Reviews for Nowhere Men
Atavaka chapter 2 . 2/18/2007
Okay, a little more serious here, but it's all good. Now we've got plot and character development on the horizon.

I think you're really onto a good thing here. Despite the light (is 'light the right word?) tone of narration, there are some interesting moments that tug at the old heartstrings. Jack and Randy's exchanges are very good... Randy's character is pretty deep and extremely interesting to read about. The other characters thus far are funny, but not terribly developed yet. Then again, this is the second chapter. It would be poor pacing to introduce character backstory too quickly, now wouldn't it?

And I'm assuming there will be a romantic interest, right? Not all of the girls have been introduced yet, but I'm pretty sure we can rule out Nina. I can sort of tell you weren't a big fan of hers.

I want to see Jack and Randy succeed, and I want to read more of this story. Update soon, por favor.
Atavaka chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
So here I was, cruising through profiles looking for some decent HM fics to read. And what should I happen to find but none other than an SNES (YES, I said S-N-E-S!) Harvest Moon fic, all glossy and begging to be read. And myself, being the infinitely kind and patient person that I am, said those classic last words: "What the hell..." and clicked on the link.

I just have one thing to say: Where do you get get off being so damn creative?

This chapter is excellent! It was funny, original, full of character, funny, and I love it and I couldn't possibly find something wrong to critize and I love it some more and I want to read more and I'm going to right now.

I'd write more run-on sentences, but I'm in a hurry to read. Ciao for now!
AppleGoddess chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
Its definitely nice to see SNES fics as that was the first HM game I ever played. Also, the fact that his grandfather is alive puts a new spin on things. Even though its only the beginning, this story looks promising. It is well written and I can tell you've thought things out. Good job.
Farmer Jen chapter 2 . 2/19/2005
I find this quite amusing. It's a nice take on the old tale- I like the new generation (at least, I assume it's a new generation of sorts). I never thought of it that way, and it's a nice new take. The chapter itself could use another look-through, but I'm just grammar-conscious, so ignore me if you wish. Great job, though. Me lo gusta.
The Karlminion chapter 2 . 2/2/2005
This is kinda funny; you should make it a humor thing in the genre section.

You listen to the Beatles too much, and you've been watching Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. That's immediately obvious.

Oh, and good job. keep it up.

-this be The Karlminion, and he be signin' off-
ABANG CHANG chapter 2 . 2/1/2005
Hm... I don't know. The writing is, as always, above board. The characterization is great, the level of creativity is impressive... but I can't say this story has really done too much for me so far. I can't really put a finger on it. I wish I could, because I like you and I like your work... something is just missing. :/

I really am sorry. I'll keep tuned, though, because it may have just been an off chapter.
Tragedy Catalyst chapter 2 . 1/27/2005
This was cool. I haven't talked to you in so long! Well nice writing. I gotta try to get back to mine...
Abbey Lane chapter 1 . 1/3/2005
I didn't have time to read it all, but I promise I will. But mad props for using a Beatles song!
ABANG CHANG chapter 1 . 1/3/2005
Definitely a real step away from general Jack-is-teh-farmz0rz HM fics. Again, happy to see more SNES fics popping up. I can't wait for the characters in the actual game to begin to trickle through. And mad props for the Crispin Glover reference.

-Quack "1.21 gigowatts" Wabbit
starfruit06 chapter 1 . 1/3/2005
It's interesting to meet a Jack who most likely has no future as a farmer seeing as he shot his back on the first swing with the hoe. But then, he might surprise me later on in future chapters
Tragedy Catalyst chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
hmm sad (pathetically, them not you) nice. Yeah i write other stories when i have writers block but then i get writers block on those too... -_-;;