Reviews for Lost Innocence
maryjane5000 chapter 8 . 11/15/2014
I am confused is Ranma saying that she knows she won't be unlocked or that if the lock does come off she'll be a girl cursed to become a guy with hot water?
Masato Nakajima chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
I stumbled across your fic on the Shoujyo-Ai Archive, I am so glad you have it here on .
I am at a loss for words to describe how much I love this fic, after just the first chapter.
LordsFire chapter 8 . 8/13/2013
It's interesting to see that even ten years ago, you wrote intensely emotional character stories.

Still suffering from writer's block on your more recent projects?
Sarcastic Avenger chapter 9 . 6/23/2013
This is the one time I've ever read a fanfic where the author handled using rape as a major plot element with the necessary level of care and taste. I suppose that's an achievement in itself. I did enjoy reading it a lot, even if it seemed a bit too maudlin at times.

This is a subject that is very important to me. My mother was a rape victim in herself, though this was long before I was born or she even met my father. The scars she bore from it haunted her for the rest of her life. It was violent, in a way that I won't go into detail about, but suffice to say the scene from this fic was hauntingly familiar. So I have to commend you, on behalf of everyone who has ever gone through such a violent experience, for treating it with the due respect to the victim.

That being said, Ranma's victimization and her own loss of worth was so total that at times it didn't seem quite believable. While everyone's experience with violence and victimization is different, laying on trauma too thick is still problematic. Victims, especially those who feel isolated by a society that doesn't treat such crimes with the necessary seriousness, are very good at concealing the scars, even the act, from others.

To me, it would seem that it would be more likely for someone like Ranma to conceal what happened, perhaps get Kodachi not to tell anyone, and try to pretend that nothing happened. But she'd be essentially running on autopilot, like a lot of people who undergo terrible brutalization. Things would fester until the post-traumatic stress just couldn't be concealed any longer, and then have a nervous breakdown.
Compucles chapter 8 . 3/14/2013
This is a brilliant story that handles difficult issues very well.

A little comment about the ending, though: As Nodoka said, Ranma's curse should be unlocked now, and water accidents will continue to happen. I can understand Ranma switching to female to her new preferred gender, but I imagine Akane is still going to want Ranma to be male every one in a while to finally be able to have sex with him in the way she would most prefer, and I'd think Akane would also want to be a mother herself someday.
shugokage chapter 9 . 2/25/2013
Great job on this unique story!
Lamorak Korving chapter 3 . 7/9/2012
This is probably one of the best Ranma 1/2 fanfiction stories I have read in
a long while, but not THE best. The best would be Oh My Ranma One Half,
with Girl Days in 2nd place, Arrivals and Sea Change in 3rd and 4th place
respectively, the only thing that pisses me off is the inclusion of the police.
Rose1948 chapter 9 . 1/17/2012
Wow, hon. I'm at a loss for words. I enjoyed reading "Lost Innocence" shuddery, hide beneath the covers moments and all.

Yes, the characters are OOC but so what? The moment anyone other than the original author puts words to screen, or pen to paper, it's all OOC. Even then someone like Rumiko Takahashi or Yoshiyuki Sadamoto can write another story in the same universe and have their characters grow up. Are the grown up characters then OOC? Something for the Canon Cs forever crowd to think seriously about, yes?

I am seriously looking forward to the sequels you mentioned. Whether or not I can FIND them is another look again. ::laughs:: I can fall over what I'm looking for and never notice what tripped me as I get up. ::chuckles::

Take care and thanks for sharing.

PS: I still think Genma needs skinning. ::nods::
Chibi Tenshi Sama chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Amazingly written. I'm going to enjoy the rest of this.

Keep up the good work!

~Angel
SpunkAnimeDolphin chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
I'm not done reading it yet, but I'll give you another when i do, you're a good writer. _
Ranmayamabushi chapter 9 . 1/27/2011
increadably touching story, wonderfuly done, thank you
chronodekar chapter 8 . 10/23/2010
Thrythlind,

This is a VERY touching story. As you mentioned - the story of Ranma's recovery. And you have it done VERY well.

I have just 1 gripe. The story as posted on is just horribly formatted. Yes, I understand that is a pain in the rear to get working right at times, BUT, in this case, the story loses a LOT.

I had to go to .com to read this in it's original HTML format. And it makes a difference !

Also, this story is amazing in another way - its a RanmaAkane pairing (my preference) with Ranma deciding to stay as female, but its not a lesbian relationship. There is a sex scene (chapter 4, I think) which comes really close, but I don't think it can count. Feels more like a one-night stand.

Thanks for your beautiful writing. I really loved it.

-chronodekar
tuatara1 chapter 9 . 8/16/2010
This was a truly superb piece of storytelling. All of the supposedly OOC elements are well justified and quite reasonable in context. I was a bit surprised that you ended it in a relatively abrupt manner, but I get your rationale for doing so. However, the fact that the Kodachi, Ukyou, and Nabiki/Ryouga stories haven't materialized, as that leaves a lot of dangling plot threads. But I can always hope, right? The only actual criticism I'd offer is that you seemed to be pretty hard on Akari for no obvious reason. All she manages to do is irritable everyone each time she speaks. Though it's such a minor quibble in an all-around moving and fascinating piece of work that it's hardly worth mentioning. Despite the daunting subject matter, I have to say that I really loved this story. Well done!
anthony883 chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
You really showed everyone the dark, painful path a rape victim has to deal with. I have read many ranma 1/2 out of character stories but this one is my absolute favorite.
georgewillhelmhotmail.com chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
*cruel smirk* Tatewaki certainly got what he deserved... Mwuhahahaha!