Reviews for Promises Defended
tealoverx chapter 51 . 7/15
you are a great writer.
laloudu77 chapter 51 . 7/14
Wow, what a story! I've never read such an excellent fanfiction as yours! Sometimes it was really hard to see where you wanted to drive us to, but that's one of the best story I've ever read! I think that's a pity that I'm going to read the prologue after this epilogue but I'll read it anyway. It's just that I didn't know it existed!
Thanks for this story, and I may also thank the bad translation I first read of your saga, as it fored me to look for the original one and I don't regret it!
laloudu77 chapter 4 . 7/2
You're a relly bad person to have make Hagrid die :-(( I heard about your saga by the French person who translated it, but as it was an awful translation, I was curious to see if it was the translation or the plot in itself. Happily it was the translation! I really love you writting ans the way it could be true in the original plot! But I think it may be a little bit too much concerning darkness and all the deads, especially in this part of the whole saga, as I don't really see where you want to drive us to, but I'll maybe see that later :-)
superpony55 chapter 51 . 5/22
Wow. I didn't comment on the second one - I didn't have time - but this entire series is amazing. What could have been... just... wow. I don't have anything to say. I may come back later and comment on another chapter with a more coherent review, but for now... wow. Off to read the prequel!
VJ Riddle chapter 49 . 4/28
Okay - your Gellert has seriously grown on me. Your verse is amazing, seriously AMAZING and I've probably reread each story at least five times before finally coming to this one, because I simply didn't want the saga to end.

I love this series, your world-building is fantastic, your OCs are as beloved and reviled as canon, and you add a depth to canon characters in an alternate verse that's just amazing. The Marauders as they may have been...

Now for the last few chapters :)
Xiaou Nem chapter 51 . 4/20
Wow, crazy long story that's been eating up my life for some time now. It is a really intriguing concept. It is especially nice to see all the "prophetic" parts. As you hadn't read the last books when you started, you had to invent some concepts and bavkstories. I think you did this extraordinarily well. Thank yoj!
BlackRocks chapter 51 . 4/12
Look Robin4. All I'm saying is that these 4 Promises stories are amazing. You are one EPIC writer. Sirius Black is my fave character and u just portrayed him, well, perfectly. Stay awesome in your writing!
so dietfried just becomes gellert?
Okay this is straight up in of THE best stories I've ever read! When I set out to find a random marauders fic to read on a bored bus ride to uni, I did not expect to discover this gem. I'm so glad I did though because wow I am speechless. Absolutely amazing. Great job, you're insanely talented! I mean, not only is the plot fantastic but the writing is immaculate. I absolutely love it! Thank you for, well, the story- and for keeping me entertained on my journeys to and from uni for the past week or so haha. :) xx
David Fishwick chapter 51 . 2/25
Brilliant idea and thanks for writing as I enjoyed reading this story.
katiek121 chapter 51 . 2/25
This story was awesome! I loved the ending.
maritinkerbell chapter 51 . 2/17
I finally just finished this trilogy (I've been reading it for 3 weeks)! This is a truly epic series, and I love the suspense- I think my favorite moment is when Arabella wakes up in the hospital and starts cursing the poor well-meaning Bill! I also appreciated the revel right near the beginning of the series when we learn that the "Headmaster" is Remus, not Dumbledore. I enjoy how you interweave multiple plot-lines, and I love how you clearly were managing the end-game from the very beginning (I totally called that Charlie had met up with Julia Malfoy! And Dung being under the distance-seeing enchantment, from like the first time it came up way back in PU!). I like how all four of the Marauders developed their own crucial roles in the war, which fit their personalities- James as the natural leader, Peter as the diplomat, Remus as the teacher, and Sirius as the rebel-turned-savior. I think you did a really good job of showing how all four of the developed and matured. I was vaguely disappointed that Snape's arc ended up being rather anti-climactic- what good did him being a spy for years do if he never really betrayed his master (or at least, not in any way that accomplished something that necessitated being a spy)? I think he should have betrayed Voldemort during the attack on Hogwarts (though I understand for overall plot reasons why that didn't happen), or gotten caught passing information about some crucial attack, or tried to stop the Hogsmeade massacre, or at least tried to attack or poison Voldemort or something. Refusing to answer a summons seemed like squandering away his years spent building up his relationship with Voldemort. I feel like you have a great sense of Snape's personality and I really loved seeing his relationship with the Marauders (especially Remus), so I was a bit put-out that more didn't come of him. In any case, you've done a truly remarkable job on the series, and I would love to read any future HP fanfics that you write!
shadowkat678 chapter 17 . 2/13
Officially my favorite chapter.
ananas42 chapter 1 . 1/25
I just finished your amazing trilogy. You have really done something brilliant and original with these stories. You put characters into rolls that. I would have never considered important like Remusas headmaster and Dumbledore as MOM. The way you took Jks simple character descriptions and gave them incredible depth is astounding and very creative. I really watched the Mauraders come to life and felt like I knew them. I also loved your original characters! Julia in particular.
My favorite part of these stories though is the development of Severus Snape. He becomes such a dynamic and dualistic character in these stories. I genuinely feel for his plight. I really enjoyed watching the battle within as he struggled to find his place. He is so much more than many authors make him out to be. I enjoyed seeing what he could have become if only... Magnificent!
Deathbistereo95 chapter 1 . 1/11
I just got done rereading this trilogy and I think I love it even more now. It's very well done, and honestly probably my favorite AU that I've ever read, especially for the Marauders. I love the emphasis on brothers and the way you handled Peter. Most people write him off or can't help the disdain when writing his character. And I truly love how you acknowledged his mistakes, but rather than condemning him you had him learn from them.
I also love how you had the adults handle the war rather than leaving it on the shoulders of children. As well, I liked that you included their perspective and showed that the war affects them too. Still, you showed their naivety with their want to fight, but not really understanding the consequences if they were to do so.
I also love your version of Sirius Black. He was still as stubborn and hard headed as ever, but in your story he had a sort of chance to grow up and was shown that he could be more than his horrors after a decade of torture. Besides in HP we see that he is very willing to fight as well as be restless when he could not do so.I feel like you captured that very well.
The same goes for Remus and James. Remus flourished in his element in your story, rather than only getting a one year chance. He did fill the Dumbldore-esque shoes while still retaining his own character. I loved James, because you show that he did, in fact, grow up. You show that he is able to shoulder responsibility, and I liked that he was reluctant to do so rather than arrogant about it.
So, all in all, fantastic trilogy and I have much enjoyed your other stories that I have read. Thank you for allowing me the chance to enjoy this amazing story.
2,411 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »