Reviews for A Lost Generation
Mari83 chapter 22 . 1/30
This was so true and right and touching... and then it was more intensely, bleakingly heart-breaking than any of the books. (I had to stop reading and take a break before reading the last chapter)
strawberries and napkins chapter 22 . 1/1
It's been a long time since you finished this but I wanted to pop in and say how much I adore this fic. :) I read it a couple years ago and it's essentially become canon in my mind. Rereading it now, it's as good as I remember it.

When the books give us snippets of Lily and James, they just seemed to be like two perfect people marrying to become a perfect couple. Of course, James wasn't always the nicest to Snape but that seemed to be his one singular flaw. It made them much more real, watching them struggle to open up to one another in the beginning of their relationship and the toll that the war takes on them all. And in the end, their deaths all the more tragic. Also fantastic-all the characters that you so wonderfully fleshed out. In the books, it was always the Marauders and Lily, and I never thought past that to imagine that Lily had her own set of friends, which seems silly as I type this out.

I also like your depiction of Peter. I've always wondered how he got sorted into Gryffindor and then went on to become friends with James, Sirius, and Lupin based off of the scenes and descriptions of him in the book, and the way you wrote him made him likable and his turn to the dark side believable.

But yes. This is wonderful, and I'm sure I'll come back to reread it many more times. :)
Intensity215 chapter 22 . 6/11/2014
Before I say anything else, I would just like to tell you that this was one of the best lily/James stories I've read on this site.
I was really hoping towards the end that you would pull a fast one and make them live because I became to emotionally invested in the characters.
Maybe you could write a sequel... Or possible little one-shots of them at hogwarts during times that were skipped to move the story along.
I guess I really just don't want this story to be over :) thanks so much for writing (and finishing) this story!
HpGinny77 chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
really cute :)
haha bukcley cooper? really original..
PraksCellist chapter 22 . 10/14/2012
The ending just about killed me. I don't even know what to say, really. It was such an amazing story, I really loved it. I wish I had the courage to write like you :) thanks for writing this amazing fanfic 3
Charlotte Donahue chapter 22 . 10/14/2012
This story was beautiful. I really enjoyed reading it, and your way with words is spectacular. In particular, I liked the chapter names...it was fun to recognize where they came from before reading your end notes.
Anon chapter 3 . 9/24/2012
You got the dates of James' and Lily's birthdays wrong...

The story is good though, I'm enjoying reading it. I can't wait to see what happens.
Irish4eva chapter 22 . 9/21/2012
Wow! I've spent the past several hours reading your story straight through & I loved it! The characters were real and I could feel what the war was doing to them & changing in them which is something I find hard to get in many James/Lily fics. When their friends started dying, I could imagine what it would be like if I were in that situation which I think shows a well written piece! And poor Remus! By the end of it I just wanted to give him a big hug & make it better for him! Wonderful story well done! :)
teeglow chapter 22 . 8/21/2012
Never in my life have I sobbed at a fic like this. It was fantastic! You got the characters spot on and literally, I am a mess right now. You captured the whole era perfectly! Cripes, that was beautiful. Truly truly perfect.
magic-cephalopod chapter 22 . 7/24/2012
I can't even known if you still haunt , so this review may be for naught, but I just wanted to say... this is one of the (hands-down) best Marauder era and James/ Lily fic I've ever read. I was hooked from the first moment, but after you'd aged everyone up and they were fighting for the Order, I couldn't believe how well you had me waiting for every next word. This story has filled me with an indescribable happiness and peace that I've been hoping for, for a long time. I'm so thankful you took the time to write and share it with us, and I'm appalled this story only earned 140 or so reviews. Unbelievable, compared to other Marauders stories not half as good that have thousands. I hope this review finds you well, and thank you again, thank you so much for this story. Well told, and you reassured me why I love these characters and their story so much... and you even did it without the full canon story released, and it was still so believable. Augh, I'll just continue to gush. I hope you still write, because you're fabulous.

Love!
Isabelle chapter 22 . 7/23/2012
Hi,
I'm not really sure whether you are still writing or not but I saw you mention that you were thinking of doing missing moments from 'A lost generation' and I have a suggestion of a moment. I really love the relationship between Dorcas and Sirius. I have never read a fic where a author has written about Sirius and a girl. Now whenever I think of Sirius, he is always with Dorcas and that is because of you! You made them seem so real and as though J.K Rowling actually planned them to have been together. I would love if you could do a spin off about there relationship. Whether it is about their good times or bad I would love to have a chance to read about them even more :)

I want to thank you also for producing such a brilliant story. Every moment captured me in a way no other fanfic has! You are a very talented author and make the readers actually feel as though they are in the story. I thank you very much!
artsia chapter 22 . 5/7/2012
This was so heartbreakingly lovely that the lack of reviews is beyond my comprehension. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
deathtodiscotexasliberalweirdo chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
i've read this story about a million times and each time it gets better and better! i love this whole generation and you do an amazing job of bringing them to life. props :)
musingmarauder chapter 22 . 4/9/2012
I really enjoyed this. I loved your characterisation and your take on Sirius and Remus especially. It's a shame you don't seem to be writing for the fandom anymore.
Guest chapter 22 . 10/24/2011
I just finished the story and it was so beautiful. It made me laugh, tear up, everything I want to say THANK YOU SOOO MUCH IT WAS FANTASTIC WELL DONE! I will always go back and reread this story. I loved how the characters were and I hated it when Marlene and Dorcas died soo soo sad but on a brighter note thank you