Reviews for Madame OG
13teddies13 chapter 1 . 10/18/2017
This is lovely! I love how Christine was more sensible and made reasoned choices
xsilver-galaxyx chapter 11 . 10/10/2013
I like the idea that by Christine focusing on Erik's mask, they were able to grow closer. Great work :)
southernwulf chapter 11 . 4/25/2011
Great story!
tanithlipsky chapter 11 . 3/9/2011
nice
LittleLotte-xox chapter 2 . 11/28/2007
Very nice story! The chapters are a good length as well yay
mrsgerrybutler13 chapter 11 . 10/1/2005
That was so good! I really don't know what else to say except "Onto the sequel!"
K-Hubie chapter 11 . 9/16/2005
Yay, missy, you get a flower from me! :) (Other people hand out cookies, I hand out phantom flowers – a cool little image with those words in caligraphy are how I indicate on my list of stories I’ve read on f f dot net which ones I like best. Here’s how I summarized your story on that list: You know, this one was as refreshing as ‘The Redemption of Angels’ – it was certainly not unemotional, but it wasn’t so absurdly sappy as most others, so I guess not a ‘flufer’ – Christine’s feelings toward Erik were much more realistic. She was horrified by his face, but made herself get used to it – until she cared enough for him that it really didn’t bother her anymore. I love near the end how the told Raoul that she loved Erik, but she knew it wasn’t perfect, no one & nothing is perfect, that she wouldn’t do ‘anything’ for Erik or go ‘anywhere’ with / for him, & that he likewise shouldn’t be that way for her – so she maintains her own identity, doesn’t let him mow her over, & he at first balks at that but then seems to learn to deal with it, & they seem to have a much more healthy relationship. In this one Erik doesn’t kill anyone, there’s no Buquet scene, & Piangi only gets bound & gagged for Don Juan Triumphant. Christine doesn’t become half-insane herself, & Erik doesn’t cry & grovel & all that sh- constantly. She doesn’t rip his mask off during Don Juan Triumphant, & when the plunge through the stage to escape the authorities, who are only after him for extortion & harassment rather than murder, but still the overblown cavalry is called in for that with guns at the ready, Erik doesn’t bring down the chandelier or do any other damage on his way out. When Raoul comes to them at the portcullis to Erik’s lair, Christine keeps them from coming to blows with well placed words & never taking her hand off Erik’s arm, & the Vicomte resignedly lets them go – & it’s funny that since the mystery of the missing soprano is never solved, Raoul gets almost busted for being a suspected accomplice in her ‘kidnapping’, & never becomes fully absolved of those charges. Erik & Christine have real conversations in this one, & discuss their situation, feelings, & betrothal as real people would, ‘keeping it real’... As realistic as possible. Huzzah to Lady Flourish for the lack of cheap theatrics & throwing in all the damn song lyrics that just muddy it up because we know them thus don’t need them printed here word for word, & also we’re reading this as a prose, not a play, so it seems so stupid for them to walk around like that singing everything they say. Very wordy, but that about sums up why I like your story so much. Keep rocking. :)
Lettered chapter 2 . 2/28/2005
Ahem. Cough Cough.

Alright, so I lied.

I said you could take your time on Unexpected Visitors, but really Flourish-a month and a half?

I'm beginning to think you've abandoned the poor thing. (please don't make me think that you'll be sorry and your children will be sorry and your children's children. For one week. ;o)

Now then. Update. For your own sake.

(oh, and sorry this is under Mm OG. I'd already reviewed all chapters of UV and I was signed in so I said Aw hell.)
Doomed Delight chapter 11 . 1/28/2005
Rather good story. I like it.
Siluial chapter 9 . 1/23/2005
wonderful, as usual. one question, however: is de Beque Erik's real surname? it's never been mentioned, and i'm quite curious.
Siluial chapter 7 . 1/22/2005
oh, wow. just...wow.

this is such a superbly written peice of fanfiction, possibly the most eloquent and wonderful i have ever read. you've written this so well, true to Leroux's text, yet altered slightly so that it seems all the better.

you said in an author's note that you were hesitant about posting this. i truly hope you do not feel that way now. there is no reason to doubt this.

as for this chapter - it was especially moving, especially when Erik speaks, "Dance with me." It was such a great and powerful line.
Nicole Gruebel chapter 7 . 1/15/2005
I just loved this chapter! When it started, I hoped so much that Erik and Christine would dance together ... and they did! This is really a great alternative to the story!
jenny.oliver chapter 11 . 1/14/2005
i just want to comment you on this story...it felt the way the book could have turned...it was fabulous and i can't wait to read the sequel

Bubbles
RCC chapter 11 . 1/13/2005
I really liked this story! It's well written and creative. And I like the AU-ness. I like the decision you have Christine make MUCH better. And YAY ERIK!
Virginia Wildchild chapter 11 . 1/13/2005
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! This is how Phanfiction is supposed to be written, well, for those who ship E/C ;). The best thing about it is how you managed (effortlessly at that) to incorporate the preceding and following events from both Leroux's novel and ALW's musical into the plot of THIS story. It's called continuity, right? Well, it worked well! Incredibly well. This may be my all-time favorite story in the Phantom fandom-nay, ALL fandom! ::Doubled over in anticipation for the sequel!::