Reviews for Promises Defended
Kekelina chapter 4 . 1/28/2005
Hagrid! I didn't expect that at all. Omg. Poor Hagrid. Who was the Death Eater? Lucius Malfoy perhaps? And is Snape's loyalty out in the open now? Obviously if he wakes the Death Eater up, he'll tell Voldemort that Snape attacked him. What suddenly caused Voldemort's attention to turn to Harry? Where in the world is Sirius? And, why did Snape tell Harry not to trust his friends? So many questions from just one chapter!
Lut chapter 4 . 1/28/2005
Great chapter!I'm so sorry about Hagrid.. But maybe when Sirius hear about his godson's been attacked he shall return. I miss Sirius so much.. Waiting for the next chapter.. (sorry for my poor English)
Delayed Poet chapter 4 . 1/27/2005
*Major tears* That chapter was so sad! I can't even formulate a detailed plea for more! I just can't wait to find out who is in the final circle and I really want Sirius to come back! Hope you're feeling better!

.:Delayed Poet:.
lembas7 chapter 4 . 1/27/2005
Alright, here it goes.

I want answers!

*coughs, and straightens, attempting to look dignified.*

Well, I'm certainly very intrigued, and I honestly can't wait to find out if Sirius returns, and when he does, the perpetual "then what?" has taken residence in my brain. Also, the Circle! It's going to reform . . . hooray! But the war! I have the feeling that this story will be the final, wrap-up, be-all and end-all of this section of the series. (did I miss you saying that previously? oops!)

I also wanted to offer just a bit of only-slightly critical constructive advice. I really felt that the last segment of this chapter (esp the part where Hagrid died) was a bit lacking in pathos. Perhaps because we haven't seen Hagrid in recent chapters; or because as a reader I've become acclimated to the idea that things will continue to get worse before they get better; or possibly because with your myriad of wonderful OC's and the added depth you bring to the tale means that you rely more heavily on JKR's canon to back up familiar characters - whatever the reason (and gosh, this sentence just keeps going) I didn't really feel all too badly about Hagrid dying.

Be that as it may, I just thought I'd mention it. however, the increase of tension when it comes to Harry is wonderful. Honestly, I think that if Sirius gets word of that, it should really pull him right out of hiding. After all, wasn't the whole reason he jumped into this mess, and made the decision he made (pre-UU), in order to spare Harry from having to be the hero, and having the fate of the wizarding world on his shoulders?

Anyway, just wanted to leave a nice fat review, in the hopes that you will be encouraged to post all the sooner. Now . . . off to do laundry!
Dessi chapter 4 . 1/27/2005
You killed Hagrid! How could you? (I know it's for the plot. BUT STILL!) :(

But as always, that was brilliant! Waiting eagerly for more, as always! :D
SillyGillie chapter 4 . 1/27/2005
What an utterly fantastic chapter! So thrilling and written beautifully as well! I loved it! Poor Hagrid! Excellent job!
Sonic chapter 4 . 1/27/2005
I can't believe you killed Hagrid! NO!

*sigh*...

Question though. Julia can walk around like that without getting caught?
Hanna chapter 4 . 1/27/2005
Wow. Just...wow. Beautifully written, once again. Remus...and the children...were wonderfully portrayed and I absolutely loved this chapter. It was definitely worth the wait. I wonder how Harry will change from this...and if maybe...if Sirius will be in the Final Circle? Although...seeing as he is hiding, he might not go, even if he gets a letter...but I'm assuming Sirius won't be in the circle anyways...Your work is breathtaking...Update soon! And I hope you feel better~
skahducky chapter 4 . 1/27/2005
Oh no! Hagrid can't be dead!

Umm...is Snape going to Obliviate the Death Eater so that Voldemort doesn't find out what happened?

Also, I don't think you'd put in the scene with Julia and the game store for no reason. Obviously, she's going to find something there. Anyway, this is a great chapter. Please update soon!
Arkeus chapter 4 . 1/27/2005
nice chapter. I would have hoped hagrid to resist the avada kedavra for at least a while seeing that he is part giant, but...It was nice, keep going, even if the fic is depressing.
King Dimension chapter 3 . 1/27/2005
Great!
AmethystPhoenix1 chapter 4 . 1/27/2005
Great job!

Even though I'm not overly fond of Hagrid, it was sad to see him die for Harry. I wonder how many more people are going to die before Voldemort realizes the prophecy has changed, and how Harry's going to feel about all this.

And which one of his friends is a traitor? Hmm... Or is there even one?

Liked the Hermione-slaps-Draco scene too. :)
Hawke chapter 4 . 1/27/2005
Supurb! As usual...

And here I thought the idea was that Harry was normal, that Voldy didn't give a damn about him, except... well, except maybe for that fact that he's Sirius' godchild and James' son. Why on earth would V. try to kill Harry, except as a way to hurt Sirius? Unless... maybe Harry *is* important anyway.
Lady Eowyn of Ithilien chapter 4 . 1/27/2005
I can't wait to see the new circle? Will Sirius be one of the members? WIll he come back to join?
aztecgold882 chapter 4 . 1/27/2005
Oh my gosh... :'( That was such a sad chapter, both the end & Julia's bit. I didn't see that coming at all... fantastic writing. Using the Room of Requirement was seriously pure genius! I hope you're feeling better now. Can't wait for your next chapter!
2,615 | « Prev Page 1 .. 155 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 .. Last Next »