Reviews for Kame
KrazyKat001 chapter 11 . 3/12
I *finally* read your fabulous story. One of the best Yugioh fic out there!

I read the ending and, admittedly, was a little confused. I re-read three times and suddenly realization dawned on me. Took me while to get it.

Here's my theory on the ending:

Yuugi was still in Egypt, playing the last test. Only he didn't fully realized it at the time. The only hint he was given was from a random stranger on the bus, most likely one of the Egyptian gods, and he actually encouraged (cryptically, of course) Yuugi by saying, "Don't fail."

The tests that his friends took required a price, by having them faced their worst demons or fears. This last test Yuugi didn't realized he was facing required his inner most fear: the loss of his friends.

In the earlier chapters, Ishtar mentioned that the doll was a prison which the pharaoh's soul - Atemu. Remember when Yuugi given everything to Atemu, his memories, his blood, even his soul? The moment Yuugi strike the doll, plunging the blade into the doll's chest, the powerful bond connecting between him and the doll - affected Yuugi in the process. Yuugi, who acts as the physic barrier for collateral damage, was dying. Part of me wonder if Yuugi knew that by "killing" the doll, he was also killing himself. At the same time, by striking a blade into the doll, it actually shattered the prison, freeing Atemu in the process.

"I have lost," was the voice belonged to Bakura who sincerely didn't believed Yuugi would passed the test. Bakura even stripped the doll of its voice, forcing Yuugi to sink deeper into his solitude without any friendship or love. And with no support in this illusioned world, I guess Bakura was hoping Yuugi to commit suicide. Hence, failing the test. He certainly didn't expect Yuugi to strike the one thing he cherished for nearly a decade.

Lastly, Yuugi's wish was to remain with Atemu's side forever. Since he passed the trial (without even aware of it), his wish has finally been granted. At the brink of his death, Yuugi heard a familiar baritone voice calling his name one last time. In the end, you'll find two dolls embracing each other, meaning that Yuugi himself had turned into a doll so he can remain with his koi for the rest of eternity.

Anyway, that's my theory on how this ended. :D

(Plus, I am *so* glad you did not go for your first initial ending with Yuugi going insane and everything he went through so far was all in his head. That would've too tragic. I love your second ending, though. The ending left on a more happier note.)
karia curtis chapter 11 . 6/16/2014
This was a good story even though the ending was sad. I liked it when you had yuugi and mou hitori no boku reveal their feelings to each other.
xfallenangel13x chapter 11 . 10/7/2013
Gods, I love this fanfiction SO MUCH. I first read it about 2 yrs ago, actually. And it was the first Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic I ever read. This is the thing that inspired me to write fanfictions of my own!
You have no idea how much I cried when I first finished it, and finishing it again is making me all nostalgic

It's sad, but it's perfect.

Love your works 3
Autumnrainingleaves chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Autumn: *many tears* Why did you do that?

Rika: We hate the ending, but loved the story.

Autumn: Yes.. Thank you for writing this story.
Iggy Valentine chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Hello again awesome story, I wasn't able to find you for years but now that I've found you I'll never let go!

Haha but seriously this one goes under the category of being a classic for me.
andysanime chapter 11 . 6/4/2011
Really good job on this story.
XamierTheNobody chapter 4 . 4/16/2011
Is english your first language? Because you spell countless word incorrectly! It's Gamers not Gamiest, in an earlier chapter you spelt Come as Home. I can't even remember all the mistakes you made because there is so many! You should either get a beta or learn proper english because it's really annoying
m chapter 11 . 8/18/2010
Such a wonderful story! And such a great ending, and everything :D One of my favourites, really!
NHST chapter 4 . 4/8/2010
Yuugi wanted to run… he wanted to run away… get somebody… anybody to help. But as he looked on at the young girl with little brown hair… her auburn eyes widened considerably. Time stood still for Yuugi… he felt himself drifting away again… into that black abyss… where darkness was everywhere. He tried to restrain himself. He left his windpipes tighten. His vision blurry… his heart pounded faster as he saw one of the thugs grab hold of the girl. He watched her kick and scream… before the two… both went over the pier. His amethyst eyes widened… his pupils grew smaller… and smaller. A golden ray of light transcended the street.

"Let's game a play."

do you mean play a game?
Yami-no-Tamashii chapter 6 . 2/22/2010
Day-um, your chapters are LONG, girl! I was reading for like HOURS, and I looked up and realized I was only on Chapter 6. T_T

GAH! SOO LONG! BUT CAN'T STOP!

But seriously, unless I want to like, kill my eyes, I'll have to take a break. I'll read the next four chapters tomorrow. xD

This is a great story!

~Darkie
Megan Russo chapter 11 . 7/19/2009
Ouch ... the ending just made me say Ouch and AWW over and over and over again i can't belive that that happened at the end with the semi parallel univers type thing. when he killed him self me and my friend were like WHAT! Any way you are one crazy fantastic author with a mind for really good writing. I REALLY wish that yami and yugi always stay together forever and ever and ever. YOU ROCK
sakura angel dark chapter 11 . 3/2/2009
I love this story
yours.to.hold chapter 11 . 11/28/2008
SPOILERS FOR END. IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED YET LOOK AWAY UNLESS YOU WANT TO RUIN THE WHOLE THING!

Sorry. Sometimes I look at reviews to decide what on my list to read I want to read first and the end is so amazing I didn't want to ruin it.

Anyways. Loved the story! I thought it was VERY well writen and interesting and the only problem was that some of the chapters were really long. That's not really a problem I just prefer short ones... Anyways. I think the end was the most ingenius thing EVER. It was so damn depressing I just want to go cry for a few hours. Not... that'd I'd do that or anything... Part of what made it so amazing is that I wasn't expecting it. Let's face it, on FanFiction most people don't write sad endings. The good guys always win. And the best part is that in yours they did... until the very end where they all die... it reminds me of a book I read where the whole book was about trying to keep this one daughter alive and then in the end the other died in a car crash. Yours was better than that even.

Anyways, LOVED IT!
Umbrae Calamitas chapter 11 . 11/23/2008
Okay, this fic was great and awesome and totally kicked ass...

Up until the end.

I loved it, up until that part. How Yugi died... still kind of confuses me. If that was all an illusion... oh. Well, maybe I get it, but... yeah...

*sigh* I'm sorry. It was great, but the ending seems... unfulfilling. I guess I really was looking forward to a happy ending. I figured Yugi would wake up in the hospital and that the whole thing at the end - the illusion of his friends leaving him behind - was the real trial.

Meh. It was good. You write very well (I saw some spelling errors and a few words you accidentally left out, but no biggie), and your plot is very good. I just need... happiness. Heh. I guess I'm just a little pissed off at Fate. She should be kinder to poor Yugi. He's lost so much. Couldn't she have graced him with but one small wish...

~ Umbrae Calamitas

Live long. Live well. Write. Read. Dream.
twilightserius chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
so sad and lonely i wanna cuddle him too