Reviews for Fleeting
Djux chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Wow. Perfect! loved it and hated it at the same time, if it makes any sense :) the same goes for this line, She hasn’t touched anyone but him in nineteen years. And she has become especially fond of the color pink. After Jess, it is her favorite color.

thx for this :)
AdinaRJ chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
I think you manage to capture different aspects, deeper aspects, of their personalities than we see normally.

I really like the symbolism of the color - and the entire thing is heartbreakingly beautiful and raw and real.
MysticMoonlight chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
Wow, this fic was so beautiful. I loved it so much I read it over again, heh. Thanks for writing this.
Heidi chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
This is so sweet. So sweet... it makes me cry. Lala.

Well done. It reminds me of something I might write when I'm incredibly inspired and born talented.

Brava.

Love,

Heidi
nD kS nW chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Oh. Wow. Amazing, incredible. It's beautiful, really.
Utopist chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Oh.

I like it. I like how they love each other and, even though they don't have a relationship in the strict sense of the word they are together, and will be together.

"She doesn’t bring her work home much anyway, so there isn’t a lot of paper lying around for those damned pro-con lists."

Ok. That phrase right there is worth an IB commentary. The fact that she doesn't need to bury herself in work, because she has nothing to run away from. No work, no paper... no pro-con lists. Because being with Jess can't be decided by list making. The very notion that pro-con lists aren't needed...

You're amazing.

I'm humbled.

M.
LovelessRaven chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
I loved... every word of this. The imagery that was used, the sentences sprawled all over the beautiful story that grabbed at you and made you take notice... I loved the line about the very bright star that only twinkles so brightly for one night. It was... beautifully sad. When Rory stated "Jess" was her favorite color... it was childishly innocent and achingly whimsical and... very Rory, to say and think it.

There will never be anyone else for me, Jess.

That line... I always thought that would definie Rory. She would never have another Jess, regardless if it survived or not. And I'm moved that in this story, their love was not a fleeting thing, even if their relationship on the show was. This small piece was gorgeously written and poetic and majestic... I'm in love with it. :)

Ella S.
someone5 chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
Hey you. I read this a while ago, but I hadn't gotten around to reviewing it till now...sorry.

This is really great; I love the last part - "Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable." Oh, pure genius.

I love your work, but you knew that. I hope you have some more one-shots up your sleeve, 'cause this was amazing.
Christy chapter 1 . 1/5/2005
Great job.
Glowbug9379 chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
I like this. A lot. (look how wordy I am)

It's sweet. And simple, but simple in a way that breaks it down and ventures underneath the second skin of the Jess/Rory relationship that nobody will ever be able to really figure out.

I like the use of pink Christmas lights. Very Rory. Very Lorelai. Jess is a smartass. She's idealistic. And that's how it works.

And that's why it's beautiful.

I'm sorry that this is my first fic I've read of yours-because I really like your style. I promise to catch up as quickly as I can. ;)
Anastasia Athene chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
YAY! I love when you write. LOL how profound, I know. But...yeah. I enjoyed this immensely. Because I love holiday (or even just "slightly seasonal") fics. hehe. I love it. Okee dokee, then:

your fleeting romance of sorts was one of those impossible things, those little white stars in the sky that twinkle really brightly one night, but aren’t there the next think in minutes (actually, I loved the whole thinking in minutes, 1 weekx minutes, etc. thing. Loved it.) Glittery, sparkly, secularly pink dotsher eyes were blue with a crazy neon glow in them from those icicle lights and you remembered the phrase “sky blue pink.” It was a fleeting paragraph: "Now, you think she must be..."His mouth recognized a smileIt was a full-blown smile now. Lucky for him, her eyes were on her lightsvoice three parts sincereHe resolved to reread The NecklaceMy favorite color is also Jess, how'd you know? LOLTen minutes later he found his voiceThe paragraphs: "Oh really? What is it?"..."Pink," etc. i love it love it love doesn’t bring her work home much anyway, so there isn’t a lot of paper lying around for those damned pro-con hasn’t touched anyone but him in nineteen years. And she has become especially fond of the color pink. After Jess, it is her favorite color.

Jeez, that was a long one. I should have just been like, "I loved it. Every freakin' word. Okay. Done." LOL Anyway, great job as usual. :) :)
Shouhei chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
Hello dear!

This was an amazing one-shot! The pink icicle lights remind me of something Lorelai would have in her house... and as we all know, Rory is definitely a slightly tweaked version of her mother ;) lol. The entire storyline was wonderful, and a little sad. I kind of liked the 2nd person pt. of view; it gave the story a little something extra, I think! When she said that Jess was her favorite color, I was like "aw!" Such a lovely, lovely little story! I adored it, so keep up the good work! I'm still waiting on the next chappy of OCOL! I can't wait to read it! Luv ya bunches, my dear!

Defy Gravity

~Sara
Amelie chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
I like this. It is different in a good way. The whole time I was reading, I could see the color pink in front of me. And even though I'm usually not a fan of the color, it really gave the story somthing extra.

I also think the way you wrote it ("It’s in second person, I suppose, so bear with me.") was an interesting way to make it special. I can bear with you :)
tegan chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
beautiful. no other word for it. (maybe extraordinary and wonderful and touching)...wow...just wow.
smile1 chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
Hey,

Extraordinary! Amazingly written! Beautiful portrayel of the characters! And, my favorite, the way you turned a simple subject into something so complicated. I loved this.

Bye, smile :-)