Reviews for Dragon Lady
Sasu-Sama' Sarukiji-Sempai chapter 2 . 12/29/2010
Awesome and cute!~
HopelessRomantic183 chapter 2 . 6/27/2010
You know, you shouldn't dis fairy cards. While I do admittedly favor dragons myself, I've seen quite a few powerful fairy cards before. I sort of liked how you made Serenity a better dueler in this chapter, but I still can't stand her considering how in the actual series she dueled horribly from the start ad then after Tristan lost his body in order to protect her she couldn't even find the courage to continue the duel until Joey arrived! I don't think that I'll ever get over that lousy performance so while I think she is alright I don't think that I'll ever be able to place her anywhere close to Kisara's league! I do agree with you that girls should get the Yami's as well, but couldn't you have just brought Ishizu and Isis together and then gave Kisara her own reincarnation? Never mind, just ignore my last comment since it is more of a mini rant than a real comment. Anyhow, the attitude definitely changed from the first chapter and altogether this is a pretty good start to the story so Nice Job!
HopelessRomantic183 chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Maybe Seth did view her as a civilian who needed protection, but he also recognized her from when he saved her from the slave traders, or whatever they specifically were. Also, in the Japanese version Seto/Seth/Set basically admitted that he loved Kisara way more than the English version ever did. I don't remember the exact words but I know he said something like - The solution to defeating the darkness was the light called loved - or something along those lines. Not only that, but he also cried after her death and in the Manga he mentioned that he never wanted Kisara's power, but instead he wanted her to be the light in his heart. Unfortunately I have still yet to acquire that particular volume, but I have rented it from my library enough times to know that Priest Seto/Seth/ Set was definitely in love with Kisara! I completely get what you are trying to say though! I am NOT fond of reding fics where Kisara, or at least a non-Serenity reincarnation of her was featured as a Mary-Sue! I get that Kisara was a bit timid when she was introduced, nut I am thoroughly convinced it was due to her time on the streets. I mean, having people constantly trying to kill you would be enough to break anyone. However, Kisara obviously embraced the "that which does not kill you makes you stronger" motto, as evidenced by the Blue Eyes White Dragon's strength! She never seemed like the type to want revenge, and I believe that it was Seto's (yes I am tired of listing all three name options given to him) kindness to her mixed with her own strength and the promise to repay him someday that really kept her going in the years after the two separated. Besides, people don't normally sacrifice themselves without any sort of hesitation for someone that they don't really love. Besides, Kisara's Ka is different from the others. Not only was it connected to her Soul and couldn't be removed without killing her, but she also couldn't summon it to defend herself, only to defend Seto, and she fainted when summoning it except for the last time against Seto's father (don't want to try to spell his name). BTW, not all fanfic authors have a reincarnated Kisara that acts like a Mary-Sue. I have found several that have written her as a very tough Character. Many have made her a master at some type of martial art like Karate or ti-quan-do and one has even given her tattoo's and a switchblade to carry around. This was a pretty good chapter and, like I said, I also hate Mary-Sue Kisara's , but I think that you should chack your facts a bit before you say that Kisara and Priest Seto didn't love each other. I know the pairing of Kaiba and a Kisara reincarnation isn't canon (even though it is the most logical pairing including Kaiba), bur Priest SetoKisara completely is! Even the author said that they originally planned to dwell further into their relationship, but couldn't do so because of time constraints (or some reason along those lines). Please don't get mad at me for this, I really do like a portion of your theory, but SetoKisara are one of my all time favorite pairings so I felt the need to at least state my viewpoint. You can completely ignore it if you want, and I won't care, I just really don't like getting people upset because of one review. Anyhow, I hear that the next chapter is hilarious an d I can't wait to read it!
Martial Arts Master chapter 2 . 10/1/2008
"Fairy cards my ass."

