Reviews for Seven Scattered Scrolls
Rian Steelsheen chapter 7 . 6/25/2010
I love the glimpse of Faramir as a father :)

Hmm wet Faramir... Eowyn is so lucky!
Rian Steelsheen chapter 5 . 6/25/2010
Lol stressed Faramir is cute! Great depiction of his emotions!
Rian Steelsheen chapter 4 . 6/25/2010
My answer would be that he believed Minas Tirith and all the war lost (and he had his reasons, the guy couldn't foresee Ghân-buri-Ghân or the army of death, and there are hints that lead me to believe that he saw Frodo prisoner in Cirith ungol in the Palantir. What was he supposed to think?), he thought Faramir lost (he couldn't have foreseen Aragorn either), and so he wanted to spare him further suffering. What would have happened had the Orcs found him and his dying son? They would have tormented them, killed them, and then played with their bodies... I'm sure Denethor preferred to see their bodies disappear in flames rather than in the hands of Orcs.

Also to have Faramir burned with him would link them in death forever (they would have their ashes mixed, erk), and this would have been uppermost on his mind after all that happened between them. And finally, it's a very powerful and aesthetic way to die, in a way. I'm not saying he was right, just understandable.

The guy had already lost his beloved wife long ago, now his two sons, and finally his city! It's easy for people who lost everything to turn crazy. I truly think Faramir would understand his father, pity him and forgive him rather than resent him. I know I pity him.

I loved how you showed Gandalf's affection for the curious child and his compassion and sorrow for the adult.

"the heart and mind can hold greater mysteries than all the lore of fallen Númenor" cool line. I like it. :)
Rian Steelsheen chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
"The Haradrim who now assail Ithilien shall bring us tribute on their knees."

and then:

"I will construct great libraries and colleges."

I laughed at loud at this! Really funny, intended or not!

In fact, the whole thing seemed rather funny to me, even if I know it's a very dramatic moment.

I liked how you showed the increasing temptation and then the realisation.
Rian Steelsheen chapter 2 . 6/25/2010
So sad...
Rian Steelsheen chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
lovely! :)
Jassmine de Blanc chapter 7 . 6/23/2008
Aw, wet!Faramir! :)

Very nice family moment! Short and very sweet!

All in all, I LOVED this series of drabbles, it was well-written and meaningful! Congratulations and thanks for a great read! :)
Jassmine de Blanc chapter 6 . 6/23/2008
Wow. And hot. ;) I wonder... if your writing of a "morning after" scene has so much sensuality in it, how hot would a "weding night" fic written by you...? *blush*

I loved this, you capture Eowyn's perspective so well, and the dynamics between them is great! :)
Jassmine de Blanc chapter 5 . 6/23/2008
Well, this was simply... breathtaking. Bravo! :)
Jassmine de Blanc chapter 4 . 6/23/2008
Gandalf's p.o.v! Yay! Loved it, and especially the glimpses to scholar!Faramir. And how much wisdom here: "the heart and mind can hold greater mysteries than all the lore of fallen Númenor." Very beautiful!
Jassmine de Blanc chapter 3 . 6/23/2008
I felt these thoughts as somehow belonging to movie!Faramir, but this is a very beautiful piece nevertheless! I especially liked the mentioning of "libraries and colleges". :) And very good writing as well, you showed Faramir's "strem of consciousness" really well, with the memory of Gandalf being the turning point in his rationing... :) Great job!
Jassmine de Blanc chapter 2 . 6/23/2008
Oh, my... how sad. And beautiful. :)
Jassmine de Blanc chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Wow. This was absolutely beautiful! Alas for Boromir, he never got back to see his city or brother again... *sigh* Perfect writing and touching moment! :)
sendmerainstorms chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
I love the concept for thi story!

well done!
Captain Pagie chapter 6 . 8/1/2005
I loved these little bits! I also liked how it slowly transeferred from Boromir, to Faramir, then to Eowyn. That was great.

Rock on!

LiL Pippin Padfoot (Lady Haleth)

*Representin' the C-Town Stew Crew: Friends for life!**