Reviews for A Snake in the Ivy, A Fire Amidst Stones
TheNameOnHerLipsOpenedHell chapter 2 . 10/4/2012
Much the same as your other reviewers, I would dearly love to read more of this. I agree with their words wholeheartedly so I will not bore you by repeating them.
One reviewer posed an interesting question though, What would happen if Fuchsia came to be with child? I think the idea could be very good to work with. It would make it even more tragic as Steerpike slaughtered his way to the house of Groan. Fuchsia would be devoted to the child as she was to Steerpike but being a child herself would be lost in knowing how to cope. And what would Steerpike do? Sorry, I have loved this series and the novel since I was 16 years old and recently started watching it again.
Moonphase chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
excellent work, definitly the best story on this fandom on this site. You updated in 2005, does that mean it is complete? In a way that's a shame, I would have loved to see this continue to find out if Steerpikes plans worked; in the books he wasn't as clever after he was burned. I wonder if you were going to scupper his plans in this fanfic also; Fuschia's love, I think, would be terrifying, due to it's potency. Having all that love heaped onto one person o_O scary. Anyway, as you probably won't update, as it's been five years, I'll assume he won; which in a way makes me glad (I did support Steerpike, despite the fact that he was quite evil, because I thought Gormenghast on the whole was an awful place that could do with being burned down or put to better use.) Though, in another way, it makes me very sad, because I adored Fuschia and was quite fond of the Prunsquallers.
queen hera chapter 2 . 7/10/2009
This is really well written and i like how you have really kept in with the books and TV show. I always got the impression from the books that Steerpike truly does love Fuchsia but maybe loves power more, and if could have gained power and had Fuchsia he would have. Anyway great writing style.
Chocobo Watcher chapter 2 . 7/27/2008
Well done!

Steerpike was always a nasty, slippery eel even in the kitchens.

I have always wondered what might have happened if Fuschia became pregnant.

Alas, it was not to be.
Tara1189 chapter 2 . 6/30/2008
By the looks of things, you haven't updated in a while, but can I still hope? This is wonderful, you have a real flair for characterisation; I've just recently finished the Gormenghast novels so the characters are all still pretty fresh in my mind. I particularly like your portrayal of Steerpike, who, contrary to what most people would like to believe, was not in love with Fuchsia - she was merely a pawn to advance his plans. Nice to see you haven't been afraid to make him dark, but still retained the disturbing charisma he can convey. The descriptive language is similar to Peake's own which really maintains the atmosphere of the novel. A pleasure to read.
corinna chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
This is the best pice of Gormenghast fanfic here! It really captures Peake's writing style. It keeps everyone in character, too. I was reading some others and they said "Steerpike loves Fuschia" or "Fuschia really wanted to commit suicide" and it made me SO MAD! I wanted to shake them and say "Hello? Have you read the book?" But I read this one and it was awesome. I felt like reading the original! I was just thinking how there should be a story about what had happened if Steerpike had seduced her, and here it is! Write more! It's great!
melangell chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
I like this very much. Encore!
Kay chapter 2 . 11/23/2006
Wow. This Fic is amazing and beautifully described. Your use of the charaters fits in well with the book and your grammar is good too _ Keep on going! I cannot wait to read more.
SteerpikeSister chapter 2 . 10/9/2006
i cant belive you havent continued this! its amazing! i am in raptures!
luni chapter 2 . 9/24/2006
i love this!

There's so lttle of Gormenghast anywhere, so it's great to see something so magnificent.

I love the way it seems to imitate Peake's style and it keeps everyone perfectly in character.

Please write more!
Assisted-Living-Dracula chapter 2 . 8/10/2006
Your writing is amazing!
Glass Mermaid chapter 2 . 7/2/2006
Beautiful. Absolutely stunning.
Silmarwen chapter 2 . 3/9/2006
please continue with this story, very peakesque and a delicious read.
Kai Corlington chapter 2 . 2/17/2006
You write just as well as Peakes, the style is so similar. Might there be more to come?
PearTreeFruit chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
Wow, this is really good! Your use of language is fantastic. I agree with Kate, there definitely should be a Gormenghast section.