Reviews for Promises Defended
leanaunsidhe chapter 2 . 1/8/2005
Great start to the new story! Can't wait for the next chapters.
mon chapter 2 . 1/8/2005
so, Hogsmeade has fallen. nice chapter. waiting for next.
starrynight1013 chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
Wow. That's horrible. I know I shouldn't be surprised because it's Voldemort, but wow, how evil. Your portrayal of Snape is so deep; you really make him a round character and show that he's in this sort of trap where he now has a heart and wants to stop everything but can't for the greater good (even though you can tell it kills him everytime he can't step in). What a horrible position to be in. But it all makes him an incredibly real, dynamic character. Thanks for writing, and I look forward to your next chapter.
skahducky chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
Oh my! That was so sad! I was hoping that the Aurors would come at any moment and stop them, but I guess they can't be everywhere. Anyways, this is a great chapter. Please update soon!
Augusta Almeda chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
I could almost feel the emotions of the

characters, be it sick pleasure, insanity, disgust, or fear. I find your portrayal of Snape to be very interesting, as he's not suddenly Harry-loving nice Snape like some fics make him, but he's not a Voldemort-worshipping monster either. Again, keep up the good work and I'll be along promptly for the next chapter!
Augusta Almeda chapter 1 . 1/7/2005
After reading PU and PR, I was very interested to see the final installment. Your ideas are very well thought out and the stories excellently written. I rather like the parallels to the 'real' Harry Potter world, such as Sirius being in Azkaban under different circumstances and Fudge being an idiot under any circumstances. For this chapter, I got a sense of detatchment, which lended a curious tone to the scene. Sirius's downspiral seems to have happened a bit fast, but I suppose it works in context.
jordan chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
Whoa, that was heavy. But in a good way, good writing. I'm definitely creeped out now. Things are getting critical now... I love it!

Update soon, please.
oobergoober chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
...I think I'm going to have nightmares tonight
physicallynothere chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
dang, that is a DARK chapter. Thats just sick.
Dessi chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
Wow. That was frighteningly good. I was almost there, in Hogsmeade. Terrifying. Wow.

Update soon! Please? With a sugar cube? (Sugar cubes are the best. :D)
Alana chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
OMG ROBIN! I like jumped for joy to see this story up, because I've been reading since the beginning and it just gets better and better. This is such a great start! Hehe. Keep up the good work, chica!
silverwolf8 chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
You had me shuddering all the way through that chapter, it really was a horrific image. A living nightmare, indeed-but it certainly demonstrated how cold and merciless Voldemort and his followers consistently can be.

I also think the way you've written Snape is excellent; his character has been consistent all the way through. At the same time as getting his character right, the thoughts you've created concerning his own position are chilling.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
Sleepydaisychick chapter 1 . 1/7/2005
Unbelievable chapter... as a parent, this is by far and away a nightmare scenario and probably the worst one I can imagine. It was well written and terrifying. I'm dying to know what happens after this, and the ramifications that follow.

The only minor quibble I have with it is that no parent took up Voldemort's challenge at the end. Being a mother, I know that if it were my only shot, I'd do it, even if I knew the final result would be my death. My love for my son knows no boundaries; I would stare death in the face for him (or voldemort, in this case).

Otherwise, excellent chapter - amazing suspense and your imagination and the way you paint a portrait with your words never fails to impress. I'll be looking foward to the next one. :-)
peeves3000 chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
Very dark, yet intriguing.

As usual can't wait for the next chappie.
Prongs4 chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
That was a really sad but really well written chapter...please say it was a dream that didn't happen!
2,615 | « Prev Page 1 .. 160 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 .. Last Next »