Reviews for Mixed Company
danielpaul chapter 2 . 4/1/2014
Super way to work in the tales here. I like how Hinata used them...I wonder if they went right over Naruto's head though? Good chapter.
danielpaul chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
Very good opening chapter. I like the unusual idea that you are using here. I will read on.
Nemrut chapter 16 . 3/24/2010
Absolutely loved it, Hinata, Jiraya, Naruto, the Jonin, Akatsuki all were written masterfully.

Yet once again the other girls of the same age proved to be complete douches
animusic96 chapter 16 . 2/19/2010
That. Is. Frawesome. 8D

I love, love everything about this story. It's very well-written :D the emphasizes gave just the right feel~

Keep up the great work! :D
Profool chapter 7 . 7/24/2009
Despite his uncharacteristic meditative mood, and the truths he faced every day, Naruto could help but smile, imaging a letter he might write:

Dear Akatsuki

I have recently realized that I might be able to have feelings for a girl. I know, this is hard to believe, and it’s difficult to think of anyone…other than member-Kisame…who might have more trouble getting a date.

So, since I find that I might actually be human after all… and not all those other things that people have called me… I ask that you give up your plans to capture me and ruin my otherwise dreadful life.

And, even though I think that member-Itachi is probably an ever worse rat bastard than his selfish younger brother, I will think of you all in the fondest regards, should you grant me my wish.

To those seven I have not had the displeasure to meet, we should do lunch some day.

Yours truly,

Uzumaki Naruto

Hokage-to-be

P.S.

Kyuubi sends along love and kisses.

/\

/ \

Priceless

i applaud you i really like this story and its prequel it's well written like many of your other stories

The Profool
Gong Ju chapter 16 . 4/5/2009
Simply one of my favorite Naruto and Hinata stories. Perfect ending, in my honest opinion. I love the slap-stick humor, the interaction between Hinata and Naruto, and the progression in their characters. It's great that in the end it was Hinata's courage and determination that saved Naruto. Can't always have Naruto saving the day. Minute rant: Very sick and tired of having Naruto always show up at the last minute to rescue poor Hinata who can't fend for herself, have them fall madly in love, have sex, and then make millions of babies. Ick. End rant. My favorite scenes are 1-the scene where Naruto pretends that enemies are attacking the camp and instead of cowering, Hinata jumps out to help him, 2-the ramen noodle scene (loved the image of Naruto in an apron) and 3-where Hinata tells him that it's her duty to protect him and let's him know just how much she cares. Awesome...
Demimeg chapter 16 . 7/11/2008
Well dave-d, for the past 20 hours i have read nearlly all the naruto fanfics that you have written. I like this one the best so far, but all of them have been rather enjoyable.

I expecialy liked the one called 'you cant always get what you want'. it made me cry... although that was probably due to my high level of emotion vulnerablility caused by a bad day at a new job and the fact that it was around 3 inthe morning when i read it... but non-the-less, it did and thats worth saying something.

I also liked the one called 'mighty oaks from tiny acorns grow'. i found that it was insiteful in a way that i had never read about or had ever realy thought about in full. I can totaly see naruto going back to the orphanage to give to the children what had been denied to himself, absolutly in character to his noble selflessness of needing to create change in the world.

I also liked that in many (if not all) of your stories you incorperate wellknown and lesserknown myths, stories and otherwise folklore that relate to the characters and the plots and actions within them. To me it is the mark of a well versed writer.

Just two critics:

1) Many of your stories sound distressingly simmilar to each other, and while each one is diffrent the main theam seems to have stayed the same... now i know this is because, as you have allready said, you write what you like to read, i have no problem with that... and it does appear that you have grown in your writing as you have gone allong, BUT donot be afraid to try something new or shake things up abit. Try some new plots and story techneeks... im not saying that you have to change or demanding that you post an entirly new story, im just saying Try it out and mabey you can broded the range of stories that you like.

and 2) All your stories have fabulose plots and the charactor interaction between Naruto and Hinata is simply perfect... anything a NaruHina4Life devotee could ask for... BUT ...

Im sorry, i just dont like your endings! they just END! after all that character bildup and allthe pain and suffering, to let the story just end when things are finnaly starting to look up for our favorit couple... its just rude.

If you could, and im asking this as a fan, try to let the story go on just a little longer so that we can relax at ease and let the characters ENJOY each other for a while? im not taking about smutt or lemons (although im not against them, im not a pervert either...ihope) im just talking about a Romatic AntiClimax... For example: in this fic 'mixed company' their had only been one real kiss, and that had occured under the extream condisions of a life-or-death situation... tis such a shame. its not nice to tease your fans in such a way EXPECIALY the NaruHina fans.

[although i must say the closet sean in 'spin the bottle' was absoulutly hot Hot HOT!, it made me giggle in a terrible way, i actualy scared myself, but if they were to have kissed while they were 'doing it' i would have just died right there in my seat... it would have been fablulose! but alas it twas not to be]

Thank you for the many hours of entertainment that you have provided me... i look forwared to reading your next work. I have every intention of adding you to my FavoritAuthors list once this F-cking site recognizes my login again.

Much Luv~ Demimeg (minor goddess of teenlove and insecurities)

PS: please do not contact me by my login (if i ever get it working) contact the address this is sent by...

...my sister is tired of getting my mail...
Giant Turkey Sub chapter 16 . 5/4/2008
Very nice and throughly enjoyable.

Thanks for your work! _
just delete this goddamn acc chapter 16 . 4/2/2008
WOW. That was absolutely BRILLIANT! Great use of grammar and correct spelling, a decent plot, depth, emotionally driven stories (I also loved to little folklore tales that cropped up from time to time) and a good look at the inner workings of several of my favourite characters. Nice work. Favourited.
EtoileEyes chapter 16 . 3/12/2008
What a wonderful story. I have to agree with your reviewers that this was a very plausible way to bring Naruto and Hinata together. Å on character development. I see that you've been on a bit of a hiatus from FanFiction. I hope to see more stories from you and I know my husband does as well (he's a big fan of Christmas Cake and it's sequels). Also, if you are doing writing elsewhere, we'd love a link. You are a very gifted story teller not unlike those that you retell in your stories. Keep up the great work! :)
spiderninja16 chapter 16 . 10/13/2007
What I loved about this fic is that you did NOT have them just become together the fist paragraph but went though chapters of edge of seat enjoyment and character development till both of them had exactly the same feelings for each other.

Definutly one of my faves.
Quackpotty chapter 16 . 9/6/2007
I loved this story! I really enjoyed reading all the folk tales. I think If you like that sort of thing, you'd probably enjoy the 'Song of Albion' trilogy by an author named Stephen R Lawhead. There's loads of these sorts of tales set in British mythology. V. Good!

I enjoyed the way Naruto joked around with the ant-eater towards the end too. Did you make a sequel? It might be fun to read. Thanks again and NJOY!
t-dugong chapter 16 . 9/21/2006
Hi

I'd like to congratulate you on a lovely story :) It certainly have style, and you really made Naruto and Hinata YOUR own characters here.

By the way, love those tales. Do you know where i can find more of them?
Andrius chapter 16 . 9/20/2006
Yep, awsome story.
Andrius chapter 13 . 9/20/2006
That's all great. But why didn't Hinata use Byakugan in the cave? She wouldn't have to use fire jutsu or endanger herself by nearly falling into pits :)