Reviews for I Am Two Fools
the-inked-quill chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
Wow. This is amazing. The characterization made Celeborn and Galadriel leap off the page.
ziyiqing chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
May I ask you a favor? I would like to translate this fiction into Chinese and share it with fans in China. I promise to indicate original author and URL and that no money would be made from it. Please let me know if I may have the permission and honor to do so.
Equilly chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
I love this story- your writing style, your characterization, and really, everything about it. I love the imagery (silver and red) and the narrative style you chose to use; I really can't leave a review, because I'm not sure what to say, except that your characters are wonderfully complex, your writing beautiful, and the idea of the upcoming storm almost heartbreaking.

Best!

-claire
HRT chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
Very well done. The complicated relationship between Galadriel and Celeborn has always been one of the most interesting parts of the Silmarillion. I think you did a good job on all the ins and outs of their tricky progress towards marriage.
La-p'tite-tete chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
That's just perfect.
Greensleeves the Great chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
This is really good! I liked the part where they're arguing about whether Celeborn is infatuated with Artanis or not. Also when Galadriel announces her new name in front of the whole court.

Have you read Marnie's 'Oak and Willow'? It's a fairly long story about the courtship of Celeborn and Galadriel and what happens when the Sindar find out about the Kinslaying. I think you'd like it.

Cheers,

Greensleeves
aisarikka chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
I LOVE! You've made them so...believably young!
greywing chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
*happy,happy sigh*

Beautifully done, and what a marvelous portrayal of Celeborn!
jibade7 chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
Oh yes! Few and far between fabulous Celeborn portrayals and you did it. I wish for more of them. Oh yeah, Galadriel was in here, too, wasn't she? You did this perfectly. The style you wrote it in added to the play between the two. Thank you for this. It only took me a year and 1/2 to find it that encourages me on my hunt.
Rugi chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
So I started at the very last page under Sil. on and have been slowly forward reading everything that looks interesting to me. I think you have done such a wonderful job here with Galadriel and Celeborn. There are almost too many good in character, vivid lines to quote but I have to say that I love the description of "picturesque" faces. The Noldor tendency to over-dress has never been remarked on so crushingly. I am also impressed by how well you showed that it doesn't matter that Celeborn doesn't match her in POWER. He is far more able to handle her personally which is far more important. Celeborn is brash and mysterious and confident and clear sighted - I love it.
Oshun chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
This is one of my all time fanfiction favorite stories. I love the characterizations of Celeborn and Galadriel-I really believe them as you paint them. I love the use John Donne quote that you picked-works for me. I also like the fact that it is such an adult love story. I envy your talent-I intend to sit right down and read all of your other stories!

Thanks- Oshun
RavenLady chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
I don't write many reviews because I'm not very articulate about it, but I have to say that the humor in this piece is a cut above most Tolkien humor, because everyone is completely in character and the writing is gorgeous. You're one of those rare writers who can write descriptions that are actually riveting, not just decent enough to move the story along (or awful). *loves* I'd like to review more of your fics, if I can get over my initial speechless reactions and find something meaningful to say. You are a genius, Sphinx. Keep it up.
Vana Tuivana chapter 1 . 9/20/2005
Wonderful story. I love your Celeborn; such a unique portrayal of him! I've never really seen him in this light before through fic - and I like what I see. ;)
annoymous chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
What a fantastic and intriguing fic! Normally I don't care for stories in the 2nd person but you've written this so well that I read it staight through.

I absolutely adore your C/G fics! Write more soon please!
East chapter 1 . 1/5/2005
AH that was just so wow! you have so much talent! It's the best Celeborn/Galadriel fic I have read! Thank you so much for that pieces of art.