Reviews for Snowday
Emily chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
I realize that you posted this fic a long time ago and that the incident you are referring to is not the same one that is currently being experienced but I feel that your speech at the end is most fitting for the current events in Japan. Both your story and your speech have made me feel very deeply and for this I thank you.

FAB.
chocolatelover1 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
lol Very funny, loved the snowball fight Scott ans John were clearly losing lol Awesome!
xX Mothwing Xx chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
It was hard enough trying to get Gordon out of the bathtub and into bed. I swear, that kid wanted to swim for the rest of the night.

Teehee I can soo see that happen typical Gordon :)
moonlightbear chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
this story is very sweet and yet... more than that. i just can't put my finger on it. i enjoyed it and yet i have to say the motivating "speech" is the best and it is very true as once said in Spykids, i believe, is some thing like "you have to believe in yourself"

FAB
Arashi no Baka chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
Again with these fantatsic fic! When do they stop? Never I hope!

Characterisation? Perfect. Intercation? Perfect. Message? Perfect. Your style of writing always cheers me up and I look forward to your fics with more enthusiasm each time _

Keep up your wonderful fics and ideas!
Daria4 chapter 1 . 1/7/2005
Nice and appropriate sentiment! I loved big brother Scott and how he dealt with each of his brothers. John was perfectly angsty (though I'm never going to get used to him not being the middle kid...darn that movie)! Loved the little ones as well; Gordon and Alan were a delight! Thanks also for the tsunami mention at the end; much appreciated. And you CAN join the real IR, you know; it's just 20BPS per year. Visit
mcj chapter 1 . 1/7/2005
This is a magic story and I just love it. There is so much said and so much "unsaid" in the dialogue. John is clearly upset at losing his Mother and he knows he's "losing" his Father too even if it is to overwork to mask his denial. You portray Scott magnificently; responsible, serious and caring. The snowman is the catalyst for all of it, especially when Jeff arrives home and it lightens his heart. This is a lovely read and thank you very much for sharing it with us. I also endorse your comments at the ending. God be with them and may they get the help they need.

mcj
zeilfanaat chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
Great story and a great message.

In Holland they've organized a special evening (tonight) where they're collecting money that has been raised over the past days. One of the cabaretiers has auctioned his 'Golden CD Award' (or something like that) for 12,5 thousand Euros. And there were also two children who have raised 300 sth Euros. Last time I looked the total was 76,5 million Euros. (I think. I can't be sure. I'm really bad at remembering things.)

Anyway, I just thought I'd share with you some of the things that are being done to help the people in Asia.

Thanks again for your wonderful story.
Agent Five chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Fantastic story. You've captured something truly wonderful here and I just adored reading it.

As for your A/N, I could not agree more. The first I heard of the news was a day later. After the hassle and somehow managed merriment of a busy Boxing Day shift at work and after family festivities had faded, I finally heard. And I would have loved nothing more than to see images of a giant green craft ferrying people to safety. It had to be fiction. It was too huge, too horrifying and too much to be real. But as the numbness fades and reality sinks in and the number of lives lost grows, out of the shadows comes a glimpse of what nations can do when they stop fighting and work together. Beneath the political agendas is the very real chance that there is hope for us after all.
nebula2 chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Hey great story. I really enjoyed reading it. Having two working parents myself my brother and I were left alone quite a bit growing up so I can empathize with the Tracy boys in this. I think you captured all that very well.

"Throwing his hands up in the air, Scott shrugged and declared, "I really don't care. Let them kill each other. Maybe they'll learn better.""

I loved that line. The ironic thing is, is that my parents and uncle took that approach sometimes when my brother and cousins were fighting.

By the way - I have another t-bird story stated Painful memory (which I have recently updated) if your interested. I will warn you however that part of the storyline doesn't fit into either tv series or movie-verse but I still think the story is pretty good.

Again. Great story here.
Rojeth chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Well Said.

Jem
xcrystalclearx chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Thats a great story, and the message at the bottom is really meaningful, i'm already trying to help out wherever i can.
ladc chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
I liked this story though I really have to wonder about Jeff leaving a 14 year old in charge of four younger brother overnight. Typo found "snow angle" should be "snow angel".

My understanding is that the best donation to give for the rescue effort is money to some organization like Red Cross or UNICEF. I have found myself thinking about how IR could have been so nice to have during this pass few weeks.
griiffins chapter 1 . 1/3/2005
Cute story! Cute words at the end too. tragic, isn't it? We had friends over there touring in Thailand, we havn't heard from them. I've already given in the money I earnt from church, and if I was old enough, I'd be over there helping out! Update Winds of Advents soon please!
Ariel D chapter 1 . 1/3/2005
You're welcome! It's a wonderful piece, DH-I was right there with the boys, playing in the snow. As for the IR spirit, I commend your call to action-there is no gift or effort too small to make a difference to someone living through a crisis.