Reviews for Concrete Angel
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
I completely agree. Terra was ... complicated.

I'm not part of the Terra-bashing crowd. The way I see it, she was a confused, frightened, damaged, YOUNG girl who fell under the sway of the most manipulative, evil, conniving, slimy sunuvabitch on the planet. She never had a chance, once Slade got her in his sights.
Did she do bad things?
Yes. Terrible things. She did awful things to those who only wanted to help her. But she was operating under false assumptions, and under the influence of some spectacularly bad leadership.
I tend to cut her a LOT of slack. Even so, when she shows up in my stories, most of the time she's still working through Some Major Issues (depression, guilt complex, feelings of inferiority, etc.)

Thank you very much for sharing your insights through this story.
fanficfantasies chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Hey... this was great! I love reading and writing songfics. :) Thanks for writing!
IamtotallyKewlio chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Mua, ha, ha! A fellow country music listener!

I actually had the idea for this story, but you did much better than I could have! Good job! :)
RobinRocks chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
Nicely done, I love Terra, but I find that a lot of people don't. But like you said,you don't have to actually LIKE her to understand this. The song was well-fitted too - seriously, nice word. I've always thought that the BBxTerra storyline is probably the saddest that there has been in Teen Titans. For example, Robin was blackmailed and turned to evil, but he was saved and redeemed by his friends; and Raven destroyed the world, but eventually she conquered both herself and her father and restored the world to normal. Both of them got out...

...But there was never anything else for Terra. She wasn't saved, because she couldn't be. And I know there has been "Things Change" now, but you know what I mean. The Terra of Season Two was always too lost to begin with.

Nice work, anyway...

- RobinRocks x
SushiChica chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
God, that song gave me shivers just reading it in the context of this story. Brilliant. I really loved the small hint of RaeBB...but the fact that you don't let it eclipse the fact that this is about Terra and living with the fact that she's cone.

*applauds*
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
Wow. I guess there isn't a limit to original, creative one-shots that fully deal with a character- and here's a third side to the drama that is Terra. I haven't tried tackling her yet, in a story, but I do like a few small points you made. She isn't a villain or a hero- she's in between, and that's the reason so few people can have a good rendition of her. You've gone above and beyond the normal.
Account-Is-No-Longer-Active chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
that was a great story, it puts a really interesting light on Terra, I also like how you fitted a little but of BB/Rae in there.
Lady Moon-Chan chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
Awesome! I already loved this song, and the interpretation of Terra is very acurate! You're right by the way. The title of the song alone describes her perfectly, but the song adds depth.
F O R L O R N - F A T E chapter 1 . 5/27/2005
Wow...this was really good. The song described Terra perfectly...though I never heard of it. It was a beautiful story, I especially liked the ending. Nice job.
pirate-gurl15 chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
...Wow...this is really good. You're right the song describes Terra perfectly, it should be called Terra! This also very well written. It had such depth and emotion, I swear my eyes went all teary at some parts. Amazing! You are brilliant.
CDNAB23 chapter 1 . 3/16/2005
*tear* Heart touching
KrazywithaK chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
SO GOOD! I actually pity her now...sorry, used to have major issues with the girl.
CidGregor chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
Utter brilliance. That's all I can say. Utter brilliance. Fantastic song, fantastic story, fantastic everything. Bravo, man, Bravo.
J.B. Writer chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Man that was a tearer upper... (tissues) Why do I keep reading sad stories? I DUNNO!

But enough of my sorrow. On with your fic!

The song you chose is really beautfiul. Listening to it while reading really got me hard. Terra does get the shaft at times doesn't she? I mean even when I watched the show I really didn't 'feel' for her when she gave her life. But this song and this fic kinda made the light go off for some reason. Don't know why exactly.

I guess I can relate to the way you wrote about her searching for her 'home'. Cause that's all a teen wants right? Just a place to call home. I guess that message just hit 'home' with me. ;)

Anyway I can't stop thinking how good this is. Awesome writing, awesome song, and awesomeness all around. Happy writtin'!
Aki Hotaru chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
Wow. Interesting choice of a song, though I've never heard it before. The title of it describes Terra though. I'm like you, I can't decide whethere I lihe her or not. I mean, she betrayed the Titans, but also risked her life for the town, but...she was so mean to Beast Boy. You could see the hurt in his eyes...

Anyhew, I really liked it, the words matched up with the lyrics. You remain one of my most favourite authors! Keep writing, and I'll keep reading!