Reviews for Twisting the Knife
andaere chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
This is an amazing story. It deseves way more reviews than it's gotten! Everything is very in character, especially the subtle ways Frodo and Rosie interact (like how Frodo tricks Rosie into letting him do all the work, and how Rosie knows about what went on in that tower). The confession was very sad, I felt so bad for Rosie! But I liked how Frodo realized that Rosie needed to get it out or else it'd haunt her forever. I wish Frodo had been able to unburden himself like that... :(

Anyways, great story. Very emotional and powerful. Thanks for posting it! :)
Frodo Silverlune chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
very interesting. very sad. i kinda wish frodo's fate in the tower had been clarified, because since he can't remember it it makes it difficult for the reader to draw a complete conclusion in their mind, to wind the story down to a close, with all ends tied. but otherwise, good job!
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
I am amazed that no one has yet reviewed this wonderful story. Excellent. The tone of the confession is just right, and quite plausible. I do have one little suggestion for improvement: I think Rose would have named the innkeeper, rather than refering to him in the impersonal "the innkeeper." I think it would make the flashback sequence more in-tone with Rose's remembering, if you had her name the innkeeper. Something like ..."Master Limekiln, the innkeeper, ..." and then referred to Mr. Limekiln for the rest of the time. Just my one suggestion. It's truely a wonderful story. Congratulations.