Reviews for More Than Just a Story
heylalaa chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
nice story. i really loved it. especially the part where rosette told chrno that he would be the one who's writing the book. lol.

thanks for the fic. i really enjoyed it. :)
SapphireShelle91 chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
I agree with, their relationship defiantly goes threw stages, but i think it needed to, to make the bond between them even deep and more powerful. Though Chrno with little Rosette is so cute, you gotta love him.

Great Job!
Ayane Selznick chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
You know, you're right about it. But I never actually thought about Chrno's relationship with the Christophers when they were still in the orphanage. I see Chrno as the wise guy who had lived through centuries. Having the most experiences in the world, he had come to push everything else (because of Mary). But when he had become friends with the siblings, I think I saw him as the older brother and a friend.

Hehehe, I don't know. Maybe I couldn't accept the feeling that he was like a father or something because his physical appearance is so deceiving. But the way he see things and speak about them... I see the old wise man in him.

As for Az... well I kinda dislike her first (but when I saw her hair is long and white I was dying to cosplay her, but not now, I'm dying to cosplay Rosette and find myself a Sinner Chrno!) Thanks for sharing that fact, about Chrno and Az
Eiashian chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
_ I really loved that. I actually had thought of something kinda similar but I'm skittish about writing a cc fanfic cause I don't know all that much about the series yet. I've seen the first two vols of the anime and have up to volume 4 of the manga, and would rather know the story and characters completely before I try . Great idea though, so adorable . Keep writing, best of luck,

ELS
Ilvinaeda chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
An interesting take on the whole Chrono/Rosette idea.

This is what I think (note, my POV is messed up, since I am missing vol. 2-but anyway...):

Chrono feels a detached relationship for Rosette and Josh when they are younger. He is still getting over his previous "life" and feels almost as if he's being forced to "chaperone these two young'uns until they find someone else." However, in some ways, they also "bring him back to the world of the living," just by being there, talking to him and playing with him. He, in turn, finds himself between a "shy friend that wants to be part of the group, but can't find a way" and "elder who watches over the young, and lightly associates with them."

As they both age (although Rosette changes more than Chrono does), Rosette begins to develop her unique "persona." She becomes much more aggressive, and develops a liking for "beating stuff up." Chrono, on the other hand, remains a constant, and finds himself reacting to her more than anything else. As she constantly changes, becoming soft at times, hot-headed and hard at others, he tries to be the best companion he can be, while also being her "buddy" as best as he can be. Especially after they form the contract, he begins to "feel" her more, and therefore understand her better, which then allows him to react better to her decisions, emotions, and actions. Also, because he understands exactly what "borrowing her life force" does to her, he tries to repay her in other ways-by being the occasional punching bag, the scapegoat, the klutz, and etc.-but ultimately, every time he borrows her soul, he knows he is slowly killing her, and while feeling terrible about it, understands the necessity of it, at times, and also feels an "obligation" to his provider, not wanting to be a complete leech, but rather trying his best to balance the relationship so that both can feel it is more symbiotic than parasitic, and so that both can accept it better and live with their decision with fewer regrets...

...or whatever that rambling is supposed to mean. Sorry...my thoughts are very loosely organized, and consequently, are not easy to understand...hope it's kind of what you were looking for though.

Your writing was nice. One of those "moments of innocence" that could easily go forgotten...but that capture the essence of what it means to live. _

Great piece! Keep it up!
Decidedly Odd chapter 1 . 7/11/2005
That was so cute! I loved their relationship; Chrno and Rosette are my favorite anime couple (as of this moment) and good fics for them are so hard to find. So I am happy now that I have read this one. YAY!
AnImE GodDeSs chapter 1 . 7/7/2005
HAHa YeA i HaTeD Az AT FiRsT i wAs LyKe WtF? DoEs ChRoNo LyKe HeR? ANd It MaDe Me So MAd BuT i GrEw To LuV HeR KnOwInG He LOvEd RoSeTtE! tHe SaMe WitH MaRy BuT...i StIlL dOnT lyKe HeR! LOL To TeLl U ThE tRuTh I HATE heR! lOl *sIgNS* AwW i LoVe Ur WrItInGs TheY aRe AlL sO gOoD! u BeTtEr UpdAtE On DoUbLe TrOubLe SOON! Im DieIng! lOl *stiCks OuT tounGe* IlL tRy -N- bE pAtIeNt ThO...HEHe! weLl Ur GrEaT dOnT sToP AnD p.S i LoVE iNuYasHA KagOmE! i HaTe KikS! hAHA! u ShOuLd PlaY FinAl faNtAsY somTiMe Ud LoVe IT! uR iNtO AloT of THe SAme THiNGs I LIKe! DN anGeL YUMMI YAIO! *giGgLeS* WHo dOEsNt lOve A LiTtLe YaIO? hehE!

xox HeAmoNA xox
Yumechou chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
Uwah It's so swet I love it so much! talking about dream Great fic! *wink*
jANET chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
oh this is beautiful! i really love it!"!
deity of death1 chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
*nods hesitantly* I think I can agree with you on that...And... YES, OF COURSE, THEIR IN LUV! -
EdenSnake chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
Aw... teehee. ;D

Okay, I'll be honest. I...do...not...like...Azmaria. I don't know, something about her...-rapid eyetwitch- Probably the same reason I don't like Kikyo, actually. -.-; I am such a fangirl.

Ah well.

Great story!

-LQ
Megan Of The Sand chapter 1 . 2/20/2005
You summed their relationship up pretty good but I have saw Chrono as a father figure more like Remington as a Fatherfigure for both Rosette and (what little he saw of him) Joshua ( but I Guess that changed when he started to live with Aion) This is still good!
Jayuna chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
this is an interesting story! please continue
Varethane chapter 1 . 1/11/2005
Yay!A good Chrono Crusade fic! There aren't enough of them... there aren't enough CC fics to begin with o.O (There really oughta be more... and the series really should be better known, dran it!)

Taa! _
nuclear.nicole chapter 1 . 1/7/2005
:P I took your advice and started watching Chrono Crusade! YAY! It's awesome! I may have it replace InuYasha as my new obsession . . . :d . . . hm . . .

Keep up the good work!