Reviews for Dark Adaptation
Cynical0range chapter 3 . 2/1/2014
omigawd! tsuzuki as a demented purple bubble is hilarious! and who would have known that muraki would have complex about his weight? i was not expecting such humor when i saw that horror is one of the genres but i'm very glad for it.
ginsGirl chapter 30 . 12/16/2012
I have to say I love your attention to detail and use of some serious research into Roman Catholic demonology and cross mythologies. Bravo!

This is one of the fanfictions that I pull out to read front to back every now and then. It feels like hanging out with old friends. :)
There are only a few authors I do that with...like Tolkien, Anne Rice, Frank Herbert, Nigel Bennett &PN Elrod, so you're in good company
Happy go lucky chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
new chapter? I will wait 10 more years if I have to get my dark adaptation fix!
Guest chapter 32 . 10/11/2012
Uptade! Update now! NOW GOD DAMIT! I cant sleep, i read the story all over and over again.
Captive Princess chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
MurakixTsuzuki
kuulas chapter 32 . 8/16/2011
Dark Adaptation has been so far the best ynm fanfiction ever! I wish that you could update soon or maybe just give some life signs that this series is going to continue. I just love it!
Celina chapter 32 . 8/14/2011
I have to say that this is the most well written, well thought-out DoD fanfiction I've ever read. I also adore long stories, and this one is definitely up there with 660,948 words the deleted chapter.

The characterization is amazing, and you've given them all so much depth. Characters that I have pretty much ignored now all seem so interesting! Your OCs are amazing as well, and that's coming from someone who's not a big fan of original characters at all.

DoD is quite an old series, and I've pretty much forgotten about it until I read this. Muraki/Tsuzuki is probably my oldest OTP, but I've never really found anyone who is able to write them to my taste as this couple is extremely hard to work with. Usually Muraki becomes too much of a good guy, or Tsuzuki is just an unwilling victim, or their relationship ends up like a dark, angst-filled hole where there is more anger and hate than love, and the whole thing becomes so frustrating and heavy. However, you've managed to capture them just right for me, and I can't thank you enough.

I noticed that this is still unfinished and you haven't updated for a while, so I'm a little worried since I love your writing so much. Just want to say that you've renewed my love for the manga that first introduced me to yaoi, and I (as well as many others) will be waiting with bated breath for more of this masterpiece. Please write more soon!
Simca chapter 32 . 1/10/2011
UPDATE SOON!

PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEE!
Apples chapter 29 . 11/30/2010
I've just spent ages reading through this fanfic. And it's definitely my favourite one! You've made the characters so interesting and fun, mixed very hot scenes with very, VERY creepy ones (I love them!) and it's just overall very enjoyable to read. I hope you haven't given up on this story yet! It must take ages to write though, what with the chapters being so long and descriptive. The work you put into it is definitely appreciated.

Before I hop onto the next chapter which is supposedly the long awaited Muraki/Tsuzuki lemon, I'll just point out my favourite and least favourite parts!

I just adored the Blank-Faced Scepters! They were strangely adorable with their constant offerings of tea. I miss them, the poor things. Oh, and pretty much every scene with Muraki and Tsuzuki has been incredible. As well as the friendship between Tsuzuki and Watari. I've never really thought about Oriya/Watari as a possible pairing before, but... hey, I guess it works!

For the least favourite, there's really not much I can say. This story seems to have a lot of depth and a well thought-out, intriguing plot which I can't wait to see how it ends! The only things that's miffed me a little bit is how in this chapter (29), we suddenly get Japanese words that have never been used in the story before? I don't know, it just feels like those words could have easily been translated into English ones. I don't mind the use of name suffixes at all, since it adds a bit to the Japanese setting, but throwing in other words here and there sadly feels like it takes a bit from the overall feeling of the story.

That's just my two cents anyway.

Oh well, off to the next chapter! (It's almost four in the morning here and I have school during the day... but I don't care. See how intriguing I find this fic? haha)

Lastly, thanks for a great story I do hope you continue with it.
Qwertzu chapter 32 . 9/3/2010
this is my most favourite YnM story of all times! please say you will finish it one day? pretty please with a cherry on top? Hickok-samaaaaa! dont abandon your faithful readers!
Yuki Valons chapter 32 . 7/2/2010
Hiya Hickok! Sorry again about the late, late review! Just wanted to say I really enjoy reading the improved chapters, as well as the second part of chapter 6.

I love how Tsuzuki was teased after his date with the doctor. Muraki will probably be hurt to hear that he only kisses "fine", even though the rest of us knows otherwise *perverted grin*.

It's very interesting to see Ichibana so unsure and hurt, since it always seems so confident in itself. There are several mentions that Ichibana have "given birth" before (unless I've read something wrong), and I'm just wondering if djinni have any sort of attachment to their children, or if it is more like a business deal or trade for them.

I feel terrible for Watari and his abuse as a child. The horrifying events actually reminded me of Sybil, the poor lady who developed dissociative identity disorder due to childhood abuse. Watari really needs to find another outlet for his frustration and anger though, as rough sex with a stranger isn't very healthy at all. I'm glad that Orias intervened.

As always, I loved the physical manifestations of the character's fears and nightmares. (I looked up that Mirror Room scene online, and it really freaked me out. Silent Hill has a tendency of doing that to me.)

Oddly enough, it also reminded me of a game called Portal, even though visually the two games are quite different. It's probably the psychological mind games present in both Silent Hill and Portal. (I think you'll enjoy playing it very much.) The ending of that game brought to mind how Tsuzuki, Muraki and Watari's fears are "alive" and plaguing them, even after their death.

In Portal, the protagonist is pretty much forced to participate in a series of puzzles by a seemingly helpful computer AI, who promises cake and grief counseling as her reward if she manages to pass all the tests. Throughout the game, there are repeated messages of "the cake is a lie", and the words of the computer become more and more sinister. In one chamber, the AI introduces a Companion Cube which helps you pass the puzzle and becomes very much like your only "friend", despite the fact that it is an inanimate object, only to force you to "euthanize" it to proceed to the next test. (I've never felt so bad about "killing" a cube.) Poems lamenting the death of the Companion Cube are then found inscribed in the following chambers, just so the player feels as bad as possible. At the end, the protagonist tries to destroy the AI and fails, with the computer singing an extremely creepy song in a light hearted tune during the credits. Part of it goes like this:

"I've experiments to run.

There is research to be done.

On the people who are still alive.

And believe me I am still alive.

I'm doing Science and I'm still alive.

I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still alive.

While you're dying I'll be still alive.

And when you're dead I will be still alive."

I just can't help but get the feeling and image of something like that computer gleefully watching Tsuzuki, Muraki and Watari fighting through their fears, and rejoicing in the pain that it is able to inflict by forcing them to relive what scares them the most.

Now if only Orias will get back with Ichibana, because the djinni needs more love, and he's just so much more fun when he's not all depressed and teary.

Ack, now this has turned into another monster review, so I better wrap it up. Can't wait to see the rest of the improved chapters, and hopefully a new chapter soon! Keep up the good work and I hope to see another update in the near future!

-Yuki
Charlie chapter 32 . 6/21/2010
Where is chapter 33? I will be very upset to find out if this story is discontinued.

From,

Charlie Parker.
WItchy Willow chapter 32 . 6/10/2010
Long time - no see/review!

My, my I love the "new and improved chapters" but I want new ones too! Can I bribe you with a cookie? Oh wow where to begin. I just adore this novel. Everything is so beautifully described and flows. I hate waiting so long between chapters but once you update it was always worth the wait. (Says the girl to took forever to review.)

The update, chapter 32/6, is great. I had to go back and reread the entire thing - which is why it took this long to post a review. Plus, I wanted to see what new additions you made with the 2009 update. I haven't been able to get around to reading fanfics for a year! I love Bana so I'm glad he's become a more involved character. (I'm still sad for Yutaka - how mean was that?)
Yami Otaku chapter 30 . 5/21/2010
I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH!

Only have two more chapters left and i want more...

Oriya and Watari are such a cute couple! I never really considered them being couple until i read this, but now i like them even more than i like Mur/Tsu! *SHOT, BRICK'D AND TOMATO'D BY THE MUR/TSU FANGIRLS*

I totally love how you have conversations with the main characters in the beginning and end of some chapters. It's really funny!

KYAAAAAAA WRITE MORE!
Qwertzu chapter 32 . 2/28/2010
omg, took me days to read through all of this but this is f*cking AMAZING! and no OOC for the most part... Im seriously in love with this story, please update soon! *hearteyes*