Reviews for Cry to heaven
Kaiser Washington chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
Okay. This is totally impossible. Something this retarded and delusional can just not exist. Do you think you sound artistic? How lame can you get? And what with all the laughably blatant contradictions in this fic, it's a wonder that your computer didn't shut down on you when you wrote it. Let's go through them, shall we? "Finding his sisters, Mayah, Meg and Mican, he lost them on the way." Do I have to mention what's wrong here? Maybe I do. There's no trusting what sort of conclusions you would draw with your exiguous intelligence. It's a universally accepted fact that while multi-tasking is possible in certain situations, no human alive can do two contradictory things simultaneously. In this case, Rukawa is finding (I'd prefer the term "looking for") his sisters and losing them at the same time; on the way, no less. I'm dying to know what kind of logic you perceived in that sentence. "Her voice wasn't affected by her singing." I assume here that you meant that her voice wasn't hoarse from singing. Nonetheless, it sounds like a contradiction. So eat it, loser. "So they're girls?" "That's why I said sisters." I can be safe in my assumption that unless the speaker is some species of IQ-deficit worm, she would not have asked a question as stupid as that. Unless of course, she was so emotionally disturbed that Rational Thinking was disgusted and abandoned her - all this would point to the fact that the girl in question is HOPELESSLY MARY SUE, RETARD! You think changing Rukawa's character so he can fit your delusional plotline is going to lend your story credibility in any form? Did for a moment believe that giving Rukawa four bleary-eyed dumb females for sisters and a multi-talented, uber depressed, totally brainless female singer for a potential girlfriend while trying to support your story with those crass lyrics, and without coming close to describing anything - physical, emotional, metaphysical - anything - is going to make you some sort of Nobel Prize nominee? Sorry to break it to, but this fic is as big a failure as the time that old monkey jumped into the water in an attempt to capture the moon's reflection. In other words, it's just as good as nonexistent. Since you've already (thankfully) made yourself scarce from this site, you might as well have taken your fics with you, but no-o-o-o-o-o-o: you had to leave the festering things behind because you thought maybe somewhere, someday someone might like it. Snap out of it. Fairy tales are not real.
Seonaid Mist chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
Umm...umm...julie-san? I like the story and all, it's pretty good, it’s a good read, and that’s what’s important to me (yeah, I’m still a pretty sucky writer, but I’m working on it O.O my fics are on hiatus and my first ever Slam Dunk fic got deleted for unknown reasons *cries* ...so no constructive criticism from me! O_o I have ATROCIOUS grammar)...

But, umm, aren't those translations from ? O_O Uh, I kinda have the copy of it right here...and I was thinking that if you personally translated it at all, it wouldn't be the same as the one in the site, er, word per word...right? Here it is (the whole song, I mean):

Piece of Tomorrow (Ashita no Kakera)

Kowarete yuku machi

Yuuyake ga shiruetto wo utsushidasu

Chi no you na sora ga

Yugami-hajimeta shinjitsu somete ita

In the crumbling street

The sunset mirrors a silhouette

The blood-red sky

Stains a warping reality

Nani ga tadashikute nani ga taisetsu ka mo

Wakaranai jidai no naka de

In a time were one cannot know

What is right and what is important

Tsubasa nado hoshiku nai

For it is enough that I am more foolish than a bird

Rise up on both feet

And embrace the pieces of tomorrow

Yasashisa no shurui

Gareki ni tatazunde ima kazoeyou

Amai zetsubou ga

Kurushii kibou wo keshisaru sono mae ni

The types of kindness

Now let us count them

Before sweet despair

Erases bitter hope

Yume wo mitai nara sugu ni nemure ba ii

Sonna ni muzukashiku nai sa

If you want to dream all you do is sleep

It isn't that hard

Is destroyed in midnight

Behind this planet

It is forever shining

[Contributed by Shinobi Chirlind-Byouko chirlind ]

Well, I'm an avid Rurouni Kenshin fan. XD And I appreciate the works of those great people who translated the songs. I have that RK soundtrack with me too (Original Vocal Album no.2 - I bought it cuz of 'Innocence' and 'Journey' - both of which are Seta Soujiro's image songs! X3). It's Gentatsu's image song (yep, that handsome black-haired guy! *drool* I LOVE HOW HE SANG THIS SONG! *fangirly scream*). But I'd really appreciate it if you give the credit to the rightful owner of the translations. O_O Really. You couldn’t have translated it the way ‘Shinobi Chirlind-Byouko’ did word per word. That would mean you’re the same person. Or that you just copied it off from her...

Are YOU ‘Shinobi Chirlind-Byouko’? O.o ... o.O I don’t think so. So please give the credit to her. She deserves it. X3 Mm’kay? Thank you.

Also...isn’t Julie Tearjerky a title of a song by Eraserheads? O.O Just curious! XP Pinoy pala you... XD Muztah, pare? XD XD
iron69butterfly chapter 1 . 2/3/2005
This is the story I like the most. I just wonder what'll happen. Just remember the cheese. No more butter-s! It melts!
cheerful-angel57 chapter 1 . 1/7/2005
whoah! this really touched me... really great writing! You seem to be a real big fan of rukawa... i used to write fics about him but somehow I just don't like him anymore... hehe... anyways, this has good potential! pls continue... keep up the good work! and sorry for the late review... classes kept me busy... good luck!