Reviews for O the Delight of My Eyes
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
A great story. Very good.
DreamMakersMagic chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
aw so sad but i like it
Inactive1357 chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Oh, the poor little boy. And Aravis is so... angry. i guess she has a right to be, and it's very in character. A good read.
Swanwhite2 chapter 1 . 8/31/2006
This is one of those rare storys that I can imagine everything clearly. In some storys its a struggle to picture things but you made it easy. Now I have a really cool picture in my head of where aravis' lived and what her life was like. I also like how you had the calormene speech. Its on my favourite storys list.
jasonc65 chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
Interesting story. So Aravis is saddened by the tragedies that have happened to her family on the night she is about to be married off, and so no wonder she is suicidal. I see that you're named after an Oz character. Nice to see you trasported into Narnia. One of my obsessions is Glinda.
cheetahlee chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
Well done! Very well done! Not as formal as Lewis wrote her story, but an intriguing backstory from a gifted teller.
RanWithScissorsBeforeItWasCool chapter 1 . 2/20/2005
Bless you for writing a good Chronicles of Narnia fic. There aren't anywhere near enough. Excellent Aravis.

"Delight of my eyes" is a bit overused, though. I realize it's your title and all, but... they don't say it *that* much.
Julia451 chapter 6 . 1/25/2005
I loved it. Couldn't possible be better. Perfect description, perfect emotions, perfect language much like C.S. Lewis', superb characterization.
ice73 chapter 7 . 1/17/2005
Ah, now I get it. I saw your story before you had divided it into chapters. Well done. But, Tarkhena , Rose Shield of the Desert, you missed a spot: chapter 3, near the bottom: 'delight of ME eyes'. Or did you mean it that way?
poison blossom chapter 7 . 1/16/2005
This is a really great fic,it somehow manages to be really descriptive without writing loads, and you've got Aravis' character really well. I love the imagery you're using (at least I think that's wha you call it!) it's almost poetic. Once again I say, great fic!
varletun chapter 7 . 1/16/2005
ADDING AS ONE OF MY FAVOURITES!

Love this /so/ much. It's concise, it's sparse, it's sharp and it killed me, slowly and with every sentence through every chapter.

I love the way it starts, the way it ends, and I'm re-reading The Horse and His Boy now, just because your fic is making me seethe with jealousy. This is such a terribly un-constructive review, but I'm too busy sque!ing to be coherent.

LOVE.
fledge chapter 7 . 1/10/2005
A truly wonderful story. Yes Aravis is one of my favourites, too, and you picture her in an absolutely convincing way. But this is not really "The end", is it? It can't be! You still need to have Hwin reveal her true nature. What I like especially is the way you get the formal Calormene way of talking across. May I humbly suggest that in these occasion THOU USEST the pretty old form of THOU/THEE/THINE, rather than YOU/YOUR? Please continue soon, this is definitely the very best Aravis around here!
almostinsane chapter 7 . 1/5/2005
Great story!
ice73 chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
O Most Puissant Author, the Sun of the Morning Sky as it grazes the Face of the Mountains, Ever-Living: This is good, but I don't get the part about the suicide. Was that in the book? Gotta look it up again. Anyway, nice fic.