Reviews for Once Upon a Time
J.W. Appel chapter 9 . 8/7/2010
Okay but not as good as the original.
Anon chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
Very imaginative I must say. The Fairy Godmother is my favourite character in the films so it was interesting to hear the story from her point of view and to find out she isn't pure evil. There are just a few things I wanted to clear up with you though. I find it hard to believe that she wouldn't try and kill Shrek and Fiona given her casual regard to murder and the fact that she had already tried to kill Shrek, Donkey and Puss-In-Boots on a number of occasions. Also being a fairy is not a career choice, fairies are a species. You have to be born a fairy to be one. Being a fairy godmother is a career choice however but you have to be a fairy to be a fairy godmother. Also you mentioned that Charming knew his mother was not immortal, actually fairies are immortal, but not indestructable, just so you know. Also I found it interesting that FG's real name is Belinda Larae. Did you know that Belinda means 'beautiful snake'? Rather fitting for the Fairy Godmother's personality.

I have read the whole story now. I do love a happy ending. It rounds off a story nicely and sends you off with a warm fuzzy feeling.

All in all a very creative and interesting read.

Keep up the good work.

PS: I've never tried Oreos, they sound delicious.
Allergic-to-Paradox chapter 9 . 7/30/2006
Well, I read this story a good couple of weeks ago, and I'll have you know that it has been in my head ever since. Perhaps in revenge for me not reviewing the first time I read it. . This also has been in my head as the 'real' version of Fg's past, ergo when I watch the movies, that is what I am thinking... Very fine work all around... perhaps Charming will give Doris some tips on makeup application...lol..

Allyp

"Morgan took a sip and now it has his ameobas in it..." -Bo
BookRose chapter 9 . 3/19/2006
This was a nice finish, even though I find it a bit abrupt. There was still alot that could've been explored like Rose's aversion to Harold, Doris and FGM Charming, And the whole other very obvious triangle. However I totally understand that it was simply that there was alot else to do and beside this ending is quite acceptable as well as very touching and irresistibly romantic. I remember when I was so shcoked and sad when we all though Frederick has been killed in his ogre form...although now that I think of it, I horribly unhappy for that ogre now, if anything cause it was a mammoth injustice. But now that all is well with Belinda and Fred, even though she was so UNBELIEVABLY stubborn. I have no other reason to complain and just hope that when you find the time that you will keep writing. Later!

BookRose
Gadfly chapter 9 . 2/17/2006
Well, it was a long wait, but it was certainly worth it. A very nice, sweet ending to your story. Well, saga, actually, since this concludes (for now?) the storyline from your previous prequel and two tied-in one-shots. And I must say, you've done a marvelous job of turning the Fairy Godmother into a three-dimentional character with which we can sympathize, or at least empathize, even as she sometimes descends into, shall we say, less-than-ethical behaviour.

Your sub-plot with Charming's budding independence and his relationship with Doris was also handled quite well as you have him finally "grow up" into true manhood.

This story - saga - is a true gem. Bravo!
Leah chapter 9 . 2/6/2006
Nice Ending. I knew Lillian's plan would work from the start! Glad the fairygod mother's doing good deeds instead of being evil; she's my fourth or fith favorite character in the movie.

Please I want to see what happens to Lillian and her they talk or what? ;D
Nightw2 chapter 9 . 2/5/2006
Aw. :-) Good thing I put you on Author Alert, Mandy of the Amoeba, or I would have missed this. I mean, I've only recently seen Shrek 2 myself and it WAS a pretty good movie. I have to admit that this IS a pretty darn good fan-fic follow-up to that movie. :)
Maleficent Angel chapter 9 . 2/5/2006
Aw... I like it! A fantastic ending to a fabulous story! I agree with you - the story really doesn't need an epilogue (although, if the muse takes you, I won't complain).

Beautiful - simply beautiful. I love happy endings.
TrudiRose chapter 9 . 2/5/2006
Aww, very sweet ending! That was lovely. I'm glad you were finally able to finish it.
Leah chapter 8 . 2/2/2006
I'm a person of few words, but DUDE! Please hurry up with them updates so I can read what happens to the Fairy godmother when she sees Rose with Fredrick! Pleasse! I'm on my knes,dude!
Amelia chapter 8 . 1/2/2006
Ok, I read all the chapters so far and I LOVE them! this is an awesome story! Alot of my friends call me the fairy godmother because I remind them so much of her (personality wise that is) So far you have described me spot on! lol! Any way you are a wonderful writer and I can't wait to read the rest of this story!

Cheers

Amelia
Kittensbreath chapter 8 . 11/2/2005
Brilliant! But poor Fairy Godmother...seeing Frederick with *gasp* another woman! Update soon.
KittyLilly chapter 8 . 8/9/2005
YAY! Finally! Awesome update-though things don't exactly appear to be going as planned...

Must have more!
TrudiRose chapter 8 . 8/9/2005
I'm glad you updated this! I liked it. Looking forward to seeing if Frederick and FGM do get back together!
Maleficent Angel chapter 8 . 8/9/2005
Oops. Pity that no-one listened to Frederick! Nice chapter - and nice to see you back on this story! Can't wait for the next chapter

X