Reviews for The Art of Trudging
scarlettHuntress chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
confuserizing, interesting.

but mostly confusing.

so, um, are you continuing this?
Wallwalker chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
*chuckles* Cid's smart mouth and his fumbling when Tifa is looking at him that way are brilliant in this. So is Tifa being worried. The conversation she has with Rufus puzzles me, but I suppose that was the point. I liked this a lot.
yllom21 chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
Very nice job keeping Cid an Tifa in good charecter! I think you could have added a bit more Vincent though, they where looking for him but yet his part was rather small.

Excellent story... nice job!
drakonlily chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
Are you sick of me yet? Are you? Oh you are going to regret asking me to read things. XD

"“As often as I need to,” I replied, digging frantically for my lost lighter. She frowned; I could feel it in the back of my skull."

I LOVE CID. He's... I don't know how to put it. He WANTS so badly to be comforting and nice but he just CAN'T there's this give or take from him that is never on balance.

And now here is where I demand a Rufus/Tifa from you. XD
the Red Nothing chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
Heh, I liked this. Original concept. Interesting way to write Cid -you managed to do it without using the dreaded "f-word" fifty thousand times and still make him ... Ciddy. Tres awesome, Cendrillo, as per usual.
Tijuana Pirate chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
'Lo Cendrillo,

Yeesh, I'm losing count. Is this three? Four? Four I think. :p

I like this one better. You don't see too many Cid fics about. I really liked the dialogue and you captured his personality really nicely. Gruff with that semi-buried kindess seeping through every once in a while. I liked the way he thought of Tifa too. Glad he could see through those empty smiles of hers. 'Course, I'm with Cid on this one. 'The Hell' is also what I thought when you started going off about flowers. Did I MISS something along the way? :p Maybe it's a 'between you and Jess Angel' thing. I have to admit, I was a little bit surprised about how Tifa got her scratch. Makes me wish I had THAT scene to read too. I imagine it would be suitably dramatic. _~ Poor Vincent... guilt was probably eating away at him as easily as that cold was... Nice story though. I'd have to say that my favourite part was your characterization of Cid but the rest was nice too.

~T. Pirate
Amani Ishikawa chapter 1 . 1/11/2005
Wow,I must say that you did an excellent job with this one. Cid's character is perfect! I love Cid. He's so cool and terribly underrated! Anyways, if you plan to continue with this, please do so! And btw, I am from SE Missouri, so I know all about that big snowfall we had!
CWolf2 chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
First I must say that you write the perfect Cid. This was just good all around. Excellent work.
Mako Red Eyes chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
Wow, this was really neat. Are you going to contenue with this, or was it just a little one-shot shortie. Interesting how you had mixed perspectives coming from Cid-his take on Tifa...

Sweet that he wants a daughter. (he better get his ass moving, then... _~) Good trick, letting his rather rough self surface through being a bit of a sweetheart. :)
Jess Angel chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
{loves}

Thank you! The Art of Trudging was all I expected and more. The reflective tone of it was masterfully done, especially since it was from Cid's point of view. Had a wonderfully unique blend of humor, melancholy, and insight. There are many so many details and lines I loved. Things such as Tifa's empty smiles and Cid thinking how glad he is he's too old to get "wrapped up in it," him calling her "martial midget," the "aggressive fighter" comment, and his thoughts on his future daughter; I thought it was extremely interesting how you used Rufus, too. Added a bit of mystery to the mix.

Thanks again! I truly enjoyed it.

Jess 0:o)