Reviews for Ease
KittyWillCutYou chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
This still manages to be one of my most favorite pieces of work on this entire site.
Links6 chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
This is SO amazingly awesome! You totally got Spriggan down! WOW! It's not often that authors recognize the fact that their reactions are so natural that it's a habit-but you did! I really loved it so much! Great job :D
Azamiko chapter 1 . 7/13/2005
Aw...(I knew about this series for years, but I just bought the movie recently...now I'm seeking out the manga)
Shella chapter 1 . 2/9/2005
This has the feel of a Whitlams song I really like, where the chorus goes: "Don't get up, I'm in heaven / Close your eyes, it's only ... eleven / Days as small as the window / & I'm an inside-outed pillow".

The summary is pretty accurate - 'just two guys hanging out' - but it somehow ends up being more than that ... fleshed-out, well-rounded, complete, sincere, essential ... All the little details & middling routines of the day, & their lives, are worked in & accounted. It has a very completed & finished tone: they know each other so well, have known each other for so long, that words aren't really necessary (having hardly any dialogue helps), & things feel like they've always been this way & always will be this way.

It's not sad - more like wistful or even nostalgic, despite being the present situation.

It's not fluffy - more like contentment, maybe satisfaction with the way things have worked out.

It's not romance - more like slice-of-life featuring mutual appreciation & maybe admiration.

It potters along like a lazy Sunday, where even work & chores are no more stressful or disagreeable than reading the paper or having a cup of tea.

I think the cup of tea is a good metaphor for this fic, actually. & the sugar is the fact that someone's actually posting new stuff in this fandom! Joy! _
glitch and gremlin chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
Very beautiful, very sweet story. I like the tone and your writing style-cool, languid, and flowing. I wish there was more detail, but my imagination was active and kicking throughout the entire story! _

I hope you write more. Keep up the great work!