Reviews for MirrorFeather
KingofHeartless'09 chapter 3 . 2/22/2011
my head hurts ;/
Hex Argynius chapter 3 . 7/30/2010
This is one of the best FF VIII fics that I've read. In truth I was told about this fic by a friend who wishes to remain anonymous. I loved your Physics and your sorceress theory was just amazing. I especially liked the way you used the swirls and circles within circles. Personally I hated Square's Rinoa, but in contrast I loved your insane Rinoa, she has much more character than Square's. What I really loved about the story is that we have a similar theory of my own that I am working into my chapter fic, but my is sort of different with a similar equation but I use a spiral instead of a circle and Rinoa is only stepping stone to Ultimecia not the final drop. My theory and equation work with the Square's original thought that while you can visit the past you can not change it and the only tangible change must occur in the future and I expand on it.

The reason I bring this up is that both theories are flawed in the fact that when the loop begins again there are an infinite amount of possibilities that can happen leading to the fact that nothing will happen in the exact same way. My theory is that Ultimecia would gradually become more powerful with every loop because in each loop Rinoa would obtain the power of Ultimecia from Edea and then receive it once more while Edea already possess the power of Ultimecia meaning that after the first loop Edea would hold 1 Ultimecia and in the second 2 Ultimecias and so on and so forth leading to the conclusion that Ultimecia would compound into herself after every cycle reached her. Also in my theory Rinoa's life is extended as well through the powers of the other sorceresses, but instead of infinite life she would only gain a span of a generation for each only giving her 400 years of life meaning that there must be a fifth sorceress other than Ultimecia herself leading to my equation of X6X compounding. How I get six is the simple factor that Rinoa is a natural sorceress giving her the number of 1 but to be born a sorceress would one's mother have to a sorceress as well, so I concluded that Julia gave her powers to Rinoa upon death making her worth 2 throughout the game until absorbing both Edea and Adels powers making her 4 and later on passing her powers to a fifth who will live until Ultimecia is at least within her teens and give her powers to the young Ultimecia who will in turn be driven insane by the shear amount of powers contained by six sorceresses. To sum it all up everything will repeat with the exception that Ultimecia will be more powerful each time that she receives all her powers and the line will eventually break in the fact that Ultimecia will eventually be able to defeat Squall's team as well as retain all of her memories through all of the other sorceresses. Sorry for rambling but In essence what I'm saying is that our theories cross and intersect at points but diverge in others, but our stories are completely different although I don't have it posted because I'm in the process of rewriting the first 6 chapters to be post worthy. All in all I loved your fic and intend on reading more of your stuff :-)!
Suphlatus chapter 3 . 12/8/2008
I read this a while ago, and now having reread it thought I should drop a review:

FF8's ending, while good, lacked a certain kick. Mirror Feather adds kick aplenty and I've mentally appended it to the FF8 story. It's stuck there now, in my head, like glue. This is how FF8 ends. Thanks seventhe for this delightful dose of mind screw!
Reinna chapter 3 . 1/7/2008
Wow. Just wow. This story is crazy and absolutely insane and I love it. I love how you make so much more out of Rinoa's character and combined with the crazy and the desperation and the circles in circles of the three women connected in the past and the future.

... I'm so coherent today. XD

But yes, this was masterfully, beautifull written.
Hoodoo chapter 3 . 9/9/2006
Bllarggh.
Astellecia chapter 3 . 9/2/2006
My brain just exploded from reading this (in a good way), it makes utterly no sense from one point of view but it makes perfect sense from another perspective, and the language is just whoa...O.o...the entire fic is a work of art, I think it captures the entire sorceress relationship in such an absolutely unique way, fantastic fic XD
Seductive Venus chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
It's a wonderful story! Made me think about a lot of stuff to avoid a headache. I love your imagery and the way you portray it... Just beautiful. Rinoa is really herself in this, all mad and funny and really desperate. I was curious and prodded into thought by your story. Hm. I loved it.
higher than sky high chapter 3 . 3/15/2006
Well, that was confusing as hell. But I liked it. I used to despise the Rinoa is Ultimecia theory but this makes me think about it in a new way. Esora makes Ultimecia seem like a real person, instead of some crazy deranged ... psycho like I thought before. Granted, she still is a crazy deranged psycho. But that's more Rinoa, isn't it? Anyways, my point is that I can see Rinoa doing this.. because she knows she's going to. But the whole situation presents so many paradoxes..

The math part is especially interesting. I suppose xx5 would be true if xinfinity. But by the way you defined it, with Esora's (future) powers as x, wouldn't a sorceress and the power of the sorceress the same thing? If not, then when Rinoa "inherited" Adel, Adel('s powers) would be x, not 1... I don't suppose you can inherit people. Well... none of it makes sense to me anyways but the way you incorporated the algebra and physics was astounding in a crazy weird way.

In the end, the only important thing is that you're amazing and I bow down to your writing skills.
Achenar chapter 3 . 1/17/2006
Okay, so it's a year, nearly, since you finished this.

Just a thought, though, that occurred to me; whether I've interpreted all this correctly or not is horribly uncertain.

In the end, could Rinoa have been, in her own twisted fashion, trying to eliminate X? By completing the cycle, could somehow she have not only been ensuring Ultimecia's death back in gametime, but trying to eliminate the X factor altogether? I'm not usually fond of Rinoa, and under the assumption that she does go mad (who wouldn't?) this works entirely. I'm still inclined to say that there's some other little plan in her supposed madness. And who knows, it could work?

I'm dead tired, this probably makes no sense, and either way these assumptions treat your work as canon (I think they should be at least fanon, as they make more sense than most Rinoa-Ulty theories). Still, I think what I'm trying to say is that this is a brilliant, thought provoking piece. Seriously, absolutely brilliant.

Good work. :D
cirruscastle chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
This exploration of Time Compression and Rinoa's character that you have written make me interested in her character in ways I never thought that I would be. The island of mirrors is surreal and beautiful, just as Time Compression is portrayed in the game. It makes sense for Rinoa to have a privileged vantage point in Time Compression, given that she took a part in creating it.

The time loop which you create works very well. Just thinking about the complexity of Time Compression from the game always has me thinking in circles. I don't think the game designers gave that plot point the attention it desereved and so I am always eager to read other people's opinions on it. Your portrayal of the phenomenon is crazy, disjointed and surreal enough that I could easily accept it as the true story of Time Compression.

Your depiction of Edea and Rinoa's relationship is quite masterfully done as well.

Esora makes Ultimecia human. She certainly makes the sorceress more interesting. The strange math equations and the sorceresses' madness are strangely attractive in their half-sensible, half-nonsensical way. Rinao's mad attempt to stop Ultimecia which also spurs her into action is an excellent plot-twist.
Verdanii chapter 3 . 10/24/2005
This ficcy was really amazing.
Verdanii chapter 2 . 10/24/2005
Quite lovely, tis.
Verdanii chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
Nice start, Chickie.
Arala chapter 3 . 3/26/2005
Wow. I'm with you in that I can't stand Rinoa in the game- but you've made her so... so /interesting/. I'm a big fan of stream-of-consciousness stories, as long as they're done right. And you've not only done it right, you've got it down just about perfectly. If you can write about a subject I despise and have me not only like but truly enjoy reading about it, you have my deepest respect.
xahra99 chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
hey

man, shouldn't do this, I haven't trawled the net for fanfic in ages. The bad stuff makes me want to stab my eyes out and the good stuff makes me wish I'd thought of that first, dammit, and it doesn't get any writing of my own OR any work done.

Anyway, now that's over with..

I really liked this. There's just enough humour in it to keep it from being too angstridden. And it explains a bit about the sorceresses, which is great, because frankly there were enough plot holes in that game to drive a truck through. An they're INTERESTING.

If you're interested in ff8 sorceress stuff, there's a fic posted on rpgamer. com called 'Room Of The Host' which must be my definitive sorceress stuff. Not that it makes sense. I dn't know who wrote it, but it's decent writing and even better physics.