Reviews for A Slytherin in Red and Gold
NotRevan chapter 19 . 8/3
oh Alicia honey... you foolish child... first thinking muggleborns are beasts and now believing that your father is innocent... big oof
NotRevan chapter 11 . 8/1
They aren't allowed to go to Hogsmede till third year.
NotRevan chapter 5 . 7/31
Oooh I wouldn't have taken that. The Gryffindors should have gotten a much more severe punishment and Vector should have heard both sides before even considering a punishment. Fucking teachers I swear.
NotRevan chapter 1 . 7/31
hmm... most stories that I read have McGonagall as Headmistress. Interesting.
mergirl007 chapter 47 . 7/16/2017
You're back! And yeah I'd be hesitant about giving up that adult freedom too, being independent is AWESOME!
Coures chapter 1 . 6/16/2017
"Unless of course you don't work, darling" my mother cautioned with a smile. "Then you'll be in Hufflepuff."

Wait... are you saying Hufflepuff, the house that emphasizes traits like dedication and hard work, is lazy? For a Ravenclaw, that mother sure is a bit dense.
NekoMara chapter 47 . 10/11/2016
What a refreshing story! It is rare to find fanfiction that does not revolve around an OC that was at Hogwarts with Harry&co, and it makes it easier for me to focus on Lydia's story, instead of wondering how Lydia would involve herself with canon adventures.
I love how you walk through the life of a puberescent Slytherin teenager and how she is slowly developing in a world very different from ours. I will keep following this! Thank you for sharing your story!
Guest chapter 47 . 4/9/2016
Is this ever going to be finished because its an amazing story and it would be a shame if its left unfinished and its a really great story line that I haven't seen before :D
Ali chapter 47 . 1/29/2016
Lovely fic, with great characterization. Hope you come back to this someday.
yellow 14 chapter 47 . 9/29/2015
How did I not see this chapter? Does Rockwell like Lydia I wonder? Nice chapter, keep updating. Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
Jay chapter 47 . 9/6/2015
Awesome fic, hope an update is in the offing. You've created such engaging characters that I really want to see what happens next. Thanks for sharing your work :)
Arsenal chapter 35 . 6/13/2015
Teddy is so cute :)
Jay chapter 1 . 4/18/2015
Really love this fic! Hope you'll come back to this for an update as life and inspiration allow. Would love to see how this continues.
deaneg chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
Not really a review. Just read the review below and damn. Like two full length novels worth of writing and they don't get together? Sorry, the story was tagged romance and if there is none I'm not even going to start reading, despite anything else interesting going on. Your summary sounded just like the thing I was looking for and I hope you continue it on day, but I'm not naïve.
1WiththeButterfly chapter 47 . 10/31/2014
You a crafty fiend, Animus Wyrmis

When I first looked at the synopsis for this story, you had me hooked easily; star cross'd lovers, interesting OCs set in one of my favourite fictional universes, a hefty forty seven chapters over a long time period. Even though your story hadn't updated in two years, and wasn't yet complete, I was sure that there'd be enough good stuff to read before I hit the end. And so, over twelve hours or so, I read. I read, and read, and read. I was impressed by how well you had portrayed Lydia learning self-reliance, finding personal drive and direction and especially impressed with how tastefully you portrayed her discovering her sexuality. It was hitting all the right notes.

I liked that the story wasn't trying to turn itself into a blockbuster; I love slice of life, and this was a perfect example of that (truth be told, I was always more interested in life at Hogwarts than I was in Harry's adventures). It was a delight to watch Lydia navigate through life as a Slytherin, managing a social circle and the trials and tribulations of teenage relationships. I was surprised when you devoted some time to having Lydia go shopping for bras, because its the sort of thing that just doesn't come up very often in fiction, but it was excellent to see it here; it reinforced some of Lydia's characterisation, as well as showing the realness (I spent far too long trying to find an appropriate word for what I was trying to get across, but I'm tired and so you get a made up one) of the world this story takes place in. Shopping for underwear isn't glamourous, but its part of Lydia's life, and that's what this story is about.

I do have some minor criticisms, however; I found it difficult to suspend my disbelief that Lydia was taking her Potion N.E. as a 3rd year student at Hogwarts, Potions prodigy and pupil of Snape (your reasoning for his appearance in the story was definitely acceptable, to my mind) notwithstanding. Lydia should've, at the very least, done her potion O. first, if only to prove that she was ready and capable of doing her N.E. .

The 1st Year Slytherins swearing oaths to do various things was rather dramatic, but nothing seemed to really come of it. The amount of emphasis placed upon that scene threw me for a loop later; did you have plans to come back to it later, or did it just get phased out?

Next up, I found it very difficult to nail down why exactly Harry Potter was Lydia's godfather. Lyra's relationship is easy; she's the Daughter of Percy Weasely and Oliver Wood, and therefore Harry is her uncle. Lydia (who I presume was originally a member of the Black family, changed to Carmichael due to Deathly Hallows) is the daughter of [Blank] Carmichael and [Blank] Tonks... people that Harry presumably met after the war, due to their relationship with the deceased Tonks and Lupin, right?

Lastly, and most importantly, I'm dissapointed. Really dissapointed, you know? This story seemed to have everything I was looking for in a friendship turned romance. Things were steadily creeping towards the promised relationship between Lydia and Lyra. I was getting excited, and then worried, as we crept closer to the 47th chapter. And here we are, and we find Lydia studying and Lyra going away for the holidays. And that's it. Probably not to be continued. Damn it.

I was really looking forward to this, man. All that buildup, all that angst. No payout. Things didn't even get started. You tricked me, Animus, with your wordcount and you summary. But now that I'm here at the end, all that's left is honeyed lies!

So, what I'm saying is, I'd really appreciate it if you continued writing this story :P

You're definitely a good writer, and you've written up some great characters. I just want to see more of them, yanno, and get some closure. I'll be waiting with my fingers crossed, just in case you decide to keep this story going.

Till Next Time