Reviews for Betrayed Remembrance
Legendary Biologist chapter 1 . 11/12/2015
The friendship between Brandon and Bunji in the series has always been fascinating in the series. Bunji is much more of a tough guy when compared to Brandon, but still, him being able to cooperate only with Brandon is the best part of their friendship.

The narrative really suits Bunji's Yakuza persona. His lonely, yet tough character is portrayed well through the careful choice of words, particularly how he views himself as a [pathetic, decaying shell]. Also, Bunji's speech is well-written. His dialogue is definitely spoken in his voice, which is gruff and contains a curse or two.

The tale of the lighter is a very touching one. It's Brandon Christmas gift; a sign of friendship between the two of them and how much Brandon actually appreciates him. The lighter, too, is unique. I like the description of how it looks like, because it shows its uniqueness and symbolizes that Brandon possibly considers Bunji as a special person in True Grave.

I like that you bring up the beginning of ep 20 to potray Bunji's anger and sorrow at Brandon's betrayal (that episode is frequently glossed over). Bunji just appreciates Brandon as much as Brandon does to him, but then, Brandon betrays Millennion. I can understand how he ends up throwing his cigarette into the empty coffin; he's very angry at his friend's betrayal. Yet the lighter just serves to remind him of his friendship between him and Brandon.

The ending is a great bittersweet ending. Brandon and Bunji do reconcile (somewhat) in the end. Bunji still keeps that lighter, and he finally decides to do what he has never managed to do in his life: thanking Brandon for the gift. Considering that Bunji is a lone wolf, the fact that Bunji actually likes that Brandon is a close friend he has never had in his life is very touching. My heart sorta melts at Bunji's last thoughts. :')

A little typo near the end: ["(You're) welcome."]

This piece fits in ep 24 and perfectly depicts the friendship between Brandon and Bunji indeed. Great work!
Alucard787 chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
Simply amazing! You have inspired me to write better, this story is like no other I am truly glad I got to read it, pleas continue to write.
shilo chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Wow! I'm just at a loss for words. You handled the situation perfectly, I could actually see the action happen in my mind. Great visuals though its sad cause of the kinship that Brandon and Bunji had. Its really rare to come across any GOOD Gungrave fics and I hope that you continue to write for this fandom. Keep up the excellent work!
mike11 chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
absolutely wonderful. It was very creative and well thought out. congrats on a great fanfic.
Sharyn chapter 1 . 1/9/2005
Lovely interaction between the two. I like how you captured the essence of betrayal in this fic. Bunji was portrayed well, but I felt Brandon was a bit bland. Hope to see more.