Reviews for Promises Defended
BlackRocks chapter 51 . 4/12
Look Robin4. All I'm saying is that these 4 Promises stories are amazing. You are one EPIC writer. Sirius Black is my fave character and u just portrayed him, well, perfectly. Stay awesome in your writing!
so dietfried just becomes gellert?
Okay this is straight up in of THE best stories I've ever read! When I set out to find a random marauders fic to read on a bored bus ride to uni, I did not expect to discover this gem. I'm so glad I did though because wow I am speechless. Absolutely amazing. Great job, you're insanely talented! I mean, not only is the plot fantastic but the writing is immaculate. I absolutely love it! Thank you for, well, the story- and for keeping me entertained on my journeys to and from uni for the past week or so haha. :) xx
David Fishwick chapter 51 . 2/25
Brilliant idea and thanks for writing as I enjoyed reading this story.
katiek121 chapter 51 . 2/25
This story was awesome! I loved the ending.
maritinkerbell chapter 51 . 2/17
I finally just finished this trilogy (I've been reading it for 3 weeks)! This is a truly epic series, and I love the suspense- I think my favorite moment is when Arabella wakes up in the hospital and starts cursing the poor well-meaning Bill! I also appreciated the revel right near the beginning of the series when we learn that the "Headmaster" is Remus, not Dumbledore. I enjoy how you interweave multiple plot-lines, and I love how you clearly were managing the end-game from the very beginning (I totally called that Charlie had met up with Julia Malfoy! And Dung being under the distance-seeing enchantment, from like the first time it came up way back in PU!). I like how all four of the Marauders developed their own crucial roles in the war, which fit their personalities- James as the natural leader, Peter as the diplomat, Remus as the teacher, and Sirius as the rebel-turned-savior. I think you did a really good job of showing how all four of the developed and matured. I was vaguely disappointed that Snape's arc ended up being rather anti-climactic- what good did him being a spy for years do if he never really betrayed his master (or at least, not in any way that accomplished something that necessitated being a spy)? I think he should have betrayed Voldemort during the attack on Hogwarts (though I understand for overall plot reasons why that didn't happen), or gotten caught passing information about some crucial attack, or tried to stop the Hogsmeade massacre, or at least tried to attack or poison Voldemort or something. Refusing to answer a summons seemed like squandering away his years spent building up his relationship with Voldemort. I feel like you have a great sense of Snape's personality and I really loved seeing his relationship with the Marauders (especially Remus), so I was a bit put-out that more didn't come of him. In any case, you've done a truly remarkable job on the series, and I would love to read any future HP fanfics that you write!
shadowkat678 chapter 17 . 2/13
Officially my favorite chapter.
ananas42 chapter 1 . 1/25
I just finished your amazing trilogy. You have really done something brilliant and original with these stories. You put characters into rolls that. I would have never considered important like Remusas headmaster and Dumbledore as MOM. The way you took Jks simple character descriptions and gave them incredible depth is astounding and very creative. I really watched the Mauraders come to life and felt like I knew them. I also loved your original characters! Julia in particular.
My favorite part of these stories though is the development of Severus Snape. He becomes such a dynamic and dualistic character in these stories. I genuinely feel for his plight. I really enjoyed watching the battle within as he struggled to find his place. He is so much more than many authors make him out to be. I enjoyed seeing what he could have become if only... Magnificent!
Deathbistereo95 chapter 1 . 1/11
I just got done rereading this trilogy and I think I love it even more now. It's very well done, and honestly probably my favorite AU that I've ever read, especially for the Marauders. I love the emphasis on brothers and the way you handled Peter. Most people write him off or can't help the disdain when writing his character. And I truly love how you acknowledged his mistakes, but rather than condemning him you had him learn from them.
I also love how you had the adults handle the war rather than leaving it on the shoulders of children. As well, I liked that you included their perspective and showed that the war affects them too. Still, you showed their naivety with their want to fight, but not really understanding the consequences if they were to do so.
I also love your version of Sirius Black. He was still as stubborn and hard headed as ever, but in your story he had a sort of chance to grow up and was shown that he could be more than his horrors after a decade of torture. Besides in HP we see that he is very willing to fight as well as be restless when he could not do so.I feel like you captured that very well.
The same goes for Remus and James. Remus flourished in his element in your story, rather than only getting a one year chance. He did fill the Dumbldore-esque shoes while still retaining his own character. I loved James, because you show that he did, in fact, grow up. You show that he is able to shoulder responsibility, and I liked that he was reluctant to do so rather than arrogant about it.
So, all in all, fantastic trilogy and I have much enjoyed your other stories that I have read. Thank you for allowing me the chance to enjoy this amazing story.
The Other World chapter 51 . 12/13/2014
oh wow. This is so beautiful. I just finished rereading the entire four books, and I fall in love with your writing everytime. I love your focus on emotions despite the theme of action, and I like that you didnt write any smut - most people can't resist putting in at least one scene. It's realistic, it's beautiful, and I love it. Thank you.
Write your own book some day.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 51 . 11/19/2014
NICE
Trixie's mom chapter 51 . 11/8/2014
Brilliant.
heartmira chapter 50 . 10/22/2014
Please. PLEASE. Is there anyway that I can get a hardcopy of this? I'll pay you for it too, if you prefer. Better yet, please sent this to a publisher so that more people can experience this. I've been a huge HP fan and loved the Marauders, so imagine my excitement when I found this story. After finishing it though, excitement was no where enough to describe my feelings now. This changed my life. How I wish this was the ACTUAL HP series because THEIR HAPPY ENDING. AH. THEY DESERVE THIS SO MUCH. I'm going to now promptly forget the real HP series and accept this one as the real one. Nope. Not in denial. Thank you so so much for this story. I'm going to read the prologue now, but please PLEASE PLEASE continue writing the Marauders. Will you write Sirius x Julia drabbles? Or Tonks x Remus? OR JILY. With Peter also hanging out (you have no idea how happy I am with the way you wrote Peter in this story). And Snape. Bless you for doing such a good job with writing him. I love your Snape so much more than the one JK wrote. YOU ARE AMAZING. Please become a writer and bestow more stories like this to the world.
mandy-madgirl chapter 51 . 9/26/2014
One of the top trilogies on fanfiction! I'm only sad that it's over and I only just discovered you! The only reason I haven't commented on every chapter is because I couldn't stand to wait in between. Your characters were well developed and you didn't do the usual someone replaces harry as the saviour but has the exact same experiences. The Marauders were a team and each faced their own trials and had their flaws but I loved them all the more for it. THANK YOU!
Butterfly chapter 24 . 9/16/2014
Every time I read this chapter (and I'm on my third reread of the UU) I find myself chanting along with the crowd: DOWN WITH FUDGE! BRING BACK POTTER! Your ability to evoke emotion in the reader is outstanding. I just love PD so much :)
2,405 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »