Reviews for Promises Defended
little miss BANANNA HEAD chapter 20 . 5/17/2020
yo, I be thinking, and thinking HARD, and this be popping out at me. does voldemort - aka tom marvolo "heartless" riddle like-like sirius? Or is it deep appreciation? Because I'm getting them like-like vibes and after reading about albus x grindelwald on pottermore, I gotta be asking some big-brain questions here.
little miss BANANNA HEAD chapter 19 . 5/17/2020
it makes me terribly sad that dumbledore and grindelwald's passions died the day voldemort attacked the ministry in this universe.
little miss BANANNA HEAD chapter 15 . 5/17/2020
I refuse to believe Percy is dead until they find the body. All it said was "Percy was gone." Not dead, not dying, not briefed of his soul, nothing. I will hold out hope, ppl. It worked for Sirius, it worked for Remus, it worked for Lee (boy needs a hug doe). Hope does wonderous things. (looks at DR games)
little miss BANANNA HEAD chapter 12 . 5/17/2020
HE'S NOT DEAD YET

YE BOIIIIIIIIIIII
little miss BANANNA HEAD chapter 11 . 5/17/2020
Remus didn't die in writing. it's only implied. I'll hold onto this hope until it's explicitly stated that our boy be dead.
Ho chapter 41 . 4/1/2020
NOT ALICE LONGBOTTOM
Hp chapter 14 . 3/31/2020
Pls don't kill lupin
Hermione Granger chapter 10 . 3/31/2020
This is a great work of art...a true masterpiece. It really makes me feel. The Power of the Font, The darkness that rests in Sirius Black, Mundungus Fletcher, Lily, James, Hestia, Peter, Remus Lupin, The Power Of Hogwarts...all are beautifully written..it feels so real...so raw...so great...the indefinite proportions of power...are beautifully explained...the doubts in a tortured person's mind, the pain, the battles, the determination, the bond, the Marauders... Are beautifully explained and written... Beautifully designed... Keep it up and keep writing!
Ashla07 chapter 29 . 3/13/2020
I love how you write Voldemort.
He is not some mindless, overconfident monster who kills because he has something to prove, he is civil and addresses his opponents with respect. Like, he just shook hands with SIRIUS GODDAMN BLACK! The guy who has been running rings around his followers and has resisted him way too many times.
I love the letters he writes too, like “I will not insult your intelligence, or your loyalty to your friends by asking you to join me.” Like, wow. Okay then. Respect. And the one he wrote to James was so perfectly constructed, proving that he knows how to play the political game as well. Not just an angry villain, an intelligent one. And he kept to his word. He said he would come alone, and he did. He has the perfect opportunity for an ambush and yet, he kept to his word.
I also love how he signs off in his letters; ave atque vale. Oh. My. God. Wow. Just the amount of respect he holds for his opponents never ceases to amaze me.
I have read this series more times than I can count, thank you so much for being awesome!
A person chapter 51 . 1/25/2020
INCREDIBLE. Absolutely loved this fanfic, the only problem being that I can’t read it fast enough. Really amazing AU story and I love the slight twists on certain characters. Thank you so much for sharing it.
Nora of the Sea chapter 51 . 12/9/2019
This story has inspired me in so many different ways. Thank you again and again for writing it!
Me chapter 51 . 12/8/2019
Oh. My. Gosh. This is, by far, one of the best things I have ever read. Thank you so much! I love it!
anjiepotter chapter 22 . 11/1/2019
i read your story from the beginning, from PH to this part. i do hope you realize that your are sadistic enough to wrote this story of yours. i am enjoying your writing style. i do hope you became a professional writer or already did. i am sorry if my review didn't impress you.
hervissa chapter 51 . 10/12/2019
Wow!
I feel like returning from a long, long journey - which this incredible monster of an AU pretty much was.
Thank you for bringing this story to such an awesome and fitting end; thank you for including so many creative ideas and fabulous lore; thank you for writing a tale that is indeed a sparkling star in the wide, deep galaxy of HP fanfiction.

Wonderful characterization of everyone involved (oh, Severus was /exquisite/ in his shadowy-divided-loyalties-spy-walking-on-the-knife's-edge arc); great plot twists (though were I Voldy, I'd kill Sirius without offering choices or honorable talks - and I'd also kill Peter when having the chance...and lots of other things, mostly arising from the Dark Lord's List Of Things To Never Do - like gloating before slaying the enemy - but then again, Voldy has flaws, like adhering to traditions and desperately trying to be accepted as the grand wizard he sees himself as - and frankly, he'd be a very different sort of villain were he more rational. At any rate, you've done an excellent job with him, too.) and last but not least, daaaaamn, you can /write/! I couldn't put this story down. Gonna miss it now that I've finished it, to be honest!

Thank you for writing this stunning novel.
Have a magical day, nay, life!

~hervissa :)
Min's awesomeness chapter 50 . 8/8/2019
So, I've spend the last week re-reading your amazing work. Thank you for sharing with us this AU, full of new possibilities and most important where friendship and love for those close to us play such a big role.
2,615 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »