Reviews for Something For The Pain
Anonny chapter 12 . 9/18/2014
I like what you've been doing with Bud in this story and when I got to the part where he had another run-in with Chris, I decided I wanted to tell you so. "...Bud who seemed to be an immovable force when it came to Mac." Yep, I can just see that. And of course the response from dingbat-Chris "Chris accused Bud of being in love with her, something which the Commander scoffed at..." Of course Bud would scoff at that. He's another honourable man and that's total rubbish. LOVE Mac, definitely. IN LOVE with Mac - nuh, he'd never. He's much too honourable to two-time Harriet and besides, he loves Harriet to pieces.

I laughed when I came across your comment at the end of this chapter saying, "I could see Bud getting all in someone's face about those he cares about." because it's so true and was exactly what I was thinking when I decided to post. And there's plenty of canon instances of Bud doing exactly that:
Wedding Bell Blues - gets in his dad's face when he's threatening Bud and warns him never to hit either he or Mikey again.
People V. Rabb - gets in Harm's face when Harm tries to blow Bud off and pretty much tells Harm where to get off.
Camp Delta - slugs a guy because he thinks the guy is about to hit Mikey.

Sometimes he just stands calmly firm and won't budge and other times he takes it up a notch and adds authority. Other times he's just clearly a good egg, who despite can be awkward around other people and sometimes totally clueless (Harriet kissed him on the Seahawk for gratitude?!) is clearly good service material, one that comes to mind for that being Tiger, Tiger where the XO's daughter alerts him to the marine not really being a marine and Bud promptly switches to "soldier mode."
TheGoddessPixie chapter 6 . 7/23/2009
Steele must die. Webb and Cresswell need to suffer, and the rest of Mac and Harm's "friends" needs to feel guilty for not having faith in Harm and Mac's love and devotion to each other.

I hate them ALL right now, except Mac, Harm, and Trish.

TheGoddessPixie chapter 5 . 7/23/2009
You know, maybe Mac should offer to fu-ck Steele once if he agrees to never contact her again when its done... let him think he "got" her and get it out of his system. OR she could offer to castrate him with a rusty steak knife and puree his balls in a blender (to steal a line from Det. Olivia Benson on Law&Order SVU) if he didn't leave her alone.

Steele, Webb, and Cresswell must die... slow, painful, torturous deaths much like the pain they have put Harm and Mac through.

Vindictive, me? Nah, I just hate angst... I'm a sweet, innocent little pixie, honest.

TheGoddessPixie chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
Cresswell is being a total and complete JERK to Mac, doesn't he know she and Harm are in love? How would he feel if it were his wife who was reported dead, would he just "get over it"? You don't just get over losing your soul-mate... EVER.

Hannah chapter 15 . 9/10/2006
Great story! :D Can't wait to start reading the next one...

Not all Spooks suck! Try watching the British TV series called "Spooks".

Some stuff on youtube here:
macandharmlover chapter 15 . 5/17/2005
what happens next i can't wait to find out
problematick chapter 15 . 2/5/2005
::cries:: Not another two part story thing! NO... ::dies:: Gah.

XBlue

P.S. I don't know why I didn't get the author alert for this chapter before the 'new story' one. Oh well. I'm offt to go die again because of you. _
starryeyes10 chapter 15 . 2/5/2005
great story.
LieutenantjgMegAustin chapter 15 . 2/4/2005
Can't wait for the next story!
JadeAlmasy chapter 15 . 2/4/2005
very good i like the little hints and i love the cliffy you left us with! keep up the good work and update soon!

Jade
sunnysky chapter 15 . 2/3/2005
I read the story after you posted this chapter because it is a tortune to have to wait in between chapter for such an interesting story. I did not realize that it is not the end but I'm also excited to know there's more to come. Thanks for writing!
Nikki chapter 15 . 2/3/2005
How COULD you do this to us? Oh, wait, this was an awesome story, and we do have a sequel coming (who yo) and it may even turn into a trilogy, so what am I saying. Then again, this was a pretty wrong way to leave us! You rock, Vixen!
Nix707 chapter 15 . 2/3/2005
Awesome story! Keep going . . . have to find out what Harm's gonna say to Mac!
smithknk chapter 15 . 2/3/2005
Thoroughly enjoying this story! Can hardly wait for the "rest of the story"!
Charmboy4 chapter 15 . 2/3/2005
I'm sick, so I don't have the energy to sign in!

Cool final chapter...of course she would feel it, next I suppose his ghost is gonna show up in her office huh?;)

Next story soon please!