Reviews for Crushed
VampedVixen chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
This rings very true to life. No matter how much we care about people, sometimes we say stupid, unhelpful things. It's why people should never say "I know exactly how you feel" because that's impossible. I can see Cordy & Xander having this problem in their relationship.
MBB chapter 1 . 1/9/2005
Okay, so what was the secret Xander told her?

Anyway. good fic.

it makes sense for S3-Cordy so see herself as misunderstood as she hurts someone with (in her own eyes) good intentions, and blame the person she hurt for not understanding her.

Although I doubt she would actually recognise her own flaws, I can see her reach out for her boyfriend.
ainon chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
A very interesting character study. I'd always thought there was more going on with Cordelia than we got to see in those early Buffy seasons.
Queen Boadicea chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
Trust a good writer like you to provide meaningful insight on a character like Goneril Chase. There are people who are big fans of her character from season one of BtVS. Frankly, I never saw any redeeming qualities in being a vapid, shallow, meanspirited, gold-digging, nasty, spiteful, wasp-tongued coconut. But that's just I.

I fume whenever I recall how she took a swipe at Willow for wearing Sears. I want to spit nails when she questioned Marcy Ross's right to exist. I roll my eyes when she faked tears because she wanted to coerce Buffy into helping her seduce college boys (how I wish that snake had eaten that lanky, skanky cheerleader!). I want to hurl my shoes through the TV when I remember how she revealed Xander's shameful family secret in front of his friends.

And let's not forget her constant insensitivity with Angel and his crew. That bitca came to Angel with nothing but her mama's looks, questionable secretarial skills and a roach-infested apartment. Then she proceeds to dump on him, take his money and criticize his people whenever the opportunity arose. She may have had heart but she'd grown such a thick carapace over it, she hid her feelings all the time. Remember when the others where mourning Fred's departure from A.I. and she told the others she was going home? She talked about having a good cry-but only when she was sure she was out of earshot. Soothing? That cow? Yeah, right.

Lest we forget, she also spent most of her savins and took Angel's money just so she could screw a guy she'd known for two days in Pylea. She waltzed off to screw Groo (Heh. Screw Groo) conveniently forgetting her duties as a seer. What a trouper.

You know what? Forget your story. I still hate the coconut. :E
Imzadi chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
This is a very nice story, Dana. It rings very true. No one ever taught Cordelia to be sensitive to others; she had to learn it in L.A.