learn when to zip his mouth closed -oi vey-

Awaiting next chapter eagerly
silverfingersnotloggedin chapter 8 . 6/9/2006
Hola...thanks for reviewing PIGO, it's cool that you do it even though you don't watch the show...oh, I updated TLOTI as well. I c ur writing more...keep it up!

The flor is lava,

Silverfingers
BAFling chapter 17 . 3/16/2006
-gasp- no way! It's finally here! Yay! T-T I missed it! I couldn't believe it when I saw it!

Anyway, it's a funny one! XD and Naraku and Kileb are as funny together as ever! ah, Kileb -swoon- you can do no wrong! (well...)

Heheheh. Kouga had it coming. and the scene when they get trapped...what WAS Aerie drawing anyway? what did the bubbles say! I'm guessing we'll be finding out... -pout-
Kyoumi chapter 17 . 3/15/2006
You should update more often! I forgot what happened in your story... o_O;; I like your story a lot, though. update soon! I liked the chapter.
NefCanuck chapter 17 . 3/15/2006
Geez, poor Inuyasha, stuck in a cramped space and can't do squat. As for Kouga, keep it up wolf boy, Kagome will punt *you* down the mountain next :P

WEll done as usual
Al's-best-friend chapter 5 . 2/25/2006
Inuyahsa can't even remember his own name!

-starts laughing-

I wonder who was in his head though.

Guess I'll have to read more to find out!
Al's-best-friend chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
Very funny.

I love this story already!
Wiffenfeifer chapter 1 . 12/25/2005
Thank you for the dedication. Your skill with humor is growing by leaps and bounds! Some of the lines in this chapter had me laughing out loud. I missed Kileb, but Trisak serves a similar irreverent function. Don't lose Kirara and the chicken! (How do they get alng, BTW?)