Wait a minute. Recently, there have been many, many, MANY super-powerful Fairy cards released. Just look at the "Agent" cards such as Mars, Venus, etc. Just look at the Dunamis Dark Witch, a VERY good beatdown card. Jeez, there have been so many powerful fairy cards nowadays that there are entire deck strategies built around fairies! (Check out the Yugioh wikia if you don't believe me. Search around very carefully and methodically, you'll see for yourself the super-powerful fairy cards of which I speak)

I can't fault your reasoning. You are seeking feminine power. I may not be female but I know EXACTLY how you feel; I did take two separate feminism courses in college, after all.

Just make sure you don't make hasty overgeneralizations. Granted, the above overgeneralization is forgiveable because those super-powerful Fairy cards were I think released after you wrote this fanfic.

But your assumption that people would only write Atem x Mana fics or Seto x Kisara fics for the sake of "worshipping the big strong man" is not quite as justified an overgeneralization. I happen to have actually read several such fics myself, and the authors (for the most part) wrote them for entirely different motivations than that. YES, I am aware that there are a lot of sexist fics. You have good reason to castigate them; I castigate them too (I've read those sexist fics myself). Just make sure the bad fanfiction you read doesn't cause you to make assumptions about the good fanfiction without all the facts at your disposal.
Silver Hunteress chapter 2 . 9/30/2007
Hiya! FIrst off love it. The girls DO deserve yamis too! Second off when I first read this (Speciffically Mahado being Mokuba's yami) I got a major plotbunny. The story's finished but I thought I should ask your permsission seing as it is your idea originally. Would you mind if I posted my story? I'd give you credit for the bunny and dedicate it to you but if you don't want me to it'll just sit in my notebook, never to see the light of day. *Puppy dog eyes*
Spikesagitta chapter 2 . 8/14/2007
the first chapter was very dark and gloomy, and the second chapter totally changed mood, it was even funny and cheerful! good thing that
AlteringFate chapter 2 . 2/26/2007
OH You have converted me to Rescueshipping! *hugs*

Also you're a great writer and I felt like I was pulled to the story! (But standing ten feet away from Kisara and Shizuka!XD)

I;d love if you contined this, but you don't have to...

Well keep up the good work and please write more Rescueshipping, it rocks!

-Tiffany

(Manga Button Girl)
tsutsuji chapter 2 . 12/3/2006
Aw, gosh, more great Yugioh yuri love from you. This is so brilliant and sweet and sexy, I now officially love this pairing too - which I never would have even thought of before. I hope you write more Yugioh yuri stories someday soon! (Faves you all over the place...)
Dark Magician Girl Hikaru chapter 2 . 4/9/2006
*giggles* That's cute and funny. Gotta love that. The first ch was sort of creepy but intriguing, this one's totally different. lol. Never thought of such a pairing, but it makes lots of sense in a way. Shoujo-ai! Whee! I need to get to bed, but I can't help it even though it's almost 2am. Well anyways, keep up the great work.

-Michiru
Bellebelle3 chapter 2 . 1/25/2006
Bloody hell. The first chapter was so angsty, and the second one was hillarous...continue! This is really interesting...
Rust Tea chapter 2 . 10/18/2005
Another great story! You're right, both Shizuka and Kisara are way over-used as mary-sues. To combine them together is genious! The Y/Y implication is always a plus as well. I love your writing style, hope to see more yuri, which this fandom really needs! Not that I've done anything to contibute... Yet. Oh! And this is actually longer than a one-shot! Almost all yuri fics are one-shots, so you are now officially God.
Edward the spiderqueen chapter 2 . 10/6/2005
yeah, that's gotta be a real blow to kiaba, almost feel sorry for the cockey bastage...almost.

I love your pairings! so cute!
Dragon2900 chapter 2 . 9/29/2005
Whoa! nice! though really Kisara should let up for Jou at least I mean he is her brother! but still great fic! keep it up!
Desayuna chapter 2 . 9/5/2005
ha! i love it! i understand why you have kisara as shizuka's yami, and i think that's wonderful.

hope you update soon.
Desayuna chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
that was cool. i'll have more to say later.